M2E Avatars?

Stinkmunk

I must have missed this, but I thought I'd ask the community for clarification?

The Avatars are referenced in the Book 1 beta on page 39 with a check out page @@ placeholder. I had originally assumed this meant that the general rules for Avatars would be in the first book. Now it sounds like that is not the case.

Is the plan to include them in Book 2 then? If so, that means there will be a heck of a lot more models in the second wave Beta than the first (not that I mind!). If not though, it would mean our Avatars are on the shelf for quite a while longer.

Is there something official on this? The lat thing I remember was from the podcasts where they aid that by the time the second wave of arsenal decks were out all of our toys would be table legal.

In the "Ask a Gremlin" section of Wyrd Chronicles 7 there is a question about Ophelia's Avatar, the answer to which was something like, we'll see it in Beta Wave 2. I'd expect to see all Avatars for existing Masters from Lady J and McMorning, to Mei Fang and Lynch, to Brewmaster and Tara in the next Beta Wave...it's gonna be a doozy.

I think the general rules for Avatars will be in the first book, but not any Avatar stats.

I think the plan was for Avatars to go in the sencond wave Beta test. I'm not sure that there will be that many more models in the second wave than the first, after all we already have 21 of the 38(ish) masters.

I know nothing official though.

I think the general rules for Avatars will be in the first book, but not any Avatar stats.

I think the plan was for Avatars to go in the sencond wave Beta test. I'm not sure that there will be that many more models in the second wave than the first, after all we already have 21 of the 38(ish) masters.

I know nothing official though.

There will certainly be more models in Wave 2. Wave 1 had to hammer out the main rule book as well as the models there. With the main rule book done, there is room for more models.

Including book 4 there is something close to 275 models in the game with distinct rules. 128 existing models were tested in the open beta leaving slightly more than half the existing models plus whatever they want to add for Wave 2. I think the larger concern is that all the more complicated masters (Dreamer, Kirai, Colette, Hoffman, Hamelin, Collodi, Lucius, Yan Lo) are left for Wave 2 along with Levi being recycled back into the mix, lowering the "128 existing models tested" by however many of his crew are cycled back with him.

The Rising Powers masters, Avatars, and Yan Lo took some of the most work in reaching balance when originally tested. It would be pretty naive to expect they will be easier to balance this time around.

The Rising Powers masters, Avatars, and Yan Lo took some of the most work in reaching balance when originally tested. It would be pretty naive to expect they will be easier to balance this time around.

I guess the testers will just have to do the best they can.

Edited by dgraz

So will we be looking at an avatar for each master in M2E including those newly promoted?

That is certainly the Plan I heard.

Can't say catagorically yes, but everything Wyrd has said about it suggests that it is still a yes (they even mention Ophelias avatar in the new wyrd chronicles).

I would expect a book, but I've not heard anything concrete either way