Whats your favorite masters theme song..

Big_D

Your master stands behind the curtain, ready to do battle, one on one with his nemesis. As the curtain parts, the music starts playing.... but what music is it? What is your masters iconic theme song?

For me, I only have 2 masters at the moment Lynch and Dreamer. There is only one song that can truely do justice to Lynch: Motorheads "Ace of Spades".  For Dreamer I chose Aerosmiths "Dream On"

So what does your master rock to?

• Like 2

More and More lately i can't help but think of Welcome to my Nightmare...the whole album, not just the song, for Dreamer. The level of creepiness is far superior than Dream On....which in itself is an ace tune, just not in keeping with Dreamer....who i'm convinced is called Steven.

Daniel Landa, czech musician, wrote a musical called Ratcatcher and this is the song that always comes to my mind when someone mentions Hamelin:

The Killing of Rats

The other day, someone mentioned Hamelin here on the forum. An hour later I was cycling to the library to borrow a copy of The Pied Piper, whistling this cheerful tune all along.

Hamelin was actually one of the masters I was choosing from (McMourning, The Dreamer and Brewmaster being the other ones), when I started to play Malifaux. But since he didn't have M2E Box Set yet, I had to cross him out and went with Ophelia (and Zoraida later). That Stolen young lady munching a rat :D

• Like 1

Perdita is "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone for me.

I don't care which song from that movie. Morricone it is.

Although when we are discussing bad ass intros for Western characters, I have to expose you all to this scene from the most successful German comedy of all time:

• Like 2

My search-fu is weak, but there was a Marcus video of a guy playing Marcus in 1st ed at a tourney using felt........set to the song "You're the best". That was back when Marcus was a pretty poor master and I loved him back then. So I can never think of anything else when I think of music related to Marcus. (really wish I could find that video)

Totally agree on 'Dita going Ennio.

• Like 3

My search-fu is weak, but there was a Marcus video of a guy playing Marcus in 1st ed at a tourney using felt........set to the song "You're the best". That was back when Marcus was a pretty poor master and I loved him back then. So I can never think of anything else when I think of music related to Marcus. (really wish I could find that video)

Totally agree on 'Dita going Ennio.

I loved that video! Can't find it either....

• Like 1

Lilith, "Black Widow" by In this Moment.

Really the song fits for several female masters, but my ability to win with Lilith reached a new level when I read a comment about playing her like a spider in the middle of a web. I took that to heart and started doing much better with her. A more literal interpretation of the lyrics really ends up screaming Colette though. If you want to give Black Widow to Colette, then "Sex Metal Barbie" also by In this Moment works for Lilith :P

Really, In This Moment has a lot of tracks that fit the "kick posterior female Malifaux master" theme songs.

• Like 1

I disagree with most I've seen so far...

You guys are too oldschool for me - Morricone ain't fight music!

Perdita would be Survivial on the Streets of Insincerity - Yasushi Ishii

Levy = Coffin Game - 7th Guest Soundtrack

Viks = Tokuvabohu (MS-20 mix) - KMFDM

Wong = Axel F - Crazy Frog

Justice = Club Foot - Kasabian

Ironsides = Rabblerouser - MDFMK

Kaeris = Firestarter - The Prodigy

Mr. Cooper = Prince of Darkness - Alice Cooper

I'll think of more at work tomorrow. :)

Seems most of us have some masters in common heh,

Perdita

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company (cover)  https://youtu.be/QAl9kZCwOPE

Lucius

A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep  https://youtu.be/7ejsM0VF-Os

Lynch

Also Five Finger Death Punch - House of the Rising Sun (cover)  https://youtu.be/dfsvWBa32tY

Pandora

Emily Browning - Sweet Dreams (cover for Sucker Punch)  https://youtu.be/lDPn4d651zM

• Like 3