Details you missed at first glance

Angelshard

Shamelessly stolen from @Regelridderen in theneverborn forum, as  I think it's a really good idea. 

What synergies or details about a model or rules have you found that you didn't notice till now?

For me the fact that concealing affects friendly targets came as a total surprise. Suddenly lawyers are at a minus flip when obeying an austringer in a dust cloud (or any other friendly model in concealing terrain). 

The other is that A por el allows you to take quick actions. 

• Like 2

Hoffman can give a power token to a non-construct, allowing that model to be moved by the mechanical attendant’s magnet. I haven’t gotten use out of this yet beyond the turn one pushes, but there is likely something to be done with it: more repositioning is rarely bad.

Crowd Control shuts down disengaging strikes.

If the enemy disengaging strike is an attack action [not sure atm if this exists outside of the action structure, but I say it is an attack] the: Serene Countenance adds a negative; the duel and penalty can be Take the Hit/Protected off to a model which isn’t disengaging.

A sergeant can kick the Dispatcher forward as though it were a scheme marker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Hoffman can give a power token to a non-construct, allowing that model to be moved by the mechanical attendant’s magnet. I haven’t gotten use out of this yet beyond the turn one pushes, but there is likely something to be done with it: more repositioning is rarely bad.

Crowd Control shuts down disengaging strikes.

If the enemy disengaging strike is an attack action [not sure atm if this exists outside of the action structure, but I say it is an attack] the: Serene Countenance adds a negative; the duel and penalty can be Take the Hit/Protected off to a model which isn’t disengaging.

A sergeant can kick the Dispatcher forward as though it were a scheme marker.

The take the hit part is really wild.

No prisoners can be used to run and gun into grenades.  (same with Melissa Kore)

no prisoners on a rifleman can be used to throw 18" grenades.

The Pale Rider can cause card draw with Elite and Mimic Models.

Augmented models can transfer power to themselves.

If you use Basse with Sonnia, you can put Sonnia in a forest then use quicksand to place her far upboard without much risk of damage because a double negative is likely to come up weak, which her shielded will eat.  She will still have injured tho.

Models with mimic copying pine box are at stat 6 or 7 vs. size.  Even with that it is rarely worthwhile.

Lawyers can be really threatening ML threats if you use tools for the job to get the crow, and your opponent is running out of cards.

Not really fitting, but man I want it to be helpful- If you have the cards turn one, a DMR with no prisoners can one shot a SS miner.  Spending 10 pts to take out a six point model, and also two severes, including one that is suited, feels bad, but I'm still convinced.

• Like 2

Anything is worth tqking out a SS miner turn 1! That's likely a full scheme denied. 

How about just pine boxing it though? 🤔 It's got a got a pretty bad wp so the opponent might need to cheat pretty high to not unbury in the middle of your crew. I hate that distracted doesn't apply to that duel, feels like it should. 

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Anything is worth tqking out a SS miner turn 1! That's likely a full scheme denied. 

How about just pine boxing it though? 🤔 It's got a got a pretty bad wp so the opponent might need to cheat pretty high to not unbury in the middle of your crew. I hate that distracted doesn't apply to that duel, feels like it should. 

Its buried, cant it just unbury with the action?  I haven't looked carefully.

Maybe not, taking the Jury and a recruiter though... Auto damage and obeys if you don't manage to get it on the first activation. 

I feel like distracted should really have applied to the next duel of any kind. 

@4thstringer the idea was that the pine ox forces it to unbury near your models at the start of its activation. 

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Maybe not, taking the Jury and a recruiter though... Auto damage and obeys if you don't manage to get it on the first activation. 

I feel like distracted should really have applied to the next duel of any kind. 

@4thstringer the idea was that the pine ox forces it to unbury near your models at the start of its activation. 

Ohh, so you want him to succeed.  I kinda like it.

Something I've liked recently is taking Allison Dade in Lucius. She can black mail to generate pass tokens for lucius' mastermind. Doppleganger and agent 46 can mimic it also if you want to generate more and even the guild lawyer could obey her to do it again on the same model.

Speaking of Lucius, expert marksman is interesting on him, it lets him hidden sniper from any of his models engaged models without friendly fire.

Doppleganger can mimic itself to have a stat 7 lure.

Only recently realized the Family Matters trigger is different than its beta version (you had to discard a card originally as a cost),  making Perdita's crew much better. It lets you keep dumping actions into Nino really easily and take 5 extra shots with him on turn 1.

Domadore de cadavers can command dead on the brutal emissary, perfect for charging him up so he can get great sword bonuses on his activation

• Like 3

This one is probably well known, but also really important. Nino has a built in tome for armour piecing trigger from expert marksman. 

Edit: ignore this one... You can rebury undercover reporter oif you want to throw another minion back to deployment. 

Governors proxy can cheat his demise damage flip

Fransiscos Heroic intervention means he can efectivly ignore disguised (and it increases his range by 1").

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Good point concerning Serene Contenance.  The actions generated by Disengaging Strike don't stop being Attack actions.  For that matter, if a Terrifying model declares Disengage, anyone trying to stop them has to deal with Terrifying.

On the other manipulator appendage, just to double check on Take the Hit or Protected.  That'll do two things:

• If the model with Take the Hit or Protected has better stats, or better defensive abilities, that'll be a benefit.
  • If the attacker's using Wicked, obviously important that the targeting and resulting damage and effects are being redirected.

but Take the Hit or Protected don't prevent the push reduction specified in Disengage.  Right?  Because the push reduction effect is specified as 'reduce this model's push distance' and not 'reduce the target of the attack's push distance'.

So you get the awesome scene of Mr. Hoffman leaving a scrum, someone goes to stop him, and Mr. Langston steps up.  😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Abuela's "Nice shot dear" works on "listen up young'un!" if you use "a por el" on her. Hadn't noticed that somehow.

It works on A Por El directly every time if she has line of sight.

That said, you can A Por El her to retarget the model that just finished its activation and give it an additional action. I’m not clear if the “Nice Shot, Dear” bonus applies then? The original model has finished its activation and you’re sort of in activation limbo at that point? I think I’ve also heard people assert that it’s tacked on to the completed activation the same way “after resolving” steps are part of the attack sequence. Anyone have a clear answer?

3 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

It works on A Por El directly every time if she has line of sight.

That said, you can A Por El her to retarget the model that just finished its activation and give it an additional action. I’m not clear if the “Nice Shot, Dear” bonus applies then? The original model has finished its activation and you’re sort of in activation limbo at that point? I think I’ve also heard people assert that it’s tacked on to the completed activation the same way “after resolving” steps are part of the attack sequence. Anyone have a clear answer?

Also Abuela takes an 8 or better for Listen Up, but she can target a higher cost model if you want to use A Por El to pinch up again.

There is one thing I missed at first glance with reporters, and I do not like it. You can not protect your scheme with "exclusive interview" aura.

If your opponent trys to remove your scheme marker in an "exclusive interview" aura, he will interact. You will control the interact, but as he is close to a friendly scheme marker, your only legal choice is to have him remove every scheme marker in base contact.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

There is one thing I missed at first glance with reporters, and I do not like it. You can not protect your scheme with "exclusive interview" aura.

If your opponent trys to remove your scheme marker in an "exclusive interview" aura, he will interact. You will control the interact, but as he is close to a friendly scheme marker, your only legal choice is to have him remove every scheme marker in base contact.

Not sure but I think you can choose to remove zero markers ,