New Lady Justice

Thatguy

I know one of the complaints that people had about Pine Box is that it is range 0". Now for the cost of a wound it's roughly Range 4". 

I'm a little confused by design choices. Marshalls can now drop up to 2 50mm blocking impassible markers a turn, meaning they can clutter it shut down big chunks of the board. But they don't have any way to get around thier own obstacles. New Lady J can't leap over them.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

I know I've if the complaints today people had about Pine Box is that it is range 0". Now for the busy is a wound it's roughly Range 4". 

I'm a little confused by design choices. Marshalls can now drop up to 2 50mm blocking impassible markers a turn, meaning they can clutter it shut down big chunks of the board. But they don't have any way to get around thier own obstacles. New Lady J can't leap over them.

They ignore the markers for movement. So they can charge through them

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I know I've if the complaints today people had about Pine Box is that it is range 0". Now for the busy is a wound it's roughly Range 4". 

Also the Marshal's Coffin on Justice's card is OpA. So all Marshal beside Justice herself can only create one Coffin per activation.

22 minutes ago, trikk said:

They ignore the markers for movement. So they can charge through them

Do they? I haven't my morning coffee, so I may have missed something. I don't see unimpeded or Incorporeal on Death Marshalls or Recruiters. 

21 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Also the Marshal's Coffin on Justice's card is OpA. So all Marshal beside Justice herself can only create one Coffin per activation.

Good point. I really need that coffee.

Just now, Thatguy said:

Do they? I haven't my morning coffee, so I may have missed something. I don't see unimpeded or Incorporeal on Death Marshalls or Recruiters. 

Its on Justices card that they do (Consecrated ground) (so be careful when she dies)

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Lol your username makes this post really funny.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

So how much do you lean in on this? All dmr and dm?

I think I would, at least to try it out. Adding a half dozen markers to the board that you ignore and the opponent doesn't sounds pretty good.
Also getting fast on you DMs seems more likely the more models you have putting markers out.

18 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I'd keep a Dormador and the Jury in probably, but that leaves plenty of room to max out on DMs.

What's the Dommy in there for? Heal doesn't affect vanilla DM's, and Consecrated Ground covers Art Of Death.

Jury is a must take, for obvious reasons (Exorcism Rituals) and awesome ones (8" Execute is *chefs kiss*).

I am very excited, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Possibly a little less killy and movey herself (though open to debate especially on first part).

However much more crew supportive with some (anti-) scheming via coffins.

Pros:
Easily hand out healing and focus to her crew
Create obstacles to enemy movement
More tanky with Def6 and Regen (Healing via spell or killing is close)
Makes her crews' bury mechanic worth pursuing

Cons:
No leap/juggernaught
No big pulse of condition removal/specific harm
No guarantee of - high sword damage with crit strike or multi stab with qr)

59 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

What's the Dommy in there for? Heal doesn't affect vanilla DM's, and Consecrated Ground covers Art Of Death.

For the "Obey" I guess. So you can offensive Obey enemies near the Coffin marker, or have DM/DMR taking Pine Box for extra Coffin.

• Agree 1

What kind of pool is this new Lady Justice good at? She is now more focusing on controlling (through bury and Coffin marker) and supporting (through area healing and area Focus), therefore I think she will shine in the center fight. So Break the Line or maybe Turf War.

One of the weakness imo is that 2 versions of Justice are focusing on 2 different direction. Which means it is relatively easy for opponent to guess which version you are actually playing, and thus can be well preparing and picking tech pieces.

This version of Lady J is very powerful. She and her crew can lay down a ton of coffin markers and bury pretty much the whole enemy crew. You're going to be running 3 death marshals and 33 every time I would guess. She is scary. If you can kill her though her crew is done. They have to lock down / bury / kill the enemy and scheme later. If you can take her out, and I would put everything into it, the crew is toast. 

11 hours ago, Rufess said:

One of the weakness imo is that 2 versions of Justice are focusing on 2 different direction. Which means it is relatively easy for opponent to guess which version you are actually playing, and thus can be well preparing and picking tech pieces.

I think that's both a weakness and a strength. It allows them to play into more pools, which is great for newer players, or those who just want to focus on one keyword at a time. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Rufess said:

I think that is the design they were aiming for. They want the pre-game prediction and mind games to be a thing.

I don't know how much they will achieve it, but personally I think that is more exciting design. When you can level up your game by being able to predict what your opponent will do.

Regardless, new Lady J seems super awesome (and scary!)

• Agree 2

Her Ashwood Coffin unbury effect is super interesting. Gotta be careful with target selection to a certain extent. You may not want the Dead Rider popping out by Lady J or other models. But on the flip side take the Mechanical Attendant, or some similar support piece 6” away from where it needs to be to do its job…. engaged by Lady J… Feels good. 

LOVE this Lady Justice. Can’t wait to get her on the table, Coffins for everyone! Lady Justice, Coffin Oprah.

(Just watched Cackle’s MWS matchup of Molly vs Hoffman)

18 hours ago, LightningJuice said:

Her Ashwood Coffin unbury effect is super interesting. Gotta be careful with target selection to a certain extent. You may not want the Dead Rider popping out by Lady J or other models. But on the flip side take the Mechanical Attendant, or some similar support piece 6” away from where it needs to be to do its job…. engaged by Lady J… Feels good. 

LOVE this Lady Justice. Can’t wait to get her on the table, Coffins for everyone! Lady Justice, Coffin Oprah.

(Just watched Cackle’s MWS matchup of Molly vs Hoffman)

Last night I snatched Anya from the middle of her crew and killed her turn 1 using it.  So good.

Also, the coffin thing makes pine box usable, though the wound tax was very noticable last night.

• Like 1