Webstore is open for Gencon

I'd say that's pretty unlikely. The box on the store that had to be ticked said shipping won't begin until the 20th, and it'll potentially take a while to get through the orders before yours. Then add a few more days for fedex (up to 5 I think)...

If it's in the post system by the end of next week it'll be doing well.

I mean, I'm in the 2 day delivery zone from wyrd's warehouse for Ground shipments and placed my order just after the store opened, so if they manage to pick and pack my order by next Thursday it's possible to see it by Saturday. Not likely of course, but a man can dream.

I don't really expect to see anything for at least two weeks though, and last year my order took a month.

My advice is to suppress any memory of your order, or the Gencon sale in general. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised by the wonderful things showing up at your doorstep. The other way lies madness... and constantly refreshing your email account.

• Like 1

I was actually really happy that Wyrd had the checkbox this year that you had to click acknowledging "we're not shipping your crap till after GenCon and order time doesn't equal processing order so don't whine on the forums about your toys".  That last part was my interpretation.  :D But hopefully it'll forestall at least some of the frenzied posts next week from people already asking "where's my stuff?!".

• Like 1

Actually the tick box frustrated me a bit as it didn't work until it was ticked but didn't stop me pressing the Submit Order button (like accepting the T's&C's) and it also didn't highlight it to say I'd missed it.

Thus I got a second pop up box regarding the order not shipping until later but nothing else happened. I was on my third device before I noticed it, ticked it and my order processed.

So all sorted now and I will be not working about it until it turns up here in the UK.  Think this is my third year ordering so I have a reasonalbe idea of how long it will take.

I suppose it was a good idea to stay up late a little bit to "check" if the store would open.  #19513.

For me the long wait is over, i was anxious to place the order asap to avoid BO items (the strat and scheme decks are actually the things that will see the most use for our games) but now that the order is processed, i chill waiting for the goodies.

Good luck with your orders.

Just ordered. At work, of course... hehe... #20209

I suppose the Strat and Scheme cards were already out of stock, since they didn't even appear in my choices in the Cards section. No worries. Still got LOTS of good stuff!! And I picked up the Ophelia box, since I am currently painting up my Latigo Posse, and they are like "Latigo Gremlins"... hehe! Then, of course, I had to pick up the Warpig... And the Primordial Ooze for my Pandora Crew... and the Doppelganger... And the Wave 2 Arsenals for Neverborn, Guild, and Gremlins... all so shiny...

And now I need a bank loan to cover my purchase... Sigh.

Ratty - sorry to bother again!  Is Hans Gencon or August too?  Know from you're comment on a Wyrd Place that Bete Noir/Executioners etc. have just been added because they're available but Hans was on the announcement so does that mean still for August or not until at least October for him now like The Kin?  Thanks for confirmation, will put my order in as soon as I know for sure!

There are more on a ship at the moment, Some were air lifted in specially for Gen Con.

Then I shall keep referencing photocopies of the book until they appear locally - thanks for making them not limited like some companies do with their reference cards.

---

I still can't decide what the hell I want from the GenCon stuff >_>

I sort of wish I knew when some other kits were coming out and when the general release for these things were.  Like, with the Dreamer, I sort of want to know when we're getting plastic Stitched and the Twins...and probably more Alps.  Do we need more Alps? Probably more Alps.  That's probably a good sign to wait on him, even though I want me some LCB...but he'll show up at the LGS eventually.  I just can't decide if there's enough to make him effective with the current crop of plastics.

I'm also fence-sitting on the Whiskey Golem.  I like Brewie (and assume he'll be out before year's end), but I'd probably end up running him as TT only due to the rest of the gremlins being dreadfully boring to me (outside of maybe Mah Tuckett and Zoraida...simply because Zoraida is dual faction).  Damn Wyrd, why couldn't you have just done a Nightmare Leveticus set so I could have bought without having to think XD

• Like 1

I mean, I'm in the 2 day delivery zone from wyrd's warehouse for Ground shipments and placed my order just after the store opened, so if they manage to pick and pack my order by next Thursday it's possible to see it by Saturday. Not likely of course, but a man can dream.

I don't really expect to see anything for at least two weeks though, and last year my order took a month.

I haven't purchased yet in large part because I find the though of paying for 2-day shipping with fedex (about $20) but likely having to wait a week or two before the package ships strikes me as offensive.  Add in the fact that USPS medium flat rate (which should take about  3 days) is only $12.35 and I am just disgusted.

If I have to wait  a week or two for my package to ship, offer me regular priority mail for less than $10--I won't notice the extra day or two and it makes the cost of shipping less painful.

If you are going to make me pay for 2-day shipping you damn well better promise to ship no later than August 22, otherwise what is the point?

Uk shipping for what I ordered wasn't horrendous ($10 for two fate decks and an electric creation), although I nearly grabbed Hannah, Von Schill and some Sylurids and even then $30 for fed ex to the UK seemed more than reasonable. But as I'm new to the game I didn't want to splurge like mad.

If Scheme decks are added back before my order ships, can I add it on or will that be problematic?

Ding!  Took 4 tries for the order to be processed.  Not sure what happened there.  Hopefully this doesn't result in me having placed 4 orders (though 4 Miss Eries... mmm).  Only one confirmation number so I think I'm okay:  20365.

The advice to forget your order is sound.  I have thrown my money at them and will now pretend it never happened until I get a surprise package of shiny new toys sometime in the future.

Excited!