Painters Challenge 2016 - APRIL

Vaiuri

So I got Nix (8ss) 3 Malifaux Rats (2ss x 3= 6ss), and one The Stolen (2ss). That put me at 16ss which is just bare minimum. I plan to have more done next month. Next up is to post pics of the what to paint next month. URL]URL]

See, nothing. Here is the link at least. 

{option}http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t374/Witchslayer/Painters%20Challenge%202016/P3250030_zps2dhycikh.jpg[/IMG]

My March entry:  the rogue necromancy at 10 SS.  Please don't look at the feathers.  The two in the background were already started (barely) and so they came along for the ride unofficially. 

March2016_rogue_necro.jpg

Two painting workshops this weekend at Adepticon, so it should be a great April for painting with some new knowledge. 

LordZombie it does the broken link if you paste the url straight into the post. Instead try clicking on "Insert other media" (near where it says "Click to choose files"). Then you say "Insert image from URL". It should work properly then.

I'll go back and change my earlier post now!

I would like to add an Oiran to my pledge this month. Got some work done on Toshiro lately and I am rather happy with it, perhaps a finished picture to follow in the near future. I have mixed opinions of him on the board (although I have yet to use him, even) but I don't think it can be argued how much fun that sculpt is to paint.

On 4/2/2016 at 7:39 AM, jen_tr said:

LordZombie it does the broken link if you paste the url straight into the post. Instead try clicking on "Insert other media" (near where it says "Click to choose files"). Then you say "Insert image from URL". It should work properly then.

I'll go back and change my earlier post now!

That is what I am using. This is what shows up when I do that. 

URL]

Hi easily_mused, this is a motivational thread that started last month, 'rules' can be found here:

The basic idea is you pledge to a certain level of painting every month for a year and we track how well we're all doing and give each other advise and motivation along the way :)  If you want to join in, drop me a pm with the level you'd like to pledge at and I'll add you to the tracker.  There are no prizes, the only way to 'win' is to complete what you sign up for!  Judging from the amount people did last month, I'd say aim high!

@TedThunders - Toshiro looks closest to completion and I really like the blue robe and sickly skin tone, great work there. Ama's red skin looks amazing too.

@Franchute - wonderful highlights on the pants,  they look absolutely amazing. Skin looks great too and his hair color will add a nice element of contrast. Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more.

My pledge for April is complete now that Mr Graves is finished. 

mrgravesapril2016_zpsvdq0wpma.jpg

As usual, more pictures can be found on my blog. I've also started working on three more miniatures that I may even manage to finish before the end of April.

wip_april2016_zpskzkldkh2.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Viruk said:

@Franchute - wonderful highlights on the pants,  they look absolutely amazing. Skin looks great too and his hair color will add a nice element of contrast. Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more.

What you see on the trousers is only the reflection of the light... :( I've only worked on the head so far: the rest of the miniature only has the base color, no highlight.

I love your Mr Graves. Is he the second one you paint? I'm asking because of your avatar picture.