GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

They can take their time.

I rather want them to take the slow and steady approach and everything will be done with not much hiccups, than them rushing things out of the gate. As JayseN put it, it will be way in advance before the actual release [maybe with some items on par] and thus some days won't matter.

If I wanted it as soon as I hit the purchase button, I should consider a trip over the ponds and get access to GenCon...

Just a quick question about express order two business days to europe. If I take fedexx express will the order be prioritized? I am asking because I go on holliday at 15.08 and I don't want the goods waiting a couple of days somewhere and risk them to be sent back.

6 minutes ago, amanwing said:

Just a quick question about express order two business days to europe. If I take fedexx express will the order be prioritized? I am asking because I go on holliday at 15.08 and I don't want the goods waiting a couple of days somewhere and risk them to be sent back.

Taken from their FAQ from the webstore

I placed my order yesterday and I paid for overnight shipping, why isn't it here yet!?!
Order processing does NOT equate to shipping time. It may take us several days to process your order, and then it will be shipped in the manner you indicated. 

Just now, amanwing said:

Thanks but still not a real answer if the do express orders first.

With them being at GenCon right now and it being 4 AM Indianapolis time, I would not hold my breath for a quick answer, if you want something official from the staff.

I would play it safe in your regards. Do you have someone who can go to the customs for you? Preparing everything (invoice / PayPal note, some Money, a letter giving them Access to your order)? Someone that could check your mail?

2 hours ago, JayseN said:

Fairly sure the Aussie orders all get shipped at same time regardless of order number. As long as I get it I'm happyz

Still going to receive it months before official releases

Not sure about this.  I have done multiple orders a couple of times on the same event and same shipping type out to NSW.

The orders have been spread out and the shipping notifications have occurred on different days and the orders have dutifully arrived on separate days as well.  Could change I suppose, but in my experience Wyrd has sent the early order out first and so forth, except for a memorable multi order where for some reason the middle order of three decided it would hide in the shipping in box for a week.

As for pre-realese, I have never thus far received any model from Wyrd's pre-release sales later then its official release, usually the thing which slows me down is actually assembly, but that is a different story.

3 minutes ago, amanwing said:

I am just asking because last year "black friday sale" I received the items very very quick. I think I might just let them ship the items to another adress.
Better safe than sorry :)

I always get my items shipped to an alternate address where I know someone will be home through the day. Better than it ending up at the post office and needing to queue up to collect it then pay for the privilege.

13 minutes ago, amanwing said:

I am just asking because last year "black friday sale" I received the items very very quick. I think I might just let them ship the items to another adress.

Well, with Black Friday, Wyrd is not at a convention and have to unpack the stuff :). Hope your plastic crack arrives safely!

• Like 2

On 20 de julio de 2016 at 11:34 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

(...) Classic Fate deck is paper based and in a tuck box. Iconic and Twisted is plastic and comes in a magnetized flap/lid deck box much like Bad Ink. (...)

It's says that it's 100% plastic on the store. Is it finally paper or plastic? 

The PDFs of the books almost always come out a few weeks to a month or more after the book is released in stores. Wyrd might be changing that policy so that information isn't official in anyway, but it has always been their goal to give local stores a bit of a leg up in selling their product, so web releases and online stores tend to come out some time after the official release date. 

The War Store lists the Ripples of Fate release date as September 30th. So if they release the PDFs at the same time expect end of September/Early October. If they release later late October through late November would be my best guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amanwing said:

Just to reinforce what Kobayashi stated in his post above, GenCon is a very different beast than Black Friday. GeCon entails the company essentially moving their headquarters/ Operations to Indianapolis for a few days, Black Friday doesn't require this.

3 hours ago, furysblade said:

If I remember correctly from previous years, orders are done in the order they come in and not related to what post service you use.

Historically orders have not often been processed or arrived in the order they were received (the reason I made my previous post).

Every year after GenCon a thread pops up with people reporting receipt of their orders often with their order numbers, and every year there are people who start to worry about their orders because a higher number received their stuff while they have not. This has occurred with posters that placed multiple orders either on the same day (to get multiple limited edition models) or a day or two apart (forgotten items or unexpected financial windfall). While i am sure the desire might be to get orders processed in the order they are received, the reality is that this is often not the most efficient means of fulfilling those orders (particularly true if some items are more popular than others). There are a lot of factors that affect how an order is processed, International shipping introduces its own set of issues to the mix as well.

• Like 1