MrPieChee

Hi all,

New to the game, and interested in some pig shenanigans.

What's the best way to use a Pigapult? Should I start with a full complement of piglets, or summon them as I go. Similar option with stuffed pigs. Should the summoner baby sit the Pigapult, or is that a waste?

Is it worth flinging gremlins? Or tougher models?

What should I protect it with, or is it just enough to use it as a big distraction?

I've got a Pigapult and The Sow, looking at getting the taxidermy box, ulix, piglets and some gremlins. I've got Sammy as well, to run a pure taxidermy crew without keyword tax. (Also getting brin to lead a complement of roosters cause the models are great).

Not a fan of most of the kin models, or Wong, which is why I have two henchmen as alternative leaders. I'll only play small games until I get used to the rules, so it works well there too.

Not looking for tournament level tactics, just entertaining games.

The Sow is just fine to summon amunition for Pigapult, because it doesn't need high card or any special resources. Also you can use Piglets to place scheme-markers: deal 1 damage to Piglet, throw it, fail shockwave, place a scheme-marker instead of corpse.

Stuffed Piglets can deal more damage, but if you want to use them - you have to hire them. The only way to summon them in your deployment is Akaname (to create a corpse)+Taxidermist - 13(14) stones of models doing nothing in your deployment to summon one stuffed piglet per turn.

If you want to blow your enemies up, take Sparks. Throw anything with an Explosive Upgrade, make it die, deal 3 damage to every model within (2). If your opponent is unlucky enough, a single Stuffed Piglet with an Upgrade can deal up to 8 damage.

Also the Pigapult is a great way to teleport sz1 models with Hard Knock Life ability (Burt, Taxidermist, Sammy, Bokor, Lightning Bug). Step 1: deal some damage to your model to make it Fast. Step 2: throw it with Pigapult. Fast is canceled by Slow. Step 3: fail the shockwave, to make the model fast again. Fast beaters, falling from the sky with at least 2 glowy-tokens will be a big surprise for your opponent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scoffer said:

The Sow is just fine to summon amunition for Pigapult, because it doesn't need high card or any special resources. Also you can use Piglets to place scheme-markers: deal 1 damage to Piglet, throw it, fail shockwave, place a scheme-marker instead of corpse.

Stuffed Piglets can deal more damage, but if you want to use them - you have to hire them. The only way to summon them in your deployment is Akaname (to create a corpse)+Taxidermist - 13(14) stones of models doing nothing in your deployment to summon one stuffed piglet per turn.

If you want to blow your enemies up, take Sparks. Throw anything with an Explosive Upgrade, make it die, deal 3 damage to every model within (2). If your opponent is unlucky enough, a single Stuffed Piglet with an Upgrade can deal up to 8 damage.

Also the Pigapult is a great way to teleport sz1 models with Hard Knock Life ability (Burt, Taxidermist, Sammy, Bokor, Lightning Bug). Step 1: deal some damage to your model to make it Fast. Step 2: throw it with Pigapult. Fast is canceled by Slow. Step 3: fail the shockwave, to make the model fast again. Fast beaters, falling from the sky with at least 2 glowy-tokens will be a big surprise for your opponent.

Burt is the model here!

• Do what @Scoffer said.
  • After the possible damage of the shockwave, he needs to survive 1 activation, and he could even put some damage with "It's all in the reflexes". He should have at least 2 Glowys by now, that could help you with that.
  • 1st AP: Move
  • 2nd AP: Drop a scheme marker
  • :ToS-Fast:: Time for a grenade!
  • 3rd AP: Charge someone or shoot them :)

You can even give him inferiority complex, and he would get a free focus :P

• Like 1

One more Pigapult trick with a Bokor (I love those boys!): 

Give Bokor Fast. Activate Bokor. First Bokor's action: Bokor Obeys Pigapult to throw him. Now he is close to enemy lines with two more actions and can obey enemies to charge each other or do other stupid things. He can also shoot enemies himself, but it's boring.

Fun list I remember from Beta

Wong (6ish stones to work with, forgot how much Alphonse costs)

Oliviva Bernard

bokor

pigapult

5x stuffed pigs

Alphonse + 2 gremlins in a ghillie suit

Sparks

general idea is Wong first should be able to easily get everything to glowy 2 (usually use bonux action and 1AP to Fzzzzap! my own models)

bokor heals some of the damage

sparks puts extra explosives on 2 stuffed pigs

Alphonse with upgrade can get to Sz 5 so can toss the pigapult around or anyone that tries to get close to it

tossing the stuffed pigs does

MV 15 or 2 damage 

if the stuffed pig lives can bacon bomb for MV 13 duel or 3 damage injured 1

if the stuffed pig dies MV 14 duel or 2 damage injured 2 (sucks that injured no longer impacts MV duels) 

either way 3 damage from demise (explosive)

This list I find will table unsuspecting players once and then suck as countering the pigapult doesn't tend to be that hard

5 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

if the stuffed pig dies MV 14 duel or 2 damage injured 2 (sucks that injured no longer impacts MV duels

I think that this was specially bad for Wizz-Bang. After the rework for Injured/Distracted, this was never revisited. It became completely situational :\ If at least we could get something from it...

Right now Wizz-Bang struggles with 3 things:

• Glowy tokens in enemy models can be only used by Wong. I had a couple of games where some enemy models ended up with more than 8 glowy tokens, but couldn't do anything with them (one game at the end of the beta against the Viks with one of them with 11 Glowy tokens :\ and Taelor with 8)
  • Decent amount of injury, bot not interaction with it at all.
  • No way to deliver Staggered with tax-free models (I'm working in a list with 2 drunk kun-fu shinobi gremlins)

It's still a funny crew and can be competitive vs crews that need to stick together, but feels incomplete.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you see the Pigapult with Akaname's in a Brewmaster crew a good combo? You can charge them up with poison then drop two right on a strategy marker, or in the face of an opponent (assuming they take poison damage), all in turn one.

If you can get fast on the Pigapult dumping three could be entertaining for the healing between them.

(I have a Pigapult, with Ulix, and Akaname's with TT, wondering if picking up the Brewmaster is a good idea. Trying to pick things up in m2e sales, but might be getting too much too early).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

Do you see the Pigapult with Akaname's in a Brewmaster crew a good combo? You can charge them up with poison then drop two right on a strategy marker, or in the face of an opponent (assuming they take poison damage), all in turn one.

If you can get fast on the Pigapult dumping three could be entertaining for the healing between them.

Tbh that sounds legit amazing for schemes that involves dropping scheme markers (Foul Gift) or just being in a specific spot at the end of a turn. Great idea!

• Haha 1

There are always going to be some bad situations.

If there are models nearby, then handing out slow can limit returned damage

If not, then dropping and eating a corpse/scrap/scheme marker can give you enough poison to be back on full health in the end phase, providing you've taken a max of 3 damage.

Would be useful if you could get a source of shielded in that circumstance, and fast on the pigault to drop three into place.... (OOK Bokor works well, handing out shielded and can use obey to fire the pigapult again [full load doesn't list by name, but by size - does that count for obey?])

• 3 weeks later...

Talking of the pigapult. The load em up action. Do you read that as place model anywhere in 18 inches with or without Los. The way its written suggests so, although that goes against the shochwave generic rule of needing Los. Although technically the schockwave comes from the model placed. 

What's the thought on this? 

Just now, Kiryn said:

Talking of the pigapult. The load em up action. Do you read that as place model anywhere in 18 inches with or without Los. The way its written suggests so, although that goes against the shochwave generic rule of needing Los. Although technically the schockwave comes from the model placed. 

What's the thought on this? 

You put the model, and is the model that generates the shockwave. Anyway, if something in the cards go against the generic rules, the card rule prevails (like for example someone with Frenzied charge).

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 12:06 AM, ShinChan said:

Right now Wizz-Bang struggles with 3 things:

• Glowy tokens in enemy models can be only used by Wong. I had a couple of games where some enemy models ended up with more than 8 glowy tokens, but couldn't do anything with them (one game at the end of the beta against the Viks with one of them with 11 Glowy tokens 😕 and Taelor with 😎
  • Decent amount of injury, bot not interaction with it at all.
  • No way to deliver Staggered with tax-free models (I'm working in a list with 2 drunk kun-fu shinobi gremlins)

It's still a funny crew and can be competitive vs crews that need to stick together, but feels incomplete.

Regarding the Glowy on enemy models, I don't yet see that as an issue. Besides the card draw potential, it means that any model with that much Glowy is one failed Mv duel away from getting utterly murdered. That's going to have a significant effect on your opponents hand management - do they keep some mid to high cards to prevent Wong Fzzzaping their Glowy-stacked Master? Or do they risk the failed duel?

As for Staggered, I'd recommend adding a Slop Hauler. He's got Staggered on a trigger in melee and at least from initial games, works VERY well with Gracie and the Swinecursed. :) The Lucky Emissary has a trigger for Staggered too, and is also the only option we have for applying it at range. Neither model is the consistent source of staggered I imagine you're looking for, but it is some extra synergy from models who should already be pretty good for Wong's crew. 

So back on topic, the Pigapult....I've not yet put one on the table, BUT I have been thinking about what it might add to Wong's crew. One issue I've had playing Wong is in getting models across the table. They're not exactly a static crew, but reliably and efficiently getting a model to the other side of the board for some schemes or strats is not always a simple task. The Pigapult could be a possible answer to this. In turn 1 it flings a couple of models across the board to achieve objectives, then spends the rest of the game either hurling Stuffed Piglets around, or guarding your own deployment zone from enemy scheme runners. It'd be an annoyance for sure, plus as an insignificant model your opponent has little reason to waste AP killing it. For 5+2 SS, that could well be worth it.