Malifaux ETC

OldManMyke

Due to the European wide appeal of he UK Nationals this year I've decided to put together a European Team Championship for next year.  So this post is a placeholder for that

rough idea is to hold it in May 2017 somewhere in the UK, mainly to make the organisation easier.  Teams of 5 or 6 dependant on interest and as some communities are smaller a single ringer would be allowed.

as things get nailed down I'll update this post but wanted to plant the seed in your minds

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trikk said:

I agree with Lakshman. 

But in order to make the team thing more interesting I would make it fixed crew or fixed master to have some counter-picking.

I'd vote for not doing fixed crew/master as that removes some of the fun involved with pairings.

I'd like to see something similar to this. We used it at CaptainCon 2015 and an updated variant will be used at BraggingRights 2016 here in the US. US peeps def want to send people over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I'd vote for not doing fixed crew/master as that removes some of the fun involved with pairings.

I'd like to see something similar to this. We used it at CaptainCon 2015 and an updated variant will be used at BraggingRights 2016 here in the US. US peeps def want to send people over.

While this is complicated I agree that something like this will do. I just don`t think going Single Faction without any counterpicking makes sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trikk said:

While this is complicated I agree that something like this will do. I just don`t think going Single Faction without any counterpicking makes sense.

Yeah I hear ya. It gives players ability to play any of their toys but still lets team pairings matter. Also gives a nice little meta game prior to each that gives it a team feel.

Some quick thoughts.  

Teams would probably just be teams, 5 players who want to be a team. Can run a competition within the event for country specific teams

open faction but in any one round you could only have a single player playing any single faction.  So no 5x Neverlose

definately a captain match up system but this would be done faction vs. Faction without knowing the player that is using that faction

5 different scheme pools per round, discovered after the matchups are done but before masters are declared - which should make it a challenge

9 minutes ago, Erorior said:

It sounds awesome, and we are already gathering interested players here in Sweden. :lol:

Is each country limited to a single team? 

Not in the model that i am thinking about, think of it more at an International Team Competition rather than an ETC in the WFB type sense

31 minutes ago, OldManMyke said:

Not in the model that i am thinking about, think of it more at an International Team Competition rather than an ETC in the WFB type sense

Great! Then we won't have to construct any system to determine who can go or not. :)