Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

When will we find out about the 'Miss' model?  Friends and I are planning on a joint order but what this is could affect it.  Does anybody know if Wyrd will change the one per $100+ order policy on web orders as seems that people who attend the con get to have one for each $100 they spend and would be nice if web orders could get the same.

This gets asked every year. The answer has always been no.

Expected a no on the one per $100 rather than one per order.  It's a shame, really like that they make the Gencon stuff available online but restricting the Miss miniature sucks for people wanting to order together (mainly because of the charge that the postal service in the UK charge just for the 'privilege' of going to pay our duty which means going in together is much easier/cheaper!).

If you're going to Gencon, in the past (that may have changed), they always let you split your orders up into 100$. Now its probably is a good idea to do that before you get to the counter so people behind you don't get pissed, but generally the Wyrd staff working are super helpful and will also make sure you get it all broken up into 100$ increments.

If you're ordering online, just break up your order into $100 increments (but that will mean more shipping). I guess thats the beauty of attending Gencon!!!!

The cut off for import duty is now £15.  My mate got charged £9 duty on something that cost him £15.17 (£8 of that duty was the fee).  Customs is often hit and miss, and it depends on how it is declared (I know that CMON often declare everything as $10 hobby supplies for example), but I'd still like it if they could include one per $100 to make it easier to decide who gets a Miss for people ordering jointly (which saves on postage as well as the customs).  I realise it's unlikely to happen, but no harm in wishing!

Yes, every year we have asked, and, yes, every year they tell us "no". Maybe this year we can start a petition or poll or something for Wyrd to see just how much of a demand there really is for a change in policy.

So far, the only winner is FedEx, as they get moar shipping money. Wyrd has to take the time to process, package, and ship multiple orders. Customers have to pay FedEx multiple times. International customers may even have to pay multiple customs fees. If we could save money on shipping, we could spend more money on actual product, which benefits Wyrd directly. With all of the changes Wyrd has gone through, for good or ill, can a Miss per $100 spent before shipping be considered, please?

• Like 3

Yes, every year we have asked, and, yes, every year they tell us "no". Maybe this year we can start a petition or poll or something for Wyrd to see just how much of a demand there really is for a change in policy.

So far, the only winner is FedEx, as they get moar shipping money. Wyrd has to take the time to process, package, and ship multiple orders. Customers have to pay FedEx multiple times. International customers may even have to pay multiple customs fees. If we could save money on shipping, we could spend more money on actual product, which benefits Wyrd directly. With all of the changes Wyrd has gone through, for good or ill, can a Miss per $100 spent before shipping be considered, please?

Gotta agree here. Unless I am missing something, it would seem to be much easier for everyone (Wyrd included) to go: "well he made a $300 gencon order, throw 3 Miss in his box before you ship it". I weep for our European and Australian brothers.

• Like 1

Gotta agree here. Unless I am missing something, it would seem to be much easier for everyone (Wyrd included) to go: "well he made a $300 gencon order, throw 3 Miss in his box before you ship it". I weep for our European and Australian brothers.

You can still weep even if Wyrd do what you suggest since the 20-25% VAT is a drag. But not everyone has a fixed fee on top of their VAT so for example for us Finns it makes no difference. We pay 24% no matter what.

You can still weep even if Wyrd do what you suggest since the 20-25% VAT is a drag. But not everyone has a fixed fee on top of their VAT so for example for us Finns it makes no difference. We pay 24% no matter what.

Yes, but it would be a much better scenario for those paying a fee. Taxes suck and are unavoidable, but shipping costs themselves could be reduced (again, unless I am completely missing something about Wyrd and how they go about shipping). I imagine this might even make some instances of shipping within the states cheaper as fees are usually calculated at a flat rate, or at a combination of box plus weight. In my $300 scenario, the weight would be constant, but sending via 1 box might end up being cheaper than via 3.

But yes, I weep for all those under a VAT and hope I never have to live under one (losing over 15% of my pay before I even see it hurts bad enough).

• Like 1

But yes, I weep for all those under a VAT and hope I never have to live under one (losing over 15% of my pay before I even see it hurts bad enough).

I want to live where you live!

Totally agree on wishing there could be a change of policy (how would we start a poll, can we do that on the forum).  Completely valid points about it's just the shipping companies benefiting.  It would be far easier for Wyrd to just have to pack single orders for people (I can't imagine how many multiple orders shipping to the same addresses they have to pack after Gencon) which would streamline the process and make getting them all packed a little quicker.  For those of us who live in places like the UK where we have to pay a handling fee on top of the VAT it's a real pain having to do multiple orders.  And if we have less handling fees and postage to pay then that is totally more money going to Wyrd as mentioned.  Come on Wyrd, give us a change in policy.  Pllleeeeaaaassseeee :D

• Like 1