When can we expect our Gencon orders to show up?

Drix

So basically by the time I actually get my stuff it will be out for the public at my local gaming store.....at a reduced price cause they normally offer a discount. This is a bit disheartening I could have just waited seriously.

It really depends on when you ordered and where it's going to. My order was in on Wednesday and it arrived in MA early this morning, which means I'll get it on Monday since FedEx Ground doesn't deliver on weekends; that's about a month before anything hits stores, and multiple months before some of the product (eg, the Rasputina and Viktoria boxes) gets into stores at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically by the time I actually get my stuff it will be out for the public at my local gaming store.....at a reduced price cause they normally offer a discount. This is a bit disheartening I could have just waited seriously.

If all you ordered was the book and the cards, I expect you could probably just have waited. If you've ordered enough for a Mis-step or the Tara box, these are never going to be available in stores. If you've ordered other models, most of these will probably not be out straight away, so you'll almost certainly get them early...

If all you ordered was the book and the cards, I expect you could probably just have waited. If you've ordered enough for a Mis-step or the Tara box, these are never going to be available in stores. If you've ordered other models, most of these will probably not be out straight away, so you'll almost certainly get them early...

Also not all the box sets are being released in Sept. Also Wyrd releases tend to be the end of the month so your order should arrive before your FLGS get the September releases.

It really depends on when you ordered and where it's going to. My order was in on Wednesday and it arrived in MA early this morning, which means I'll get it on Monday since FedEx Ground doesn't deliver on weekends

Yeah the order date is the big thing.

Agnel, one of the other Boston area guys got his box in today and mine says it's on its way today. Are you sure about the no delivery on weekends?

Agnel, one of the other Boston area guys got his box in today and mine says it's on its way today. Are you sure about the no delivery on weekends?

Ah, I should clarify. My shipment is technically classified as Ground rather than Home Delivery, since I'll be picking it up at a FedEx Office. Ground is Monday-Friday, while Home is Tuesday-Saturday. For most people, the "Ground" option on webstores will actually spit out a Home Delivery order since it's going to a residence, but the two are theoretically different services.

It's a little quirk of the system, but that's how it comes out. Believe me, as someone who used to manage a large FedEx account for a client, it only gets more complicated from there.

Ah, I should clarify. My shipment is technically classified as Ground rather than Home Delivery, since I'll be picking it up at a FedEx Office. Ground is Monday-Friday, while Home is Tuesday-Saturday. For most people, the "Ground" option on webstores will actually spit out a Home Delivery order since it's going to a residence, but the two are theoretically different services. It's a little quirk of the system, but that's how it comes out. Believe me, as someone who used to manage a large FedEx account for a client, it only gets more complicated from there.
Wait a sec. I selected Fedex(ground) for shipping when I made my order. Does that mean I have to pick it up when it arrives? Nothing on the order form indicated that was what it meant

Wait a sec. I selected Fedex(ground) for shipping when I made my order. Does that mean I have to pick it up when it arrives? Nothing on the order form indicated that was what it meant

No, its going to arrive at your home. Not sure what the other poster is talking about.

Nah, you are good. The only difference is which driver brings the package to your home. Ground drivers service businesses, and Home Delivery drivers delivery to, well, residences.

(interesting note:they charge more to ship to a residence vs a business..I've been with Fedex for five years now, and its always funny to try and explain some of the things they do)

I had order #16498, my first faction for Malifaux. An Ophelia box, slop haulers, young Lacroix, Bayou Gremlins, a Gremlin arsenal and fate deck. All it says that it has been processed. I am hoping to get them by the end of the week so I can play over the holiday weekend. One of my other buds ordered our rule books.

Sadly, even though I was at Gen Con Wyrd brought no metal crews to sell. None. I ended up playing a demo of the new rules, then had to go back and mail order what I wanted from my hotel room. I had been waiting a few weeks to buy my gremlins until Gen Con so I could start playing the game with my buds with the release of the new rules. I was a bit disappointed that there were no metal crews, even though metal crews make up the majority of the models for this game. I understand they will be transitioning over to plastics, but in the mean time people need models to play with!

Order #16069 (book & Tara); shipped on Friday.

Ordered 08-15-2013 in the early AM

FedEx says I'll get it in CA on Thursday.

(I've always found USPS a little quicker for non-special domestic mailings...at least it is not UPS, I've gotten two non-Wyrd gaming orders through them that were all beaten up by the time they arrived.)

I had order #16498, my first faction for Malifaux. An Ophelia box, slop haulers, young Lacroix, Bayou Gremlins, a Gremlin arsenal and fate deck. All it says that it has been processed. I am hoping to get them by the end of the week so I can play over the holiday weekend. One of my other buds ordered our rule books.

Sadly, even though I was at Gen Con Wyrd brought no metal crews to sell. None. I ended up playing a demo of the new rules, then had to go back and mail order what I wanted from my hotel room. I had been waiting a few weeks to buy my gremlins until Gen Con so I could start playing the game with my buds with the release of the new rules. I was a bit disappointed that there were no metal crews, even though metal crews make up the majority of the models for this game. I understand they will be transitioning over to plastics, but in the mean time people need models to play with!

I hope that got you over $100 for the Miss model, because otherwise, I'd have just bought the Arsenal pack at Gen Con while you were there and then ordered the metal models from anywhere else... If time is of the essence, ordering from Wyrd during their busiest weekend in the year is a bit of a risk!

Hope they arrive in time for you though - this is a great time to be jumping into the game!

Order #16069 (book & Tara); shipped on Friday.

Ordered 08-15-2013 in the early AM

FedEx says I'll get it in CA on Thursday.

(I've always found USPS a little quicker for non-special domestic mailings...at least it is not UPS, I've gotten two non-Wyrd gaming orders through them that were all beaten up by the time they arrived.)

Interesting. My order # was 15942, and I ordered it 8-14, and I am still being processed. Maybe something I ordered was out of stock or something...@_@;

Crossing my fingers it goes out soon, as I am itching to play. :)

My order says its complete dose that mean payment complete

or that it's pulled and in the mail?

I received an email saying my order was processed, that had a link to check order status. Once I received the email saying the order was complete, I checked status using the same link (again, off the processed email) and it had a tracking number.

Using that Fed Ex Ground tracking number, I was able to determine it was on it's way to my house and I received it Saturday morning!

I got mine on Saturday, unfortunately I've been working like a dog so all I've had time to do is put Seamus himself together (he looks suuuuhweet and is currently leering at me from my computer desk) and peruse the rulebook.

Got everything and I'm very very pleased with this company and this game, keep upt he good job Wyrd!

PS: I sold two other veteran wargamers on Malifaux ;)