New Lady Justice

Thatguy

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Am I the only one who can't seem to get room for death marshal recruiters in this crew? I want to use them, but I keep finding that I'd rather just have a regular DM and save some stones for something else. 

DMR helps with killing buried models. DMs help with clunking up the board

@trikk I know, that's why I want to use them. The problem is that I find it hard to justify paying 3 stones extra. You already have LJ2 and 33 to attack buried, plus jury if she activates. 

When compared to regular DM's I don't find their increased stats justify 3 stones and of their abilities beyond time is the only one that really stands out. Grim recruitment isn't of enough use, in keyword, and one foot is nice, but not that important. 

They don't even survive much longer thanks to DM's HTK. 

I guess the problem is that I can almost get two DM for one recruiter. 

I like them, but I feel like they should do a bit more for the keyword. 

Interesting, I'd say try offer less in LJ2, you have 2 other models that can hit buried. DM's fast requires less setup and 4" range on pine box means the pushes aren't as necessary. 

Guess I'm going to have to try them, I like both the models and their rules. I just find that at 8 stones I either want a more expensive model, mostly judge or emissary, or two DM instead. 

Do you usually run both? As I could see them working better in tandem. 

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Interesting, I'd say try offer less in LJ2, you have 2 other models that can hit buried. DM's fast requires less setup and 4" range on pine box means the pushes aren't as necessary. 

Guess I'm going to have to try them, I like both the models and their rules. I just find that at 8 stones I either want a more expensive model, mostly judge or emissary, or two DM instead. 

Do you usually run both? As I could see them working better in tandem. 

I think my LJ2 lists were

2x LLC 4
DMR 8
33 8
Domador 7
Jury 8
2x DM 10

51 minutes ago, trikk said:

I think my LJ2 lists were

2x LLC 4
DMR 8
33 8
Domador 7
Jury 8
2x DM 10

My first game with JL2 vs Molly2 was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  The Jury
  The Lone Marshal
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Domador De Cadaveres
  Death Marshal

I would now probable changed Domador for other DM + LLC (for LM)

9 hours ago, belorey said:

My first game with JL2 vs Molly2 was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  The Jury
  The Lone Marshal
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Domador De Cadaveres
  Death Marshal

I would now probable changed Domador for other DM + LLC (for LM)

How did it go?

11 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

How did it go?

I won because better schemes selección. I think 6-3 was the final score.

Death Marshal and Scales move 2 markers to score 3VP from Break the Line.

I score 2VP from Hidden Martyrs (Jury-DM) and 1VP from Vendetta with Lone Marshal. 

If i would play more defensively the Lone Marshal after first point i could hidde him for second, but the Forgotten Marshal killed with a Red Joker.

I played Justica too agresive so i payed and she died before she actívate in T4 but at that point Emissary was already on the middle doing his job.

I like the models, 33 its fine but i can see has more potential on Tara's list. Anyway i think i buried like 4/5 enemie models during the game what is pretty cool.

• Like 1

I would think 33 brought more to LJ2, as a mv 6 Incorporeal model is a rarity in guild. He can scheme quite well and threaten thing other models might have trouble getting to. 

Also he seems like a great choice for vendetta. Hurt the target and bury it. He then damages it through buried and stays out of reach after that. He can still hurt buried models and scheme (if the pool allows it) and your opponent will have to go out of his way to hunt him down.

• Like 1

33 will play in both LJs

I personally won't be fielding DMR

Judge will be way more useful in LJ2, May even take the spot of the LM in my crews.

I'll be running 2 DM 'cause with healing they are wayyy to hard to kill with decent range damage and they got free focus from LJ. 

Jury may see some more play from my side, will depend on schemes. 

Always at least 1 Domador! 

Summing up, my general LJ2 crew would look like this. 

LJ + LLC | 2

Judge + LLC | 12

33 | 8

2x DM | 10

Domador | 7

This is 39ss so i can easily field Jury, Effigy with up, second Domador or easy scheme putters (Lawyer, Alison, Undercover) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Vangerdahast said:

Something that haven't been discussed yet, what about the Exorcists with New Lady J? Are they played?

They don't seem to have much synergy with new lj.  No pine box, doesn't really benefit from focus.  The coffins making things undead is ok, and they still have use against summons, but I don't think you will see them.

5 hours ago, Vangerdahast said:

Something that haven't been discussed yet, what about the Exorcists with New Lady J? Are they played?

I'll think you'll still see exorcists in locations where people like to bring exorcists.  If you like them for their ruthless / the crossbow, then you may still find a place for them in J2.  I'm not quite sure I'll have space for em as J2 plays with different models and can deal with similar style models differently (by messing up placement/ping damage/etc)