Zoraida any good with teddy and stiched together?

Mr Oogie Boogie

I Never tried Zoraida with dolls so I don’t know. 🤷🏻‍♀️
the most obvious master to play teddy and stitched/bearly is the dreamer.
I played Hinamatsu led crews with teddy, vasilisa, Coryphee Duett, stiched and wicked dolls. That worked well. 

another idea to try may be Pandora since baby kade may hire teddy as a versatile and the stiched work well with the diversion aura of the Poltergeist…

7 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

would zoraida work with teddy and stitched together i know they arnt key-word related but can they work together or if not whats a good neverborn to use with them, as  iowant a teddy based neverborn  sort of thing, teddys and dolls 

(from what ive heard) not really teddy, but zoraida works very well with stitched- or atleast, with vasalisa or widow weaver, shes the only crew in nvb with easy scrap in that she summons a voodoo doll and sacks it, followed by vas or WW using its scrap to create stitched

2 hours ago, fire5tone said:

(from what ive heard) not really teddy, but zoraida works very well with stitched- or atleast, with vasalisa or widow weaver, shes the only crew in nvb with easy scrap in that she summons a voodoo doll and sacks it, followed by vas or WW using its scrap to create stitched

Oh yes. That’s true. I don’t play zoraida but often used puppets in Lucius. so that kind of Play will work with zoraida even better since she generates her own scrap markers. Therefor a list with vasilisa and a black blood shaman will probably be quite good! 

Zoraida with teddy and stitched (summoned by widow Weaver) should work just fine. She does well with generic beaters like Teddy. That said, other options like Emissary work (and you could use avatar dreamer as your emissary).

But as others said, Dreamer is the best crew for those models IMO. No other master leverages terrorize like Dreamer does, and that is Teddy's best ability IMO.

2 minutes ago, extremor said:

Could you please elaborate what you mean by that. In which situations? 

Dreamer summons unbury on failed willpower duels (after resolving the action). So with Dreamer, terrorize...

• Repositions an enemy model.
  • Places a summon
  • Possibly gets a free attack (for alps)

So then you get to reposition an enemy AND they're now tied up in combat with a summon. On top of that, this synergises with Dreamer's general game plan (bog down the game and attrition the enemy off the board). 

Typically when I employ this tactic, I get to a point where every relevant enemy on the board is engaged at the start of turn 3 or so, and it gets really difficult for my opponent to hit my important stuff.

• Thanks 2

@Maniacal_cackle Thank you. Yes that’s a good way to use teddy, too. I had such situations occasionally but never used it as a game plan. To me teddy was more like a tanky distraction. ESP if played in combination with vasilisa since he gets healed so easily and all of a sudden swallows opponents AP like Candy. So thank you very much for teaching me that kind of play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, extremor said:

@Maniacal_cackle Thank you. Yes that’s a good way to use teddy, too. I had such situations occasionally but never used it as a game plan. To me teddy was more like a tanky distraction. ESP if played in combination with vasilisa since he gets healed so easily and all of a sudden swallows opponents AP like Candy. So thank you very much for teaching me that kind of play. 

Yeah, I really like it as Teddy can tie up one model with terrorize & summon, and then tie up another model or two with a charge and his 2" engage!

Tanks so hard.

Stitched are nice summons for Z indeed. I ne or tried Teddy with her (since I think there's better beater for competitive play), but it would work just fine. Consume is good with vodoo doll. Stat 6 terrorize is no joke (and really good with OG dreamer as Cackle said)... With Z it's less useful but a 2" stat 6 melee beater that get healed by Vasi can do some work.

I would go with a "puppet special"

Mama Z

Teddy+IR

WW 

Vasilissa

Wicked Doll

Silurid x2

45ss

You need Silurid (or other cheap swampfiends) for Eye in the night (and general scheming potential).

WW will allow to summon stitched.

Vasi will give survivability to your constructs and an other pseudo obey for your stitched.

You can also cut a Silurid for a BlackBlood Shama  since you have all the other parts of the combo and that will give you a bunch of focus (Teddy will say thank) and a Mature t1. That would be my choice for a more killy scenario if the deployment give me the time to combo.

You might also want to consider Hinamatsu as well.
She's generally very good but also you can obey:ensorcel an enemy model to dissengage from her twice, which lets her take two wicked attacks including her own triggers against the enemy model you are flipping for and they can't declare resistance triggers and then assuming they survive you push them wherever you want them!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, diki said:

You might also want to consider Hinamatsu as well.
She's generally very good but also you can obey:ensorcel an enemy model to dissengage from her twice, which lets her take two wicked attacks including her own triggers against the enemy model you are flipping for and they can't declare resistance triggers and then assuming they survive you push them wherever you want them!

Usually I play Hina in the list above. But as the OG asked for Teddy I switched them. Playing both is 20ss of beater so you need to be rewarded by a brawly scheme pool imo.

Bit yeah, Hina is great!

• Like 1

Just to chime in on the Teddy-train.

Teddy can also do some work with Kade in a Pandora crew (Kade can bring him without tax. He also has a bonus action that can move Teddy, and if he ends in base contact they both heal 2 and Kade can be placed somewhere else in base contact with Teddy)

With Pandora Teddy can get quite tanky if engaged to enemy models, due to a lot of wp duels and feed on fear.

5 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Just to chime in on the Teddy-train.

Teddy can also do some work with Kade in a Pandora crew (Kade can bring him without tax. He also has a bonus action that can move Teddy, and if he ends in base contact they both heal 2 and Kade can be placed somewhere else in base contact with Teddy)

With Pandora Teddy can get quite tanky if engaged to enemy models, due to a lot of wp duels and feed on fear.

I love the Baby/Teddy combo, it gives Teddy a little extra mobility, a little extra resilience from the healing and a lot of extra actions from Coordinated Attacks.

• Agree 2