Loving life in the Bayou

Flippin' Wyrd George

6 hours ago, HipsterWhale said:

I would always bring one George and also leave it around z to distract people. But you don't need a second. 

My core z is

Z

First mate

2 silurid

Willowisp

The rest is all up to mission. 

Yeah fair play. I think I hired two because, at the end of the day, they are extremely killable. I must admit when I ran them it felt a little overkill.

Meh First Mate and 2 Sils + 1WoW is too much.

Z

1stM8t

Sil

Bad JuJu

Is my core 

First Mate is a expensive Schemerunner + Antischemer

Sil is my Schemerunner 

Rest depends, but most of the time I will end up like this

Zoraida

First Mate

Bad JuJu

-Inhuman Reflexes

Silurid

Bokor

Vasilisa or Spawn Mother

Wicked Doll (if Vasilisa)

Whisp (if Spawnmother)

Well I'm writing for bayou not neverborn. 

And wow is there to stack conditions. First mate is our best beater. I'd only relegate him to scheming after everyone they love is dead 😂

2 silurids let's me score outank, harness, etc etc. They're some of the most efficient packages of models in game 

• Agree 1

@Jafar

wong is a crowd control master who simultaneously can run one of the best scheme based crews in the faction. He is incredibly versatile and his crew can be built to handle a lot of different situations. Need to beat face? swine cursed and Alphonse got you. Need to Drop Shockwaves like their going out of style? Stuffed piglets and pigapults are your friend. Need to run/Deny schemes the humble lightning bugs, Flying piglets  and Sammy have your back. Also wong can do some shenanigans with his launched into space. 

The crew drastically changes depending on the combo of models you hire. Wong himself can either act as a buff node triggering fast and handing. out glowy to get your crew to max efficiency. Or can just start bombarding your opponent with explosions. 

My core for wong is normally-

wong, Olivia, 2 Lightning bugs, Sammy Lacroix, Alphonse, Gracie, 

with alphonse being fairly flexible for other options like swine cursed. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, HipsterWhale said:

Just be really cagey and one will be plenty. 

Have you tried spawn mother? I'm finding her very very strong. 

I tried Spawnmother but didn't find I had the resources to support her, Juju, 1st Mate, Zoraida and the rest of the crew, to the best effect. I'm sure she's good, but it was a little overwhelming trying to learn all the mechanics at once and use them to good effect. Might return to her after a few games.

• Agree 1

I tried Swamp Mother in the beta, I just don't find the Gupp summoning and Egg Markers efficient enough for the resources I put into it. I just went to hiring more Gators instead.

15 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

I tried Swamp Mother in the beta, I just don't find the Gupp summoning and Egg Markers efficient enough for the resources I put into it. I just went to hiring more Gators instead.

what is not efficient about having 3 scheme runners by turn 2? if you pair her with enough card draw (a good thing anyway) you'll have that 6 of rams and you will spend a stone once.

6 minutes ago, longfanz said:

what is not efficient about having 3 scheme runners by turn 2? if you pair her with enough card draw (a good thing anyway) you'll have that 6 of rams and you will spend a stone once.

You don't have 3 scheme runners by turn 2 - they are mindless and can't activate the turn they are summoned. It's more like one model turn 2 and two more turn 3. Not bad, but too late to do anything a couple of silurids have not done yet.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

You don't have 3 scheme runners by turn 2 - they are mindless and can't activate the turn they are summoned. It's more like one model turn 2 and two more turn 3. Not bad, but too late to do anything a couple of silurids have not done yet.

Maybe I'm mistaken but first turn you put the egg, then hatch stoning for the double ram and hatch again. If you pair her with Zoraida or even a bokor (or two, for card draw) you can even have three of them hatched turn 1, active turn two (that would be resource intensive as you will need two stones and three rams > 6). But doing two turn one and 1 turn two will cost you a stone if you have the cards (easy with the bokors or other card draw shenanigans)

I've also been a bit underwhelmed by the Spawn Mother. If you get the ram in hand t1 you'll have 3 Gupps at the end of t2 but I've found them to be sort of lacking. Best use for them is to block charge lanes and place SM in a way that triggers her free charge if they kill them. Sure, they can help you w scheming but at mv4, needing a mask for their leap and dying to a mild sneeze, I wouldn't count on them getting anything done anywhere that's further away than 4" from their spawn point.

The maths here are really 9 SS for the SM + stone for rams t1. Then it costs you an action and a bonus action from an 8 SS model in both of the first 2 turns. The more I play m3e the more I come to the conclusion that projecting influence onto the map as early as possible is a big strength and that leaves little room for early summoning shenanigans unless your crew is specifically tailored to it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, longfanz said:

Maybe I'm mistaken but first turn you put the egg, then hatch stoning for the double ram and hatch again. If you pair her with Zoraida or even a bokor (or two, for card draw) you can even have three of them hatched turn 1, active turn two (that would be resource intensive as you will need two stones and three rams > 6). But doing two turn one and 1 turn two will cost you a stone if you have the cards (easy with the bokors or other card draw shenanigans)

You can't Obey Spawn Mother to summon Gupps, because Obey has "does not list model by name" restriction. The only way to summon three Gupps turn one is to take a Hog Whisperer, but it's 7ss out of keyword.

2 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

You can't Obey Spawn Mother to summon Gupps, because Obey has "does not list model by name" restriction. The only way to summon three Gupps turn one is to take a Hog Whisperer, but it's 7ss out of keyword.

Very true, I missed that. Anyway, 2 gupss running turn 2 the third turn 3 ;) 

So you're spending all of the Spawn Mother's first couple of activations on summoning more Gupps, spending Stones, requiring specific cards.... to summon the three models you could have bought for one stone more than the Spawn Mother cost in the first place and used those 3 activations each turn to actually do something.

That's what's not efficient.

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

So you're spending all of the Spawn Mother's first couple of activations on summoning more Gupps, spending Stones, requiring specific cards.... to summon the three models you could have bought for one stone more than the Spawn Mother cost in the first place and used those 3 activations each turn to actually do something.

That's what's not efficient.

It's just my opinion, I think she is pretty good. Like any other model that summons you spend some activations summoning and then you do something else, that is the thing

56 minutes ago, MrPieChee said:

Do you think the spawn mother can work out of keyword for someone like Ulix? (Where you can have a hog whisperer in keyword). You then get gups and silurids ook...

I've yet to be able to grow a Gupp into a Silurid so I wouldn't count on that part, unless you've figured out a really clever way to go about it. There's the Beast synergy for Ulix and SM but I think he has so many options for summoning and buffing pigs that it would be hard not to spend those 9+ SS and actions better elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Barmution said:

I've yet to be able to grow a Gupp into a Silurid so I wouldn't count on that part, unless you've figured out a really clever way to go about it.

Maybe, if you played Neverborn Zoraida, took Marcus as a secondary Master, then used his Mutation Upgrades to make the Gupps more combat effective, then you could get them to kill something, to then become a Silurid. Then at that point, we're back to an efficiency problem.

If Gupps weren't limited to 3 on the table, I'd say you could do something interesting with them, however that limitation makes them nearly useless. 

What they need is that Meat For The Young trigger that Nephilm have; if the Spawn Mother had that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.