Gen Con Events

mattc

Hey Wyrdos!

Gen Con is on the horizon, and this year we have plenty in store for people to get involved. While Gen Con may be a couple of months away, we wanted to show off what events we had planned so that you all can get the Best Four Days in Gaming planned out to a "T".

If you are interested in spending some time with us and Volunteering for booth credit, go check out our Volunteer thread here.

Tournaments:

Throughout the course of Gen Con, we will be hosting various tournaments for both Malifaux: Third Edition and The Other Side. More detailed information on each event will be made available in the future.

• Malifaux: Third Edition
    • Double Rush Team Tournament (Thursday 9am - 4pm)
      • Work together with your partner in a micro-Crew environment to claim victory as part of this Team Tournament. Each player needs their own 10SS M3E Crew (plus Master and Totem).
    • Henchman Hardcore Tournament (Sunday 9am - 1pm)
      • Test your mettle in this fast-paced, brutal format using update M3E Henchman Hardcore Rules.
    • Tyrant Tournament (Friday 8am - 6pm)
      • Determine the top Tyrant of Malifaux in the first official Malifaux: Third Edition Tournament! This is a 3 Round M3E Tournament with 50SS Crews. 
  • The Other Side
    • Titan Smash! (Friday 10am -12pm) (Sunday 10am -12pm)
      • Bring your Titans to bear in this fast-paced multiplayer format.
    • Midnight Run Tournament (Friday 6:00 pm - Sat 1:00 am)
      • Will you have the strength to go through with this 3 Round, One Commander Tournament?
    • Battle on Four Fronts Team Event (Saturday 3pm- 9pm)
      • This is a 2 Round, 16 player team event. Each player needs their own Two Commander Company, which will be split across two games. 
    • Champions of Earth Tournament (Thursday 10am - 6pm)
      • Bring the full force of your Company for this 3 Round, Two Commander Fields of Glory Tournament. 

Daily Events:

Every day at Gen Con, we are going to be running a few recurring events* so that players can get their "Faux Fix" at their own leisure. *Sunday event schedule may vary.

• Through The Breach (9am - 11am)
    • Crafting a New Characters Fate: 
      • Begin to understand your Destiny and step through the Breach by learning the basics of gameplay and Character Creation in Through the Breach: 2nd Edition. Take these new characters and a new Fate deck to any other Through the Breach event at Gen Con.
    • Adventures (12pm - 3pm) & (4pm - 7pm) 
      • Journey with us through the world of Malifaux in one of our One-Shot Adventures, and take a copy of the Adventure home with you afterward.
  • Malifaux Third Edition
    • Learn to Play (Every Hour 9am - 11pm)
      • Come and learn Malifaux or get a refresher on Third Edition!
  • The Other Side
    • Learn to Play (Every Hour 9am - 11pm)
      • Come and learn to play The Other Side.
  • Darkness Comes Rattling
    • War of the Spirits (6pm - 9pm)
      • Come play the new Expansion for Darkness Comes Rattling, War of the Spirits. Fight back against the Darkness and learn the secrets of the Winds in this cooperative game. Promos are available for all players.
  • Hobby
    • A Dash of Color: Speed Painting Challenge(11am - 1pm) (3pm - 5pm) (7pm - 9pm)
      • Come join Wyrd Games for our take on a speed painting event! All skill levels welcome. In each event, all participants will be provided with the same model (a different model for each event!) and will have to fully paint it within the time allotted. Judges for each event will decide the winner, who will walk away with a special prize! All participants will at least walk away with the model they painted. All models will be pre-built and pre-primed before the show.

We'll see you at Gen Con from August 1-4 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

• Like 1

You do know that we have jack all to do with that correct? You submit the events to Gencon, then they go through their process, and in their own good lovin' time put them up. We've had events posted for them for some time now, but here in the forums you can find what we have submitted, hopefully, that'll help with your decision making while they apparently take a bit more time to do what they need to.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Tournament question: will we be using the correct boards or mats for the tournament? Last year it was a bunch of prebuilt boards with awkward built in terrain on 37x37 boards vs the standard 36x36. I did notice the finals had mats by mars on them so I would assume this tournament would have those too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pergli said:

Tournament question: will we be using the correct boards or mats for the tournament? Last year it was a bunch of prebuilt boards with awkward built in terrain on 37x37 boards vs the standard 36x36. I did notice the finals had mats by mars on them so I would assume this tournament would have those too.

I'm not sure, but some of those boards may date back to 1st edition, and thus have seniority over most players.  😎

• Haha 3

I emailed gencon support directly because I like meddling and this is their response:

Yes, that did it. I see that there are multiple events submitted for Wyrd, they simply need to be processed by our team over here. Sit tight, and you should be seeing those events on the Event Finder (though it may take as long as a few more weeks).

• Thanks 2

What's the difference between the 'Dash of Color' speed painting challenge versus the Wyrd Miniatures Speed Painting Contests? Are they the same models?

I wanted to sign up to paint some Wyrd minis but I have limited time, so I'd like to go to the one with cooler models :)

On 6/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, muraki said:

What's the difference between the 'Dash of Color' speed painting challenge versus the Wyrd Miniatures Speed Painting Contests? Are they the same models?

I wanted to sign up to paint some Wyrd minis but I have limited time, so I'd like to go to the one with cooler models :)

I am curious as well I want to sign us up but really want to paint wyrd stuff and have a chance at wyrd goodies. We missed out on the other contest since it took some time to figure out vacation plans.