So who's the new guy.

CustardBomb

Baseless speculation time!!

Alfonse, the Hunted (master)

The Hunter (totem)

Alfonse is a regular combat badass.

15 health, damage track of 2/4/8 on his melee attack, and 3/4/5 on his 8" shotgun.

So badass in fact, that you're pretty confident nothing could ever scare him.

Except something does. The Hunter. When hiring Alfonse, you must hire The Hunter.

When you deploy The Hunter, you do so anywhere on the board and your opponent gains control of it for the rest of the game. It escalates in power every turn (Yan Lo style), but can only declare attacks against Alfonse. It ignores all other models when moving, except a tactical bonus action that moves other models out of the way. It ignores damage and kill effects, and is insignificant for schemes and strats.

Alfonse tactical action: better you than me. Target a friendly minion and give it a 'Bait' upgrade. Until the end phase, The Hunter can only attack that model instead of Alfonse. That minion gains slow and staggered. When The Hunter kills a minion with a 'Bait' upgrade, it may take an action and attach another upgrade (from its Yan Lo style power upgrades).

The Hunter model: a small (40mm, size three) child from a never before seen species. Prey we never see an adult.

Story encounter: we see an adult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not getting a crossbow look from that weapon, but the bottom part is directly parralel with the picture so it could be a cross beam.

That would make a lot more sense as a barrel that big shot in the forehead would not leave a tiny hole in the skull; you'd be hard pressed to find chunks big enough to tie to your belt!

• 2 weeks later...

Black Friday is not generally used for releasing new rules, I think the only time we have got a figure that we didn't already have rules for was Aionius, released for their 10th Birthday.

I am expecting the explorers to be the Gencon book for next year. I don't expect to know any of the rule from it till July at the earliest, although we might see more images over the next few months.

I doubt any figures will be sold before gencon when we have the rules (assuming I'm right about it being a gencon book)

• 2 weeks later...

he has a rather commanding stature, and being the first concept teased I'm guessing new master. Definitely some big game hunter, craven from marvel comics type vibes. Maybe a Rg0-1 knife that skins off sceme markers on a trigger, and likely brutal shotgun attacks with a way to ignore defenses. Maybe bonuses against high cost models? His keyword could be foused around setting traps or getting to pull trophies (schemes) off of enemy kills.

The lion pelt makes me think a game poacher from earthside coming to malifaux to hunt even deadlier prey. Well saddle up dude, we got winged demons and pigs the size of draught horses here!

• 1 month later...

I don't think minons...

Right one has a big long ranged weapon and knife.  Left one has a spear and a knife.  Center lady had a pistol.  There's nothing really unifying them as the same model type, armament wise or stylistically.

I'm thinking two Henchmen, and she's the Totem... Personal Assistant Tracey Buckingham, or something like that.

Yeah? Going off. I recon the lady could be different. 

But the other two both have lion pelts, both have guns and both have skinning knives. Theres lots fo examples of multiple minions models having more different armaments with the same stats. (Torakage come to mind) 

The lady I can see being henchmen or totem. Hoping Henchmen over totem honestly. 

• Agree 1

I reckon they might all be Henchmen/enforcers. The guy in the front is my first pick for Henchman just because he is highlighted over the others.

I wouldn't be surprised if his totem is an animal (massive attack dog or something)? They feel like they need some stuff from the wilds outside Malifaux, not just a band of hunters.

EDIT: oh wait, is the guy in the front the Master? He must be, the description of Lord Cooper fits him way better. He could own a mansion.

Cooper looks a bit like Von Schill, eh? Cigar smoking mature dude with a big gun and mechanical limbs. Regardless, I like it. I can't wait to learn more. 

I think all three are minions. They all have the pelts and skulls that tie them together. A bit like monster hunters (but not quite as good looking as those). I originally thought the guy on the right had a crossbow, but  I don't think so now that I see it in color. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I'd dig the woman as his hench and the two big guys as totems. 

Duuuuuuuude, imagine a pair of beat machine Totems... not a bunch of stolen children, not some coked up waifs, no pair of students in training.  Just 2 beefy, roid raging mountains of meat flanking you wherever you go.

... and your Personal Assistant Henchman, Tracey Buckingham!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1