Today Izamu ...

D-A-C

Hey everyone.

I don't know how you all feel, but I absolutely love Izamu. Not only is the model stunning, but he is a great addition to the resser faction, and I plan on using mine with both Seamus and Kirai in particular.

So basically, I just wanted to start a thread were all of us who use Izamu can come and write of his exploits.

Obviously let us know who he kills, but don't forget to mention how he performs in general. That way we can get a sense of how strong he is competitively.

So today Izamu... :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First game I played with Izamu, he killed a rail golem that had 5 wds left(one swing), then kaeris from full health in 2 swings, then a rail worker did implacable assault on him and he riposte'd his 2nd swing to kill him, then he finished off kang.

I had an Epic battle of Teddy vs Izamu a few weeks ago. Weaver Widow dropped Teddy-Bomb on Izamu who had to kill him 3 times before the game ended. Lucky for me (I was Lynch, not the Resser,) Nicodem couldn't deal with his own crew charging each other and I was able to get my objectives completed. It was frustrating that I couldn't take down Izamu, though. His triggers are pretty solid.

First game I played with Izamu, he killed a rail golem that had 5 wds left(one swing), then kaeris from full health in 2 swings, then a rail worker did implacable assault on him and he riposte'd his 2nd swing to kill him, then he finished off kang.

Did the Rail Golem get his Hard to Kill?

In one encounter, Izamu got turned into a maniquinn.

Did you cheat a tome?

I also had Izamu take out the Coryphee Duet in one AP before - First activation, second turn.

But my all time favorite use of Izamu has been to charge and kill my own Belle (Who had Grudge put on it, so I denied 2 VP), to trigger Slow to Die, to trigger a Killjoy Summon. Boom. Izamu + Killjoy, right in the same spot.

post-11758-13911928053544_thumb.jpg

Last night in a 30ss scrap, I as Zoraida (w/ aZoraida, Collodi, 4 Marionettes, and 3 Wicked Dolls, doing Treasure Hunt with Kidnap and Bodyguard Z) faced off against Seamus (w/ aSeamus, Necrotic Machine, Izamu, a Nurse, a Belle, and a doggy, doing Supply Wagon with Bodyguard and Stake a Claim). Izamu was able to get over to the treasure and killed many a doll. Both Avatars manifested by Turn 3, and in the end (turn 4), it was aZoraida and Collodi v. aSeamus and Izamu. aSeamus bit a ton of Pins and Needles, leaving Izamu the last man standing on my foe's team (although he also bit it when Collodi barraged him with attacks).

That was my first game against the Armor, and let me just say that he is VERY resilient, and well worth the 10 soulstones he costs.

~Lil Kalki

I also had Izamu take out the Coryphee Duet in one AP before - First activation, second turn.

But my all time favorite use of Izamu has been to charge and kill my own Belle (Who had Grudge put on it, so I denied 2 VP), to trigger Slow to Die, to trigger a Killjoy Summon. Boom. Izamu + Killjoy, right in the same spot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11745[/ATTACH]

I lol'd

I had Izamu tear apart a Friekorps Strongarm suit today. Got a riposte off during opponents first activation, then a focus hit for severe which healed for 3, then on third attack cheated in a RJ to finish the job with another heal for 2.

Starting to love the big suit of armor.

Izamu pretty much kept me in the game recently with Beatdown against aNicodem. He was killing zombies everywhere and when he died - you guessed it - I brought him right back to kill some more! I drew due to poor chi placement (and not realising the mindless zombies aren't uncontrolled after aNico appears) but dammit I would have lost if not for that behemoth!

I LOVE YOU IZAMU!

today Izamu...

* Looked really menacing on the table

* Killed an Oiran in a single hit

* broke off his base mid game

* Was killed by Misaki in a hail of blows ending with a soul stoned decapitate.

And, he won me the game by taking a (2) on Misaki to plant that evidence!