Alt Hungering Darkness

dancater

I will admit it looks a bit more terrifying then the original model that is for sure.  That said I am going to stick with the original for two reasons.  First my current one is painted and I went through a lot of effort to with that darn crack from putting it together and the second is because I am guessing this one is  going to stick way off the base and have trouble fitting in buildings.

While I like this one, it really is a drastic change over the old one.  It really reminds me of the GW Chaos Mutilith Vortex Beast.  I'm not saying it's bad because it's not; I just would have preferred something closer to the originals aesthetic but bigger and more impressive!  Would love this to come out in the transparent purple to match y crew though!

Oh yeah, hope that's a skull peeking out of its maw!

13 hours ago, enderwiggin said:

Feeling the Stranger Things vibe for sure, hoping the smooth-looking interior is a face though for that NB twist.

I thought it might be since there's depressions that could be eye sockets but giventheir position I'm thinking it's a beak inside the mouth.

Make the beak into a mask and release it as an alternative emissary. :-P why couldnt we have this instead of the walking tree T_T

Well, anyway, its a nice model, but i like old huggy - maybe because it was my first box. Also, it feels the model's aesthetics.wouldnt fit the crew.as.much. 

2 hours ago, Treehouse said:

Make the beak into a mask and release it as an alternative emissary. :-P why couldnt we have this instead of the walking tree T_T

It's got the same aesthetic problem. It fits with Lynch, the Dreamer and Pandora but would be really out of place with Collodi, Lilith and Zoraida - and Titania but I'm not sure if those masters were considered with the design of the Emissaries.

Like Outcasts the aesthetic differences between crews in Neverborn is huge. So they went with the 'Malifaux defending itself' angle of Neverborn which while not aesthetically similar for many crews it's at least thematically at the core of the faction.

Usually when I see a model I don't like by Wyrd, it takes a little bit and then grows on me... I think this may be one of the exceptions.  The more I look and, the more I think it's too different from the original, which, while not super impressive, had so much potential if they had of kept it's form, just bigger.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, -Loki- said:

I thought it might be since there's depressions that could be eye sockets but giventheir position I'm thinking it's a beak inside the mouth.

It wouldn't be too hard to fill the beak and those shoulder mouths with green stuff and turn them into big creepy eyeballs.  Would make it look kind of Resident Evil-y.