Introduce Yourself

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching the local henchman's weekly demos for a few months I realized the game system looks rather good, and that not all the models are creepy horrors. So I asked the henchman for something "complicated to play" so I could not get bored. He picked out a few boxes and gave a briefing. One box was C. Hoffman and his constructs. Constructs are not creepy. And I like playing as a tinker gnomie, I can work with constructs all day. And setting up a beautiful elaborate damage dealing loop that would work just fine if other people didn't keep interrupting and messing it up--well, I played a raiding necromancer in EverQuest for years, believe me, I know the playstyle. So to my surprise I find myself on the side of law and order.

I was about to say something about picking up the box just now but I turned around and it is GONE. o.O Excuse me. I need to go find that. This is my first miniatures game. I am a little bit nervous.

• Like 1

Howdy.

Got into malifaux v1.5. not many people around here play. Drifted away. New edition, new plastics and a new gaming group brought me back. Currently own far too many unpainted crews. But these new releases are always good.

Collect all bar gremlins. Like ttb and am considering fate mastering something when when I when I get when I get time.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy.

Got into malifaux v1.5. not many people around here play. Drifted away. New edition, new plastics and a new gaming group brought me back. Currently own far too many unpainted crews. But these new releases are always good.

Collect all bar gremlins. Like ttb and am considering fate mastering something when when I when I get when I get time.

Tom.. Where are you located.  Central Illinois here 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Live in Denmark, have (according to everyone) a fairly impressive Malifaux Graveyard table, that I built only last year. Well last year was when I was introduced to Malifaux, I quickly got obssessed with the best game in the world. I have enough models for at least 10 crew. Also have a big Sewers/Prison of Malifaux table.

Would love to be a Henchman for Wyrd, and I do my part, so far 4 guys have started playing this game, buying rules, crew and everything, because of me. I have played loads of intro games and have people over for a game almost every week. I don't have the club house or store required though. Wyrd is very black and white about that.

Graveyard: http://www.powerfist.dk/forum/index.php?topic=82949.400

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!  Name's Erin (the male version...)!

I just ordered the Malifaux starter set after doing some digging around looking for a mini game for my girlfriend Nicole and I to try out.  Malifaux just seemed way chick-friendly as far as style goes, so here we are!

We are in south Louisiana, not far off from New Orleans, in Lafource Parish.  As far as I can tell, there isn't a lot of miniature gaming going on down here, but anyone in the area, feel free to introduce yourselves!  We may be looking for play partners soon.  (Giggity)

Nice to meet yall!

• 2 weeks later...

Good (Part of the day) everyone,

My name is Lamont, i'm married 3 kids  and a lifelong gamer. How lifelong you ask? I've played asteroids and  defender in  7-Eleven,  to Xbox 360. Redbox D&D to 5.0. Magic the gathering in when everybody had a mox to realizing I didn't want to play in a game where Bad resource management wasn't punished anymore (Talking about mana burn.) so I traded my cards in for Store credit, and went looking for a game I can play. I liked the look of GW's games and had even played their fantasy RPG (which I thoroughly enjoyed!), but  quickly realized that my store credit would not be enough to be a competitive opponent. Right next to the big board game was another smaller, skirmish level game. I watched them play it out, yelled out abilities to each other, we all laughed at the titles to them and I walked myself back to the malifaux and got Perdita and the family. That started me out in 1.5 and we had a torrid love affair. Life started to encroach and then I played against the bane of my gamer existence Hamelin. I stopped playing for awhile, but recently hiosted up the 2.0 Outcast banner and have been loving the game all over again. It helps that I can do a passable Johnny Cash for my Man named Sue. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am Eugene from Ukraine. I am big fan of tabletop games such as Warhammer 40k. Past Christmas I started Malifaux and fell in love with this game :) Already Have Lilith and Pandora Crew. I am going to collect all Neverbon faction as they all are so awesome. 

• Like 1

Hello there! I'm Gus, from Spain. I just started playing on november 2015 with Jack Daw and some additional Outcast fellas and now have bought Hamelin (the two rat boxes). I still haven't play him and I'm already considering buying the Viktorias (and then Von Schill, and then Tara, and then...).

5 minutes ago, Chou said:

Hello there! I'm Gus, from Spain. I just started playing on november 2015 with Jack Daw and some additional Outcast fellas and now have bought Hamelin (the two rat boxes). I still haven't play him and I'm already considering buying the Viktorias (and then Von Schill, and then Tara, and then...).

You must be mistaken--you're not Gus, I'm Gus and you're Chou ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!

My Name is Cody I am from British Columbia, Canada. I have been giving Malifaux a go since Warhammer Fantasy hit the end. I am currently loving the Dreamer and              Teddy.....fat scary Teddy. Anyway I hope my crew can devour all others and drive those humans out of Malifaux once more.

Cheers

Cody

27 minutes ago, Where's Teddy? said:

Hello All!

My Name is Cody I am from British Columbia, Canada. I have been giving Malifaux a go since Warhammer Fantasy hit the end. I am currently loving the Dreamer and              Teddy.....fat scary Teddy. Anyway I hope my crew can devour all others and drive those humans out of Malifaux once more.

Cheers

Cody

Hey man, AoS isn't that bad :(

Although to be fair, it is grossly less structured, and not as much a game as it is a miniature hobby now, with a slight game behind it.

Either way, Malifaux is certainly an amazing game and I don't know that I've ever really had a bad game (Even losing).  Sounds like you already started playing though, so I'm sure you already know about that :P As for the Neverborn?  I'm sorry.  Poor choice of leadership, but there is no chance they'll ever get rid of the 10T.

Hello all. Just today bought a starter set and 3 funky ronin ladies, thought I'd check out the forums.

Many, many years ago I was into the Lord of the Rings game from Games Workshop, then went to university and decided girls/gigs/xbox/having enough money to eat were more important than toy soldiers so dropped out of the hobby. Then last year we started playing Zombicide, I broke out the old paints to make the minis pretty and it was fun, I got the hobby bug so decided to see what was going on with Games Workshop these days...

And the less said about that the better. But reading about the bizarre suicide of Games Workshop I learned there are loads of other minis games out there now! Kings of War, Infinity, Frostgrave, X-Wing, not to mention all the big box board games, but the aesthetic of Malifaux really grabbed me. Plus the free magazine, the linked roleplaying game, the whole henchman system, the not completely ludicrous prices, it's all the good stuff I wished Games Workshop did back in the day.

Not sure which faction I'm gonna go for just yet. Arcanists appeal for the whole working class/anti-fash angle, but I'm a simple man that likes a strong melee line and that doesn't seem to be their focus. No need to decide just yet anyway, and there are enough miniatures that Rule of Cool I'll inevitably get anyway to buy some time before committing.

TBH I'm really surprised there aren't any henchmen in London yet. The whole neo-victorian, industrial revolution vibe started here. If this game grabs me the way I think it will I could definitely see myself doing the whole henchman thing. 

Anyway hello all, that's quite enough words about me.

Hey, everyone.  Started playing Malifaux a couple months ago with a friend.  We play in the back room of a place where folks gather to play M:tG, and after seeing us play a few times, our little meta has grown to 6 players!  I picked Outcasts as my faction, and have been having a great time.  Malifaux is not only the best miniatures wargame I've played, it's one of the best tabletop games I've played.  And I've played a LOT of tabletop games!

Started out with Von Schill for aesthetic reasons as well as his reputation for being a fairly straightforward master to play with.  After I finish painting Hannah, I'll post pics in the appropriate forum here, and I will officially have a full Freikorps crew.  I have been trying to stay away from the typical drab browns and have gone with a somewhat weird color scheme of blue, yellow, and army green.  After that, it's on to the Viks and the models that support her crew box.  Thinking about my potential 3rd master gives me anxiety.  They're all way too cool (though I'm not too fond of Misaki).

Hello

I started Malifaux couple of months ago when I found local gaming store and it´s player community. Loving my Lucius and Tara which I bought my first masters. Loving fluff and steam-punk and Lovecraftian atmosphere in the game. Malifaux´s rules are also excellent, so nothing to complain. I also play Kings of War.

Oh, I live in Turku, Finland