What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

17 hours ago, CiDevant said:

I've I've done 6X Stalkers but yet to play:

Sonnia Criid
10X Witchling Stalkers

To answer the thread title, I'm really looking forward to playing a Lady Justice Bomb next week for the first time in my campaign.  My Gimmick Bucket list: ...Sh 7 Ryle...

Nine stalkers; Disrupt Magic; profit! :lol:

Wait, what, how, what do marshals do?! I've been trying to create that stat boost construct-style for months!

16 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@CiDevant You can only take back i the box once per turn so you would need to...

...out-activate and do it at the bottom of one turn and top of the next. I'd definitely prefer to try it with a fast emissary particularly on the top of the next turn. Adding dual unburial to the list for the Conflux of Makesmefeelallwarmandsquishy tryouts. And one of them should have chain activation capability.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 5:14 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Wait, what, how, what do marshals do?! I've been trying to create that stat boost construct-style for months!

On 2/18/2017 at 3:24 AM, Ludvig said:

@CiDevant I also need o know how you are getting Ryle to Sh 7?!

@Gnomezilla So for dual buries the emissary activates and doesn't bury anything t1. Machine puppet it t1 to do it. Turn 2 machine puppet it to do it before it activates? 

Campaign Ryle.  Sorry.  And I haven't managed it yet either.  I suppose if you want to be a That Guy you could claim that a buried Austringer is a "printed suit".  I'd say that it's definitely not RAW or RAI though.

Any out of activation Back in the Box before it activates the second turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucius + Beckoner + Dashel + 2x Riflemen

The ability of focused riflemen to melt face is well proven but they can have issues getting targets once opponents get wise.  I'm hoping that the new (to me) idea of throwing in a Beckoner with their lovely 18" range, Wk + 4" lure will get the enemy to wander out of combat and into the open nicely for me.  As a bonus I can issue commands via Lucius and do both the luring and the shooting in the same activation if needed before they get to respond.

• Like 2

I've been playing with the emissary in every game for the last month. Loads of fun ideas have been checked off the list.

McMourning severe poison blast? Check. (Not impressive otherwise, sadly. Going to try boxaporting a nurse upfield ((see also: McMourning and excessive nurses)) before I retire it entirely, but I want to bounce around the board with McMourning and co. and the 50mm base literally doesn't fit with that.)

McCabe's extra item? Check. (The Elixir of Life, into Extraction. Six-gunned the unlife out of a Molly cluster, and then regenerated from elixir and Destined. Molly got tunnel vision trying to shift the forever-healing emissary, and let McCabe, Luna, and the performer up the backfield into a Leave Your Mark/Covert Breakthrough pool.)

Hoffman's stompybot delivery system? Check and mate. (Maybe he can't chain activate anything--note to self: test Family delivery system for Companion fun--but there's something to be said for fast+nimble+walking the backfield just a touch further upfield and knowing the other side has one activation only to brace for impact. Quicker than the Yasunori launch. Also: in your face, Rusty Alyce's snares! Walking up and putting her down turn one was delicious.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Gnomezilla The emissary companioning into a Francisco debt flurry in the enemy deployment zone turn one sounds like it should be fun. Do it late turn and they might even survive to do it again next turn. :D

Well, it will be an 8/8 emissary by then. :D

As two of those matchups were Guild vs. Guild, I suppose I have to add my opponent's high point of stacking Burning 9 onto said emissary after getting really rather exasperated at its refusal to die. After it fanned the hammer and shot Samael, and then the stalker, which exploded and finished off the watcher. After using all of Samael's and Sonnia's shots to shoot Howard Langston after he nimble-walked himself into engagement with the handler and two stalkers and let them randomize very poorly indeed. After the turn one rush relieved Sonnia's player of four stones and his entire hand (watching that 13 go into the discard pile was sweet) before Sonnia activated. I felt dirty--and slightly aroused--but dirty nonetheless.

It may well be a lesson for the ages that it was an interact scheme pool (Headhunter etc.) and that all this homicidal glory didn't score a single point for either side. My hunter, performer, and metal gamin, and his (rapidly increasing quantity of) stalkers, were meanwhile scoring points unmolested for a 9-9 tie that, had I not forgotten to pick up a head one turn, should have gone slightly better for myself. But still, sometimes you just have to wash the board in blood.

Sadly, the Perdita player had no points of glory to report. Related: McCabe and a reactivated nimble performer is naughtier than a warden with a glowing saber. She made Nino leap to his death and paralyzed Perdita in the same turn.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 0:33 PM, Ludvig said:

@Gnomezilla The emissary companioning into a Francisco debt flurry in the enemy deployment zone turn one sounds like it should be fun. Do it late turn and they might even survive to do it again next turn. :D

It was turn two, thanks to corner deployment to start with, but it was indeed fun! Sonnia wasn't as thrilled with five hits from the dueling sword (and it wasn't even with Hoffman for min4 on some of them). As before, he took his revenge in giving the emissary overkill amounts of burning from the remaining witch hunters, lighting up the middle of the board like a Rammstein concert, all metal wings and fire. :P Unfortunately for his score, he didn't also burn Francisco to death and so yielded up Frame for Murder points.

I have got to stop testing these things against the resident Guildie when there's plenty of Neverborn and/or Tara (there's four people experimenting with Tara in the past month, out of a pool of maybe ten players!?!) to be guinea pigs. One of the Taras kept stealing the emissary for her own use, six-gun trigger and all. I did warn him...repeatedly...to not do that until I'd had to use my own activation with said emissary. -_-

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 11:45 AM, Jam Warrior said:

Lucius + Beckoner + Dashel + 2x Riflemen

The ability of focused riflemen to melt face is well proven but they can have issues getting targets once opponents get wise.  I'm hoping that the new (to me) idea of throwing in a Beckoner with their lovely 18" range, Wk + 4" lure will get the enemy to wander out of combat and into the open nicely for me.  As a bonus I can issue commands via Lucius and do both the luring and the shooting in the same activation if needed before they get to respond.

Well it wasn't exactly the best test as it was my first time playing Ressers and Nico steam rolled me with endless waves, but I think the Beckoner is too expensive at 7 stones for that role in general use, useful though it was.

I reckon it'd be a great in an Assassinate set up however.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 4:38 PM, Fetid Strumpet said:

McMourning of either stripe. 10 Nurses.

Three nurses was quite annoying enough, even against a Frozen Heart crew I couldn't properly lock down from turn to turn. :DJust being able to medicate and move the threat of medication upfield at the same time was fantastic. They have NOT got the speed for marker schemes but condition schemes are super easy when the enemy is medicated! ;)

Santiago,; despite missing his first shot,  took out the shadow emissary in 3 shots.  He then survived an ototo charge thanks to htk.  

A couple things to try for me:

An old school 2 dms, 2 ws, 2 hunters list for newcius.  

The Santiago trick with nellie placing him forward with hot off the presses

Papa bomb with nellie and hot off the presses. 

Sam hopkins start of turn double pulsing flaming bullets.  Not sure what the rest of the crew should look like for this one yet.  Emissary or killjoy I guess. Killjoy Would be good disincentive to killing sam.

Double focus shot mctavish (thanks s&s)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Sam hopkins start of turn double pulsing flaming bullets.  Not sure what the rest of the crew should look like for this one yet.  Emissary or killjoy I guess. Killjoy Would be good disincentive to killing sam.

Sam Hopkins, Lucius, a surprisingly loyal doppleganger that sets the flaming bullets up three times :) 

44 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Double focus shot mctavish (thanks s&s)

How is that done? Nellie?

45 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Sam Hopkins, Lucius, a surprisingly loyal doppleganger that sets the flaming bullets up three times :) 

How is that done? Nellie?

Nellie and transparency in the crew.  She makes McTav fast, and uses the trigger to drop a scheme marker next to McTav.

Adding to the list, or modifying the Sam double flaming bullets at the start of a turn- having papa next to him to companion follow up with a double explosion.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Nellie and transparency in the crew.  She makes McTav fast, and uses the trigger to drop a scheme marker next to McTav.

Adding to the list, or modifying the Sam double flaming bullets at the start of a turn- having papa next to him to companion follow up with a double explosion.

Cheers. Sam would be screwed though, he has so crappy def that he will have trouble dodging Papa's explosions. Wouldn't mind shooting or chraging with Papa though.

5 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

If you think an exposed Sam is surviving the turn,  Ive got a bridge to sell you.   Honestly,  I hope that they will be 4" apart,  but I'm not depending on that.

I always get Loco's damage and range mixed up, thoigh he blasted within 6". I'd be really interested to know how Loco is supposed to survive the previous turn to get to be within 4" of a bunch of enemies though. Maybe if you bury both him and Sam with emissary sillyness and have them both pop out as late as you can in a turn. Maybe play McMourning and armor them up with nurses and push them. Seems unlikely to succeed against a good opponent.