Alright, that does it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."

There's a certain line where it just doesn't matter any more. The end result is the same. And after such a long time period of unintentional balance issues, it crosses into negligence.

Whether they actually do it on purpose or not, refusing to address something that's been a problem in their products for so long is just as bad.

I will say I like the model, even if it doesn't fit the general style of 40K very well. It's nice to see their vehicle design moving past "Box on wheels/treads/legs/wings".

I agree that it doesn't necessarily matter why it happens, but that's why it's just speculation on my part. It's annoying no matter how you slice it.

What's the orangutan all about? Is that an actual, official unit for the Grey Knights? I can't see it anywhere.

The one pictured in this thread isn't GW, it's a reaper miniature:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/50214/latest/50214

There will however be a Henchman option for the inquisitorial retinue in the GK codex that is Jokaero (old 40k fluff xenos ape-race).

The one pictured in this thread isn't GW, it's a reaper miniature:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/50214/latest/50214

There will however be a Henchman option for the inquisitorial retinue in the GK codex that is Jokaero (old 40k fluff xenos ape-race).

Actually, if you look in my initial post, I have the picture from the Codex of the JOKE-aero

Honestly I saw this model and now I want to do a Grey Knight Army. Like others have said, its so crazy its awesome.

that just reminded me of my friend's comment when he first saw them he was all like 'OMFG NEW GREY KNIGHTS MITCH! HAVE YOU SEEN THEM YET?!?!?!?!! NO!!?? YOU IDIOT! WELL LOOK! THEYS SO CRAZY AND COOL THERE LIKE AWESOME ON CRACK!!! YOU SHOULD BUY 1 OR 7 AND A HIVE TYRANT AND MAKE THE BEST DIARAMA EVAR!'

also note this guy works for GW which made this so much more hilarious when I walked into the store to see him one day

it maybe be a action figure, but i need one... telling you combine with hoffman... makes Meta-hoffman.. i can get this bad boy to fit on a 30mm base and i will even if it kills me.

but why is coming out 2nd of april... they have already f**king made the spur i have seen it.. give it me already you blood sucking corporation b**ch! give me my grey plastic!

it maybe be a action figure, but i need one... telling you combine with hoffman... makes Meta-hoffman.. i can get this bad boy to fit on a 30mm base and i will even if it kills me.

but why is coming out 2nd of april... they have already f**king made the spur i have seen it.. give it me already you blood sucking corporation b**ch! give me my grey plastic!

I would love to see people actually create the Hoffman Avatar/Meta-Hoffman...

Also, Pere, Im not sure if the part in bold should be read like this (NSFW):

[ame]

[/ame]

or like this (NSFW):

[ame]

[/ame]

I was informed in 2010, by a GW representative that GW plans to upgrade all codex/army books within a 3-5 year time frame.

Orly? :D

Let's do the math on that...

Currently there's 14 Codeci for 40k and 15 army books for WHFB, which translates to no less than about 6 books per year or one book every two months. It's certainly acheivable, (especially looking at what Privateer Press did with MK2 Warmachine/Hordes last year), and if they manage to do it, then that's great news. But right now I'm sceptical, given their recent release rate and especially fact that it's taken 9 months for GW to release their first army book (Orcs and Goblins) after 8th edition WHFB.

For all the faults of the company, I try not to bag GW. They produce some great models (usually), have a universe with enormous scope for personalising your own army (unlike Privateer Press or Wyrd, for that matter). The rules are far from perfect but even with the rising cost of building an army and the occasional silliness like some of this GK nonsense, I still find it to be an enjoyable game to play.

I definitely don't believe in this codex creep some people talk about. All that usually happens is the newest army books get more options or cooler stuff than the older books. There are certainly some army book releases that are notably above or below 'the curve' in their power level (FantasyDaemonsDarkElvesSpaceWolvesetc), but for the most part the power level of army book releases remains largely consistent.

If this wasn't the case, then the Dark Eldar players I know (myself included) using their 11 year old codex (ie before their new book released last year) should never have won any games over the past 5 years, and the last major tournament in Perth, which was dominated by blood angels, space wolves and Imperial Guard, should never have been won by a Tau army.

Orly? :D

Let's do the math on that...

Currently there's 14 Codeci for 40k and 15 army books for WHFB, which translates to no less than about 6 books per year or one book every two months. It's certainly acheivable, (especially looking at what Privateer Press did with MK2 Warmachine/Hordes last year), and if they manage to do it, then that's great news. But right now I'm sceptical, given their recent release rate and especially fact that it's taken 9 months for GW to release their first army book (Orcs and Goblins) after 8th edition WHFB.

For all the faults of the company, I try not to bag GW. They produce some great models (usually), have a universe with enormous scope for personalising your own army (unlike Privateer Press or Wyrd, for that matter). The rules are far from perfect but even with the rising cost of building an army and the occasional silliness like some of this GK nonsense, I still find it to be an enjoyable game to play.

I definitely don't believe in this codex creep some people talk about. All that usually happens is the newest army books get more options or cooler stuff than the older books. There are certainly some army book releases that are notably above or below 'the curve' in their power level (FantasyDaemonsDarkElvesSpaceWolvesetc), but for the most part the power level of army book releases remains largely consistent.

If this wasn't the case, then the Dark Eldar players I know (myself included) using their 11 year old codex (ie before their new book released last year) should never have won any games over the past 5 years, and the last major tournament in Perth, which was dominated by blood angels, space wolves and Imperial Guard, should never have been won by a Tau army.

Im not even going to begin on the problems with your Maths... or the colour you choose to se for your posts...

But I do agree, GW will not remain on schedule as suggested, but will continue to churn out new codexes/army books as required to continue returns to Shareholders.

Well at least there are the space monkeys

m1720126a_99060107066_Jokaero_445x319.jpg

I remember these guys from back in Rogue Trader days. The Jokaero wer always very cool... BUT Where are the Hrud, I want my space scavenger rat things dammit. I've been waiting over 20 years... *Sulks*

Edited by Ratty

I thoroughly disliked the Dreadknight on seeing the photos of it. Then I went into the GW shop here in Glasgow yesterday and got to see an assembled model. I actually think it is a superb model, now. It is not 40k - not by a long shot, but it is a cracking model and I want one. Just don't use the tiny toffee hammer it comes with; the sword is the one you want.

Well at least there are the space monkeys

m1720126a_99060107066_Jokaero_445x319.jpg

I remember these guys from back in Rogue Trader days. The Jokaero wer always very cool... BUT Where are the Hrud, I want my space scavenger rat things dammit. I've been waiting over 20 years... *Sulks*

Apes, remember! Orang-utans can get very testy when you call them monkeys. Just ask the students of Unseen university! ;)

And as for the Dreadknight model: well, its a nice idea, though I think it's not well executed. I would have preferred something along the lines of the power loaders in Aliens, big enough to hold a marine, but not too tall to look daft.

Basically a dreadnought with a marine attached instead of the sarcophagus. But thats just my personal taste.

And I have recently taken the decision to give 40k a rest as it was getting too expensive. i sold all my codexes and figures apart from a 1500pt Raven Guard force to keep for if I ever feel like playing again.

I still crack open my dwarfs for a game of fantasy every now and then, but I already had over 10,000pts worth before the new edition so don't really need to spend more.

Malifaux has captured my enthusiam and imagination so i see myself playing this more often.

Money is tight now and the spare cash i have each month can go on Malifaux, where I can often afford a new box, rather than half a unit for GW games.

I, for one, was tempted to buy some GK's just because of the Dreadknight. But I'm a sucker for exo-skellies, I guess...

I'm going to try and restrain myself though, since I have enough projects up and running with Malifaux and Infinity.

Good thing I can still enjoy a game of 40k every now and then vs one of the later codices with my Necrons! Oh, wait...

Malifaux has captured my enthusiam and imagination so i see myself playing this more often.

Money is tight now and the spare cash i have each month can go on Malifaux, where I can often afford a new box, rather than half a unit for GW games.

I echo this sentiment. I love my Tau army, but right now malifaux seems to be more in-line with the type of game i want to play.

Apes, remember! Orang-utans can get very testy when you call them monkeys. Just ask the students of Unseen university! ;)

apparently demons and humans also get testy when you call them monkeys.. but all you monkeys look the same to me... All hail your Rodent Overlords.

apparently demons and humans also get testy when you call them monkeys.. but all you monkeys look the same to me... All hail your Rodent Overlords.

Hail the rodent overlords? I had been meaning to mention this to you for a while, but irl I am formulation chemist that synthesizes and develops rodenticides and the better mouse trap. I am the anti-rat. cheers!

BTW, I stand by my original theory on GW business model. Perhaps not everyone is better than the last, they occasionally throw a bone to the old-school, waiting for their codex for years, fan.