Experienced Mah Tucket Player

Khyodee

Dunno, Ml 8 and min damage 3 with a (1) action charge can generate 4 attacks for min damage of 12 not including triggers.

Sure, but which Master dies to that? Sonnia maybe. And you need to be within Cg distance (meaning that you need to win Initiative with a high Rams and you need an eight of Rams/Tomes for the Cripple 'Em). I really don't think that "she is a downtown assassin".

Sure, but which Master dies to that? Sonnia maybe. And you need to be within Cg distance (meaning that you need to win Initiative with a high Rams and you need an eight of Rams/Tomes for the Cripple 'Em). I really don't think that "she is a downtown assassin".

Lynch, Victoria, come to mind which go down easy. Others I'm struggling to see with SS use and all.

Lynch, Victoria, come to mind which go down easy. Others I'm struggling to see with SS use and all.

I was browsing through Crossroads again the other day and I noticed that an awful lot of the masters in that book are on the low-end of health.  A number of them only have 10 health, which I thought was rather low.  Now, I think most of the lower health masters have a good number of defensive tricks to mitigate damage.  But my point is that there are more potentially vulnerable masters in the book than I originally thought.  I don't know what that does for Mah's potential, but it is worth considering.

Personally, after reading her rules I am not sure what her exact focus is other than being the melee beatstick master for the faction, but she did not stand out to me as being bad either.  I do think her theme of the strict disciplinary mom beating whipper-snappers with a wooden spoon is rather fun.  I think we will see the overall opinion of her improve once her crew box releases and more people start to play her.

I've played a fair amount of Mah Tucket over the course of testing out various things for her, and she does sort of grow on you. She's pretty solid in melee, but she also has a sort of stupid number of push effects you can use to get her crew across the board and into position very quickly. Between Get Off My Land, Hollerin', and Let Mah Handle This, she can move not just herself, but a fair amount of her crew up much faster than other masters...and because she's a melee lady, she's just fine with being on the front lines.

Mah also has at least one really awesome upgrade. Know the Terrain gives her Diving Charge, which - if you've ever played with or against Von Schill or Misaki - can be downright amazing for crossing the board, assassinating key units, and generally annoying your opponents. Plus, unlike a lot of other Melee masters, she has access to Dirty Cheater, which does a good job of keeping her up, and she can become Disguised as well.

The big downside to her crew? She's one of the more card-intensive masters out there. Mah and her crew eat through cards very quickly, but if you can keep them fed, she's a pretty solid Gremlin master.

• Like 1

What's so magical about it? A serious question, mind.

Sure!

From my experience, a stat of seven in anything is truly decent. They are quite rare and most factions have a healthy sprinkle of that stat in key, often aggressive stats. Normally you'll see it on Masters, but even the odd Enforcer or Henchmen.

Perhaps due to our slightly over the top damage potential, we don't have many sevens in aggressive stats. Even our elites in that field (Ophelia, Francois, burt etc) tend to cap out at six. This is fine for dealing with most stuff, but often not good enough to pip really killer miniatures.

I do not pretend beeing a top level player, but I've tested a few time Mah AND her crew and my feelings are quite positive :lol:  ....and I feel a bit sad to see so much player disliking her.

-First of all, as it has been said previously, she is a "card eater" Master, so beware ennemy models with abilities that kills you when you hand is empty by example, but outactivating the ennemy crew when Gremlin isn't that hard I think.

-Secondly she has, with the good upgrades, a really good movement: pushes;diving charge; ability to mixt a melee boost+a charge for 1AP (ok it cost a bit, but place it the good way and you may see some miracles).

-Don't forget that she works really good with the rest of her crew wich provides many pushes here and there. By this way your battle field become a real billard table....which can provides a lot of fun in your gameplay  <_<......less in you opponent's brain  :D

I think the biggest issue with Mah is that of the unreleased Masters, she's arguably the toughest to find a decent proxy for. Between that and a stat card that isn't as obviously powerful as some of the other Gremlin Masters, I'm not surprised almost nobody's playing her. :)

In any case, I'm definitely hoping her box becomes available soon!

• Like 1

I think the biggest issue with Mah is that of the unreleased Masters, she's arguably the toughest to find a decent proxy for.

Mah:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/298

Lil Lass:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/539

I think that those are pretty spot on (in that if you put them on the table, your opponent's first guess should be Mah and Lil Lass).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Played her again in Headhunter today and she did very well. As killy as Ophelia when you get the free charge in, very hard to put down and quite able to get into hard to reach bits of the board. Mah will eat up cards though, so she might be a good candidate for Dirty Cheater - might be worth dropping the apron for it?

That sounds scary.

Lots of things in this game are as killy as Ophelia but few are as killy from range, which is the big thing with Ophelia. Especially as she seldom even has to randomize into melee. I mean, Lady Justice is as killy as Ophelia but doesn't have the range which sorta delegates her into the bottom of the totem pole while she is at the top.