Spoiler

tadaka

Rail crew seems like a really good crew theme for Malifaux!

I thought Ten Thunders may be one release where I go only for the book and skip new crews, but they look cool and would provide for a really great themed battles, especially if you have train/railroad/rail station table to play on.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Also, it may just be quality of the 3D render and the bad resolution of the picture, but I prefer the art of the master to the proportions of the model. Far more sexy. But I guess I'll have to see the real thing - the picture is definitely wanting in resolution department. :D

Prepare for way too much analysis of probably nothing!

"Rail Crew" has the part no. WYR3052

WYR - obviously is wyrd minis

3* - arcanist faction

Here's what's interesting. Part nos. are usually issued in sequential order (usually). 3052 is not at the end of the line. In fact 3050 is Angelica, 3051 is the alternative arachnid swarm...and then there is no other Arcanist model in the current line until 3054 which is union miners.

So interesting thing #1: Minis that seem to fall earlier in the part no. sequence are being issued later (probably can be explained as the lag between development and release)

Interesting thing #2: We're missing 3053

Interesting thing #3: On the rail crew art itself, the featured suits are tomes and crows.

Interesting thing #4: It appears Ten Thunders will be given part nos. in the 8000s

Interesting thing #5: 1000s guild, 2000s rez, 3000s arcanist, 4000s, neverborn, 5000s outcasts, 6000s books/accessories, 8000s ten thunders, 7000s?

Interesting thing #6: Mei Fong can be translated as beautiful wind, or no wind, or beautiful phoenix (hard to translate without tonal markers)

Interesting thing #7: She has really long hair...which in many kung fu flicks means that hair is a weapon

There is more I find interesting, but I don't really want to go into a discussion of sino-japanese cultural relations and what is more Chinese influenced versus Japanese influenced (or given that Three Kingdombs refers to China/Japan/Korea) versus Korean influenced. Case in point, all three cultures have fox spirits...the Huli Jing, Kitsune, and Kumiho respectively.

Edited by pigi314159
additional translation options

Regarding renders, the may be uses to cut injection molds or to print an original model which may then be used to make master molds. The master models from those molds, usually cast in resin, can then be used to make vulcanized rubber molds for metal figures. It's a fascinating process.

Pure orange? I am on the Facebook page and from the F all the way to the far right of the X it turns a red color, not the orange color it starts out as on the far left.

You are correct. I see what you are talking about now. It is far more subdued than the blue of the Wei Feng banner, but definitely there.

However the splotch behind them is pure orange and the splotch on Wei Feng's box is a mix, but I could be reading too much into that detail

You are correct. I see what you are talking about now. It is far more subdued than the blue of the Wei Feng banner, but definitely there.

However the splotch behind them is pure orange and the splotch on Wei Feng's box is a mix, but I could be reading too much into that detail

I don't know if you're reading too much into it. The "red" on the archers is more of a dark reddish brown.....not even close to proper Guild red. It just looks like a little artistic shading to me....just to give the banner some variation/interest.

I don't know if you're reading too much into it. The "red" on the archers is more of a dark reddish brown.....not even close to proper Guild red. It just looks like a little artistic shading to me....just to give the banner some variation/interest.

Hmm, isn't proper Guild color "burgundy"? Which would exactly be reddish bronze (or rather bronzeish red).

It's called options.

I like the Shovel best, everyone knows a Shovel is the best weapon for banging zombies on the head.. You get a lovely ringing sound.

I had SO Many wasted evenings of bopping Zombies on the head with a Spade. Arcade mode was SO fun. me and my housemates used to fight over topscores for number of zombies bopped.

Edited by Ratty