Avatar-Inspired Lord Chompy Bits and Dreamer

popg0estheworld

***UPDATE*** PAINTED PICS ADDED, 6 Oct 11

Greetings, all!

Amid a number of commissions, I've been slowly working on a conversion I've been milling around ever since I saw the LCB and Dreamer avatar art. I have it all sculpted up and ready to prime-

LordChompyBitsConstructed001.jpg

LordChompyBitsConstructed003.jpg

LordChompyBitsConstructed004.jpg

LordChompyBitsConstructed005.jpg

It is inspired by the Avatar art (obviously), but also a little bit of Where the Wild Things Are, and The Neverending Story. I never liked the fact that the non-nightmare Lord Chompy Bits did not have the Dreamer with him, so I wanted to rectify that.

For the record, I did not make the Dreamer Asian- he just kind of looks like that in these pics. He is actually squinting as he yells, which should look more natural once painted. I have some big plans for the back wall, in order to spice it up a little bit too.

In addition to this model, I will be adding two Nightmare Teddies, Coppelius, some Alps, some Daydreams, and some Stiched Togethers. I have some fun basing ideas for them that I will reveal as I build them.

Anyway, lemme know what you think, and I'll post progress shots as they come (which might be a while- I have a lot on my plate right now).

***UPDATE***

I know I said no updated for a few weeks, but while the primer was setting on my commission pieces I got a little more construction work done...

Dreamer-

DreamerandCOppelius006-Copy.jpg

DreamerandCOppelius007-Copy.jpg

I primed the Dreamer just so he would be ready to paint when I get the chance, but I left the back because there is going to be a Daydream perched on the headboard (and I still need to buy them). The bed magnetizes together for display.

Coppelius-

DreamerandCOppelius009-Copy.jpg

In case the picture is too dark, Coppelius is stanging near/on a dresser, with the drawer filled with eyeballs (made from lead buckshot). I will probably have some toys or something on top of the dresser in the finished product.

***UPDATE***

The first painted crew member-

Dreamer006.jpg

Dreamer002.jpg

Dreamer008.jpg

Dreamer009.jpg

Edited by popg0estheworld
UPDATED PHOTOS!!!!
  • Like 1

The Dreamer looks ace as does the doorway.

Although I have to say as a very regular dreamer player who looks at the Lord Chompy Bits model alot, I cant help but look at yours and see it as LCB tipped 90 degrees. Maybe if his limbs were repositioned so it looked like he was running on all fours (all sixes?) it would help the overall look?

Great job anyway!

Yeah this is going to be awesome. The door reminds of me of Beetlejuice. Look forward to seeing the progress.

Yes! That was totally the goal- I considered doing a chalk door on the other side, but I have other ideas now.

The Dreamer looks ace as does the doorway.

Although I have to say as a very regular dreamer player who looks at the Lord Chompy Bits model alot, I cant help but look at yours and see it as LCB tipped 90 degrees. Maybe if his limbs were repositioned so it looked like he was running on all fours (all sixes?) it would help the overall look?

Great job anyway!

Thanks for the feedback. The goal is to have it look like he is kind of leaping out of the door, ready to drop on all "sixes," and I did it specifically because of the original sculpt. I've seen people do leaping LCBs, and I just turned him even further to make his pose look a little more logical. The whole original "touchdown" thing was always a little weird to me- you never got to see the model's face well.

Not sure how you are planning on painting him, but if its possible a water texture with ripples in the door would be the final touch to make him perfect.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with the door- I was thinking about a mixture of swirling green aether and night sky, but maybe some kind of water effects would be cool... The jury is still out.