Waldo's Weekly - Thunderstruck

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, Waldo came up with the crazy idea of starting his own business. Skydiving for the age impaired is certainly an idea, but as soon as we started with the paperwork (namely the insurance – lots and lots of insurance), he zoned out and built himself a papercraft hut with the unsigned forms.

So, while he does whatever it is that he does in Fort Waldo, let’s take a look at an upcoming Master for the Explorer’s Society, Anya Lycarayen!

WaldosWeekly_11.4.2020_Art-Anya.jpg

Condor Rails has provided transportation for just about every person and company in Malifaux at some point or another. Ever since her father, Aucaman, disappeared, Anya has directed (and vastly expanded) the already booming rail conglomerate.

Anya plays on the table just like she does in any important business meeting: brutal and without mercy. Paired with Blade Rush, both her Ancestral Tomahawk and Bleeding Edge Attack Actions will cut through her foes like naïve entrepreneurs who don’t read the fine print.  

WaldosWeekly_11.4.2020_Card-Anya.jpg

Normally lingering around Condor Rails’ headquarters in Ridley is Sovereign, Anya’s giant construct condor and totem. Whether statuesque and silent during board room meetings or thunderous and violent during confrontations, Sovereign is always a looming threat. The damage of its Menacing Claws will leave enemies devastated, and his Thunderstruck will leave his enemies… well, thunderstruck.

WaldosWeekly_11.4.2020_Art-Sovereign.jpgWaldosWeekly_11.4.2020_Card-Sovereign.jpg

That’s it from us this week. To find out more about Anya’s story (and the stories of characters in her keyword), make sure to preorder the Explorer’s Society Faction book, coming out later this month!

• Like 6

I dont want to sound like a negative Nancy but are the points normal for a Master and the Totem to be that high together?  A total of 20 points seems really high.  Are there many other Master/totems with a total cost similar to this?  I thought they were generally around 17 or 18.  In any case I am glad to see them.

9 minutes ago, A_Rabid Nun said:

I dont want to sound like a negative Nancy but are the points normal for a Master and the Totem to be that high together?  A total of 20 points seems really high.  Are there many other Master/totems with a total cost similar to this?  I thought they were generally around 17 or 18.  In any case I am glad to see them.

It's just some examples, but
- Sandeep is 15points and his totem Banasuva is 7points, for a total of 22.
- Ironside is 15points and her totem Mouse is 4points, for a total of 19.
- Som'er is 15points and his totems are 2 Seekers at 3points each, for a total of 21.

I haven't check all master/totem pairings, but it looks like there's a few within the same range of points.

1 hour ago, A_Rabid Nun said:

It's actually quite common to go over those values, some more examples:

• Dreamer + LCB = 20
  • Kirai + Ikiryo = 23
  • Tara + Karina = 20

Also, at 19 there are many.

The artwork is nice looking. Is this the same artist as at the start of M3E? There is a great improvement in the body proportions !

However this is really unimpressive for a master. The totem is really nice though.

Except for Nexus, I am very unimpressed by the artworks of the masters in this faction.

• Basse is static and bulky,
  • Ivan is Lynch with a change of shoulder for the shoulder pad and no goaty,
  • Cooper is just a guy with a rifle,
  • Anya is a woman with feathers in the hair showing the way with her tomahawk...

They are bit bland compared to the other factions imho.

I mean look at the Arcanists :D. Except for Ironside which does not stand out too much, they are all very "masterish".

Same for the Neverborn.

Even the Outcasts found a way to stand out when many of them could be normal humans also.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, J4bberw0ck said:

I'm stoked for the stats and have been since the playtest, but can we talk about that model for Sovereign? I mean, giant mechanical Thunderbird which looks like it'll attach to its base via a bolt of lightning? Amazing.

Yeah, I'm afraid to. xD

By the thunder of Sovereign will be a new frustration shout.

oh, Cooper is not a man with a rifle. More a head with a construct body. And a rifle.