July Releases

Dirial

So, as everyone received the newsletter?

Executioner

Great, and I just bought a metal one.

Canine Remains

Molemen

Gremlins

Guild Guard

Really surprised by these. I thought that art would be Pistoleros (and the models look like them). So, what I thought was a Guard in the Rulebook now seems to be a Pistolero?

Bete

Desperate Mercs

I like those!

Hans

The Molemen look pretty great.  And that second Executioner is just wonderful.  

I'm really looking forward to Bete Noire, ever since I saw her picture on the cover of the Christmas issue of Chronicles back when. 

EDIT:  And thread title changed to the proper month.  :)

• Like 1

The Guard are interesting, when I saw the picture in the rulebook I assumed he was a Guardsman (the guy with crossed sword and pistol outstreched in front of him), maybe he's a Sergeant or an Austringer?

In the new Chronicles 12, there is a guy with the same uniform as the guy in the book and two guns. He's in the article about Pistoleros. I assumed those were Guards, but now they could be Pistoleros.

Well balls.... looks like I'm going to be broke when this lot comes out. On top of Johana who I'm still desperate to get my hands on as well as the plastic Convict Gunslingers Gunslingers I'm kinda going to have to buy the Executioners, Canine Remains, Guild Guard and probably Desperate Mercs as well.... Why Wyrd WHY?!

Looks like I can get rid of my horrible Alt. Metal Executioner as well... damn what an obnoxious model he is. Put him together like 3 times, fell apart 3 times. Plastics HOOOO!!!!

I like most of those models but the canine remains ... hmm ...
I realy loved the old ones, the had character. I was hoping for an undead poodle and funny stuff like that. These look more like your standard "rotting zombie dog", wich isn't bad per se but with malifaux i always hope for a bit more fun/wyrd models.

• Like 1

I personally really love almost all of them. Hans isn't much of a change, but his was one of the coolest early minis anyway, so that is no problem. Same deal with the iconic Desperate Mercenary, which is still maybe my favorite Malifaux mini ever. The other Desperate Merc looks amazing, a huge improvement on the old lady merc. I really dig his robot arm. For the Executioners, one seems like a direct copy of the old metal alt but that isn't a bad thing at all. The surprise comes from his buddy that comes in the same box. The second executioner is in a more static pose but is very cool and menacing, I especially like his new claws and butcher's apron. I'm mostly a guild player so those are the ones that stuck out to me. Everything else looks good also, particularly the Gremlins and Bishop. 

The only ones I don't like are the new Guild Guards. The male would be a neat model for a gunslinger or something, but I really prefer the old ones in uniform. If anyone in Malifaux was going to wear a uniform, it would be the Guild Guard and these don't really give me that impression. If you painted the two new ones in different colors, you'd be hard pressed to tell that they are from the same unit whereas the old ones had those distinctive long coats and hats. I also like that the old female Guard was dressed exactly like her male counterparts. This one, well I don't know what's going on with her. It may be the angle, but she looks all twisted up. I get that she is supposed to look dynamic like she is twisting and shooting at the same time, but she isn't hitting anything firing a gun like that. I don't know what's going on with her left hand and I can't tell what her top is supposed to be. Like maybe a corset with a collar? Her high-heel boots aren't the worst offenders of the "all women must have high heels" trope ever but they aren't great, either. Maybe it all makes sense when you see it in person, but for now it gets a big fail from me.

• Like 1

Two Executioners? Has anyone tried using two at a time and how did it go? The models are nice - my favourite is still the original, but these are good minis.

Canines look nice. Not quite as nice as the one in the McMourning box, but I like these way more than the metal ones. Will be getting these for sure.

Molemen, not a fan of the top one but the two others are cool. The lower has a bit of an armadillo look going on. Hopefully the top one isn't as much bigger as the others as it looks.

Gremlins are good.

Guild Guard - why only two to the box? Really would've liked three :( The girl looks good and the dude has a moustache, so the minis themselves work for me. Had there been three I would've bought the box but with two it's kind of a toss up.

Bete - this one will be hellishly difficult to paint to look cool is my prediction. Still prefer the original, but here the render really isn't enough to form a good opinion.

Desperates are nice enough.

Hans is a bit boring but, despite being quite similar, still IMO a huge step forward compared to the original. Not a bad mini at all.

A good month all in all, though not many boxes to buy for me personally. Nothing jaw-dropping but I don't dislike any of the minis on offer - all are at least average quality and over half are really nice ones, I think.

Well done, Wyrd!