Your three Malifaux related wishes

Phinn

If you had three Malifaux related wishes, what would they be? Or one, or four, it doesn't matter.

Would you wish for a new master? Just imagine Resurrectionists/Gremlins one. Or Neverborn/Outcasts.

A new model for your favorite crew? One with the Last Blossom Characteristic? Beast, Puppet, Spirit, Foundry, Guardsman... What would the model be like?

Your favorite master gets a Nightmare Edition Box Set, particular model becomes a Miss model, Carver is now regular Henchman or Enforcer, a model that is not out yet comes out in plastic tomorrow... You name it.

Mine are... Mysterious Emissary's artwork - I wish that those two creatures were alternative models for Changelings. Ones that you can normally buy - I can't afford to sell yet another kidney.

AND that those carnivorous plants were an actual model - slow moving, hard hitting Swampfiends with some fun tricks or synergy with other Swampfiends. Maybe they could burry for 2 AP and at the end of the turn unburry in contact with Severe terrain that is within 12". They could be venomous or spit acid that lowers Amor by -1.

So, those are two big ones and now a small one. I would like to see renders of remaining Swampfiend models - Spawn Mother and Gupps, and McTavish and Bayou Gators.

• Like 1

1. Figuring out what master I want to play. (I have several me1 and me2 boxes lying around but... I hate how indecisive I am.)
2. Alternate shirtless Von Schill / Emissary as a butler carrying a stack of shirts
3. A construct master; more specifically an actual construct as a master. Probably outcasts. (Lazarus is an enforcer isn't he?)

• Like 1

1. I'd like a June Carter minion model to compliment Sue. Oriented around more support and movement abilities that were also influenced by their songs.

Abilities - 

"Jackson" - This model gains Disguised if activates within 4" of Sue, Sue gains Reckless if it activates within 4" of this model.

Companion or Accomplice

"Cry! Cry! Cry!"- :crow "Def/Wp" trigger: On success attacking model gains :-fate Def/Wp until start of this models next activation.

Attack Actions -

(1) "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" (Ca Rst:WP Rng:8) Target suffers :-fate on Attack Flips until end of turn.

:ram:"You're in the Jailhouse Now": Target also gains Slow.

(1) "Daddy Sang Bass" (Ca Rst:Def Rng:10) Target suffers 1/2/2:blast

Tactical Actions-

(2) "Ghost Riders in the Sky" (Ca: Rng:6:pulse) Friendly Models gain "Incorporeal" until end of turn

(0) "Understand Your Man": Sue model within 3:aura gains :tome to Ca or :ram to Sh until end of turn.

Edited by gonzo917
  • Like 4

1: More upgrades.

2: An awesome Guardsman Minion and a Lucius buff.

3: Make the Executioner an 8 SS Guild Marshal Minion instead (plays into 2.).

Special wish: Not to be forced to make a Facebook account (which I despise) to keep a friendly, meaningless conversation with my Malifaux buddies.

• Like 8

1: More upgrades.

2: An awesome Guardsman Minion and a Lucius buff.

3: Make the Executioner an 8 SS Guild Marshal Minion instead (plays into 2.).

Special wish: Not to be forced to make a Facebook account (which I despise) to keep a friendly, meaningless conversation with my Malifaux buddies.

I sign all of these. 

• Like 1

3. To have a player base in Kyoto! 

僕は京都に住んでれば、他の欲求がない (^-^)

You should definitely move to Kyoto and play Malifaux with me!

1) Some duel faction Arcanist/Neverborn option.

2) To own every Wyrd miniature

3) To have the skill to paint said miniatures 

I'll take 2 & 3 too!

• Like 1

I have one more wish, probably not the last one, and that is:

The Nest - Story Encounter

Box Contents:

• Spawn Mother model with a base insert
  • 5 different models of Gupps, each Gupp model is present twice - You can combine them on 3 40mm bases in any manner you wish and put the remaining one on Spawn Mother's base.

• Like 4

I wish M2,5E which will:

1) Add new models or upgrades which will use previously unused details, such as characteristics (Academic, Oni) or suits (Pandora's Wp :mask  without trigger);

2) Correct all ucertain or arguable moments in the rules (there was a big topic with a lot of examples of them, sadly I lost it and can't find again);

3) Hold some more Encouters for playing two Masters at the same time;

And the special wish - deacrease the power of Rasputina and the Frozen Heart models :P

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 1

1) Remove the Vantage rules/make Malifaux a 2D game. No flying onto buildings, no falling. Malifaux plays much cleaner without these difficult interactions

2) More Belles for sure! Love a Strong-arm belle, or Seamus to be able to summon living showgirls  (not performers but maybe some girl who is hopeless in love/obsessed with Seamus)

3) I second the June Carter idea, great work gonzo917

• Like 1

1. Clearer rules involving most things to do with elevation. Keep it 3D though, 3D boards look great and are fantastic for inspiration and imagination.

2. A Ten Thunder-only Black Sheep option or two.

3. A pull back from any more new model entries for a while; more upgrade options instead. These would also not be making moves to cover general perceived Faction weaknesses.

2) more rules on interacting with terrain (ex jumping over gaps or more clear rules on numerous levels)

1: To add to this: Fraction Specific Terrain with "cool" interactions.

2: Okay, this could be controversial, but I would wish to have all "avantar" models in plastic. These models got me pulled into Malifaux and even if they don't get onto the table that often, they are just cool to have. I would be totally happy with 2-3 avantars released every year, so no expectation to rush them. In the first year I would be delighted to see the avantars for Lady J, Pandora, Ramos :-)

3: more Story encounters: ideally incorporating  "cool" terrain and avantars :-)

• Like 1

I'd like to see more models released just for the sake of being models. To paint, proxy, enjoy. Wyrd started out as a model company and i know they've done stuff like Carver, War Wabbit etc, but i'd certainly be interested in just models to paint. They can have fluff etc? Maybe even based around a story encounter.

That aside, i'm not worried about more models to game with. The system has a lot already. I'd like to see more upgrades which was, i believe, one of the points of doing them in the first place when M2E came out.