Bugs, requests & other feedback

AndreyF

On 10/2/2019 at 6:37 PM, Hagisman said:

Which cards?

Also I don't know if this is an answer to your issue, but upgrades are not listed with models. There is a tab selection for model and upgrade cards. Hope that helps.

A lot of them. for example back side of Mechanical Dove. Worst of all I cannot reload them, it just appear blank. It seems it only reloads front, but not back.

23 hours ago, Shadrack said:

Sorry about leveling that off. I am on a Moto 4x (Android) and the version number is 1.0.5. The play store says there is no update atm.

Also found that I get errors for games and crews as well.

Screenshot_20191005-144153.png

Screenshot_20191005-144201.png

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Also what is your display name?

4 hours ago, AndreyF said:

A lot of them. for example back side of Mechanical Dove. Worst of all I cannot reload them, it just appear blank. It seems it only reloads front, but not back.

For cards that appear as a black screen, after refresh doesn't work, I would try reloading the app (fully closing and starting again). That has worked for me in the past. If that doesn't work, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, Shadrack said:

Sorry about leveling that off. I am on a Moto 4x (Android) and the version number is 1.0.5. The play store says there is no update atm.

Also found that I get errors for games and crews as well.

Screenshot_20191005-144153.png

Screenshot_20191005-144201.png

I think I see what happened, your search preferences got saved locally as explicitly null when they ought to be created anew if that happens.

I would take these steps, stopping if any of them work.:

1. Log out of the app, fully close (dismiss, force close, etc). Restart it, log back in.
2. Clear local app data (Android: Settings -> Apps & notifications -> M3E -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage / Clear cache). Restart app.
3. Uninstall & Reinstall.

One of those should work. On my end I'll see if I can add a check protecting against this.

11 hours ago, dzlier said:

For cards that appear as a black screen, after refresh doesn't work, I would try reloading the app (fully closing and starting again). That has worked for me in the past. If that doesn't work, please let me know.

It worked after forced shut down of app. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

It looks like conditions that you put on a model from one game carry over to the next game if you use the same crew. I played a Plant Explosives game a few weeks ago as my first game with the app. Then I played a Reckoning game yesterday with the same crew and noticed that Marcus came in with the Burning+1 and Explosive+0 conditions (from the PE game vs Kaeris). Checking all the models, every model came in with the Conditions from the end of my last game (but not the Mutation Upgrades I put on them or their remaining HP)

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, dzlier said:

I think I see what happened, your search preferences got saved locally as explicitly null when they ought to be created anew if that happens.

I would take these steps, stopping if any of them work.:

1. Log out of the app, fully close (dismiss, force close, etc). Restart it, log back in.
2. Clear local app data (Android: Settings -> Apps & notifications -> M3E -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage / Clear cache). Restart app.
3. Uninstall & Reinstall.

One of those should work. On my end I'll see if I can add a check protecting against this.

I went on and reinstalled the app. So far it is working fine 

Request: Under reference, a section for terrain types would be great for newer players, without opening the rule book each time.  Especially cover and concealment and shadow rules, I know can get mixed up, but having Hazardous, blocking, impassible, etc under one drop down list would be really great for some.  I know when I'm at a table I can ask my opponent or answer if they have a question I know, but when alone or if two newer players are setting up a game it is nice for them to have a quick reference to Forest (blocking, severe, concealing) and to click what those mean if they forget.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

I just tested this myself, it allows me to add Teddies even after the ss pool has been used up too. I'm on Android Build 1.0.5

It's possible I accidentally fixed this in 1.0.6 which is in flight. Try it again when that goes out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, diki said:

When choosing schemes the app allows me to choose an insignifcant model for claim jump.
(Specifically Jackalope)

Which I assume is against the rules as it shoudl be ignored for strategies and schemes!

Not a bug, I don't think. It seems perfectly legal to nominate the Jackalope for the Scheme. That he can't actually accomplish it, makes him a bad choice. No more so than choosing a Field Reporter for Vendetta.

29 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

Just looking at the again seemed to work. I made then well offline if that helps you troubleshoot. Either way keep up the great work.

That just happens with images sometimes, never figured out why. An app restart always seems to fix it.

In Card View, the cross button on the left of the search input field would also reset the sorting to Faction when clearing the search text. Not sure if it is intent, but to me I expect the button clears only the search text.

And I would like to have multiple sorting like sort by Keyword, Station, Cost, Alphabet. Single sorting is annoying me.

Dunno if it's related to the Crew Name bug, but the Notes doesn't appear to be saving most of the time either.

I like Notes for the ability to remind me what kinds of changes I need to make to the crew if certain circumstances happen.

ie, my Youko Puppet Party crew should have "Switch a Bunraku for Tanuki against Condition Crew. Switch Algren for Minako against Constructs."

I've entered it enough times that the autofill does most of the work for me, but it just won't seem to save.

5 hours ago, Rufess said:

In Card View, the cross button on the left of the search input field would also reset the sorting to Faction when clearing the search text. Not sure if it is intent, but to me I expect the button clears only the search text.

And I would like to have multiple sorting like sort by Keyword, Station, Cost, Alphabet. Single sorting is annoying me.

Device and app version? On Android the X button for me just clears the text field.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Dunno if it's related to the Crew Name bug, but the Notes doesn't appear to be saving most of the time either.

I like Notes for the ability to remind me what kinds of changes I need to make to the crew if certain circumstances happen.

ie, my Youko Puppet Party crew should have "Switch a Bunraku for Tanuki against Condition Crew. Switch Algren for Minako against Constructs."

I've entered it enough times that the autofill does most of the work for me, but it just won't seem to save.

Try hitting the "done" or "return" button on your keyboard instead of dismissing it. I'll look into fixing it even if the keyboard is dismissed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dzlier said:

Device and app version? On Android the X button for me just clears the text field.

Device: Razer Phone 1, which is a uncommon phone that run the original Android

Android ver: 9

App ver: 1.0.6

Tested with iPad and the same issue appeared.

Device: iPad Pro 2019

iOS ver: 13.1.2

App ver: 1.0.6

Edited by Rufess

• 3 weeks later...