are we near to all models being available?

scottb

I get twitchy whenever we get near the end of a gaming system's current range of models, as it usually means a version update is near, involving more cost, change, etc. How much are we still waiting for gremlins or malifaux in general? Do we still have a while left or are we likely to see change in the next year?

They can always print book 4, 5 and so on and introduce new Masters and Models and increase the range.

For reference see Privateer Press' Warmachine / Hordes where MKII is still being live and they just add to the game. Also notice they (Wyrd) are recently started translating rules and statcards and more languages are getting added... you won't do that, if you are trashing that :D

Just now, Absolution Black said:

It would be uneconomical and unfeasible I'm guessing to do 39(?) new Avatar models.

It has been knowledge for a while but if you are relatively new to the forums you probably have missed it. 

Sure, I can understand the reasoning, especially if it's a model for campaign play ... and yes, I'm relatively new ... Though I heard rumors about that, but with a staff saying how things are, all delusions are getting squashed. Though (currently) not interested in campaign, I would sometimes buy up models for display...

• Like 1

I have a spreadsheet keeping track of what models with rules have been released.  I consider all the Black Friday models as being released.  My list also included book 3.  This could be wrong but:

Guild 41 out of 50 models with rules.

Resurectionists: 43 out of 51 models with rules.

Arcanists: 48 out of 57 models with rules.

Neverborn: 44 out of 51 models with rules.

Outcast: 50 out of 54 models with rules.  After Ashes and Dust is dropped in February then Outcast will have all wave one and wave two models.

Gremlins: 37 out of 49 models with rules.

Ten Thunders: 41 out of 48 models with rules.

Edited by farabaugh100
Fixed the guild number form 37 to 41
  • Like 3

Depending on who you want, or where you are based, there are a few metal Avatars for the original masters out there (ebay, online stores etc).  And you can always put a post up in the trading thread for particular wants.  But if the master wasn't in book 1 or 2 of 1st edition, I don't think there were any Avatars made for them... I may be wrong.

Failing that, you can always scratchbuild one or convert from other models?

There's still a bunch of book 2 models to be released. Very few book 3 models have been released. Book 4 is still waiting to come out. There's lots to release for malifaux before a new edition and there's more models to release each year (so far).

With new translations coming out of the M2E core rules, I assume Wyrd is pretty happy to sit on the rules for a while longer. The only core rule I've heard that Justin wasn't really happy with was the effect of tall buildings/vantage points on the game. So even if Wyrd wanted to fix things, it's pretty easy to errata that section rather than release new rules. 

The system is also set up for easy patches to shake up the game - new upgrades to change a master's playstyle or boost an underpowered model. Lots of life left in the system.

As to avatars - they're a minimal part of the campaign system (in the limited circumstance of campaign play, they can only be used in limited circumstances). There's no chance wyrd was going to make a large model for each one. 

20 hours ago, farabaugh100 said:

I have a spreadsheet keeping track of what models with rules have been released.  I consider all the Black Friday models as being released.  My list also included book 3.  This could be wrong but:

Guild 41 out of 50 models with rules.

Resurectionists: 43 out of 51 models with rules.

Arcanists: 48 out of 57 models with rules.

Neverborn: 44 out of 51 models with rules.

Outcast: 50 out of 54 models with rules.  After Ashes and Dust is dropped in February then Outcast will have all wave one and wave two models.

Ten Thunders: 41 out of 48 models with rules.

Great list!

It's never really a good thing when all of the models are released. Wyrd always has to keep the cycle going a bit to keep us interested in new releases and new models. 

20 hours ago, farabaugh100 said:

VOTE FOR ROOSTER RIDERS AND STUFFED PIGLETS, NAAAOH!