Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hi, I'm Bill.

I like long walks on the beach with Lady Justice, Colette, Pandora, Lilith, and pretty much any women who are scantily clad. I hear there are a number of people who apparently like to listen to me, but I don't know much more about that. I spent way too much money splurging on a custom made Dreamer to look like Max from Where the Wild things Are. Oh, and I am a henchman.

*grin*

Hi im mike.

from the uk, married, 4 children.

Tinkered with von schill, then lucius before settling with Ramos (anything that contains a big spiderbloke with freddy kruger hands has got my vote)

my eldest son has taken to digging up things and chose nicodem, although he is feeling drawn to neverborn.

Hi i'm Mark

from the uk, also married, but only 3 kids, thats it no more. Maybe one of them will be into wargaming in the future hopefully.

Started with Pandora... bad choice so picked up Sonnia to learn with. Now i have Pandora, Collodi, Zoraida, The dreamer, Sonnia and Marcus. With avatars for Marcus and Zoraida.

I'm better at painting than gaming tbh. I paint on commission, but mostly friends minis. In fact if you ever find yourself playing against Scuttlebut, all his malifaux minis are painted by me :)

HELLO All,

Steven here. Former 20 year GW plaything. Discovered Malifaux through encouragement of excellent Henchman justright, who saw I was looking or more than what I was getting out of my current hobby. I loved the look ofthe models and while I love painting, I am a wargamer and enjoy the whole interaction of Malifaux from cards to schemes.

I started out a few months ago and felt I was behind the curve, that I had to shake the 'roll the dice well' mentality I had built up over 20 years! Started with the Viktorias (great models!) but ound that the Guild and Perdita fit my style and Malifaux fluff requirements. I have a nice selection of models and am enjoying the Malifaux hobby hugely! I enjoy movies, reading, painting, and my understanding and supportive girlfriend. I look forward to helping others find the same satisfaction I have in Malifaux! Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

Hello! My name is Devon. I'm from Texas. I've always just been a general gamer, but a trip to Reaper's Asylum introduced me to painting miniatures. I picked up Warmachine two years ago, and still play Khador. Last year a friend introduced me to Malifaux by giving me Lilith. I was generally clueless and bought nightmares to play with her because I liked the models. I've picked up the Dreamer since then, and I love playing him.

hello everybody!!!

I´m David, from Málaga (Spain), i´m amazing from discovered Malifaux, and i realy liked to play this game, in my country there isn´t a big community, but i think its only time.

I have 2 crews (Lady Justice and Kirai) and i´m learning to play and introduce some of my friends to play Malifaux, everybody it´s enjoy with the game, so you will see me in this forum many times.

PD: sorry for my terrific english, i´ll try to improve my writtings skills

Hello All,

I'm Doug. I'm super new to Malifaux and miniatures all together. I was at a con here in LA with a buddy who has being wargaming for years. He convinced me to wander over to a Malifaux demo, play a quick round and I fell in love. The theme, the models, the mechanics...all of it was awesome. That was about 2 months ago, I've since bought 3 starter boxes (Zoraida was my first, love the Voodoo hag thing, then 2 more that would work with her, Ophelia and Collodi). So I guess I'm a Neverborn player but again, I'm still learning.

For anyone that lives in the Los Angeles Area, I go to a game night nearly every Friday and am always up to be schooled in Malifaux. You can find it on Meetup.com, it's called Friday Night Dice, in the Burbank/North Hollywood area...I'm actually looking for someone to play tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Hi everybody-

My name is Phil and one day while waiting for a doctors appointment the wife was flipping through one of my old 40k codexs, Eye of Terror I think, and said "I want a hobby like that." Then she saw how much a 40 army requires and said "I don't want to do that much". So I found Malifaux and told her to pick a starter box. She fell in love with Seamus' Belles and I will say I have a thing for redhead head and blindfolds so I went with Lady J. Now I'm starting to pick up the rest of the Guild and maybe also Colette and Ras

Auggie here, my wife and I just picked up a starter army and the rules book (v2).

We live in SoCal and do a lot of alternative board gaming (Arkham horror, ticket to ride, etc..) as well as miniature gaming (40k, battletech, etc...) This forum has already provided a great number of resources and we really appreciate all the info that everyone posts. With any luck we will learn the game here soon (we have yet to play one) and report back.

Auggie here, my wife and I just picked up a starter army and the rules book (v2).

Awesome! Welcome. It's a lucky man that has a wife into the hobby..........mine just laughs at me and my "little army men". I hope you have a great time..................Bad Things Happen!

I am a lucky man indeed. Of course, we picked our initial army before we found all the commnity resources so we both picked what *looked* cool to us. She chose Colette and I chose the Dreamer... only to find out that they are considered 'complicated' and not beginner friendly... hahaha

I think we will end up trying them out and seeing where they take us. I am also looking at making a Wild West themed crew and found a thread that described a good crew for that... I think we will have a lot of fun regardless. We do have experience with 40K so maybe the Crews we picked wont be that difficult...

Haha i picked up both of those crews for my first crew's (bought 2 at once, and still buying more though only have 3 left to pick from now) And it was fine, took a few learning games for each then i learnt that if you are a good poker player, your opponent can never guess where you going with Colette :D Shame i suck at poker :P Enjoy :)

Hi I'm John.

I'm from Prairie du Chien Wisconsin. I've played 40k for years then took a break because of a ex-Wife that didn't like me spending money on anything other than her.

When I finally booted her and started tabletop gaming again, I became disenchanted with 40k because of 6th edition coming out right after I spent a ton of cash putting together a 5th edition Army and buying the Rulesbook.

After a trip to my LFGS in La Crosse, Wisconsin where I sat through a Demo of Colette vs. Seamus; I was hooked on Malifaux. I sold all my 40k stuff and bought into Malifaux.

So far I've purchased Colettes Crew, Seamus's crew, a Dead Justice crew (recently traded for a Kirai crew) and Pandora's crew. My favorite crew so far by many leagues is Pandora. I can't though to finish painting Kirai's crew to take her to the table.

Peace!

I am, Rameses!

Hello I’m Travis.

After several years of painting and trying to play GW products I had to find games to fulfill my table top war game addiction or TTWG as my friends call it and I found other wonder full games one being Malifaux, the others being PP’s (yes I play all three systems more or less) I found that I could play all this systems with multiple armys for each game, for the same price more or less than it cost to play GW’s two games. Plus now I’ll never be bored to death by paint my ten thousandth blue Smerf. I love Malifaux for its odd take on alternate earth that and I saw the Seamus box and had to get it. I also have the lady J box and am trying to demo games to my friends trying to convert them.

so long and stay safe,

cheshirecat :)

I introduce myself last night but I thought I say hi here too

I'm Wolf I was looking for something to aspire to when I get a job and Warmachine was interesting but they are really too much needed and I have poor moter skills I found Malifaux and read plot and fell in love with idea of getting Guild Neverborn and Resurrectionist's and make a big complicated story :3 I am a big fan of the Neverborn I like them and their goals of wiping out humanity and the necromancers obsession with undead.

Hi I'm Daniel and I live in Gloucester (UK).

I'm married (September last year) and am currently completing a PhD in Mathematics at Cardiff University.

I've been playing the GW hobby for 14 years (WH, WH40K, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Warmaster) but have recently become fed up with GW as a company and their treatment of customers and hobbyists. A friend suggested Malifaux to me and I haven't looked back.

Been playing since July this year. Currently have a Pandora (my starting crew), Rasputina, Lilith, Sonnia, Vik's and Leveticus crew. I have also managed to bring my wife over to the dark side, and she is now playing a Dreamer crew. I love the Malifaux models, game mechanics, Wyrd and everything about the hobby. It's great!

Feel free to contact me and I hope to see you around the forum!

Ciao!

Welcome to all the newcomers. I'm glad you found the world of Wyrd and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Pretty friendly community here, so ask lots of questions if you want to....lots of folks love to talk about this game.........why wouldn't they? its the best, the coolest and I love to play and........oh! I'm rambling, I guess I'm one of the talkers :) I'll shut up now.

Hello all, my name is Flipswitch/Callum and I'm based down in Cardiff (UK). I've very recently started Malifaux and am new to wargaming in general, having played wargames for about a year now with Malifaux being my third game in that time. I'm addicted I have to say!

My crew of choice are the showgirls with the lovely Colette which I've stuck to like glue but am considering a second at some point, not entirely sure who yet though.

Edited by Flipswitch

Hey all I'm Alex!

I used to play lots of Warhammer but my friends and I would hardly play so this summer we decided to all build armies and get together a lot. After overhearing us complaining about the price point a henchman in the store introduced us to Malifaux and I was instantly hooked by the innovative mechanics and enticing theme. That was about a month ago and since then I've been going all out trying to get all of my friends into the game and we now have a pretty solid base of players. I'm currently working on a ton of maps and terrain on which to base a small campaign for my friends and I.

I run Seamus and own his box + Bete Noire, The Hanged, and a Grave Spirit.

I'm in Georgia and love tabletop game design (board games, rpg's, and whatnot) so hopefully one day I can meet the guys at Wyrd :D

Hey, I'm Nathan. I'm from a regional town in Australia. A local couple opened up a gaming store last month (The closest thing we had to that was a book shop that used to sell Citadel but they closed down about 8 years ago). The closest gaming stores is on the coast which is about a 6 hour drive away. So I've known about miniatures but never had a real reliable way of getting into them.

I had a look around and Malifaux caught my eye. I like the setting and unique combination of genres. It also seemed cheaper and smaller than if I got into Warhammer so I went home and googled. Bought the rule book and read through it. Now have the Kirai Spirits of vengeance box and plan to start painting by the end of the week. Going to go back once I've started and pick up a Lost Love, more Seishin and maybe some Gaki.

:radioactive: