Ressers in Love Is a Battlefield (February Vassal Series).

Maniacal_cackle

for leylines the main arcanist tool are sandeep and colette, i don't know who it is your playing but if it was me i'd take one of them 

i've got neverborn round 2 this afternoon and nothing has been declared yet, i'm planning on playing yanlo and doing the kill my own chiaki turn 1 plan, with yin, izamu and gokudo being my other models

that leaves me with 20 stones to spend on a tech piece or something like a dead rider or toshiro as needed

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dannydb said:

for leylines the main arcanist tool are sandeep and colette, i don't know who it is your playing but if it was me i'd take one of them 

Colette feels much better to face on corner than all the other deployment types, so small blessings there, I suppose! I'm in for a super rough match I'm guessing, but at least this time I'll know how to use my crew! I'm going for the win 😜

7 hours ago, dannydb said:

i've got neverborn round 2 this afternoon and nothing has been declared yet, i'm planning on playing yanlo and doing the kill my own chiaki turn 1 plan, with yin, izamu and gokudo being my other models

that leaves me with 20 stones to spend on a tech piece or something like a dead rider or toshiro as needed

I'm guessing they'll bring Zoraida. She is just far and away the best Neverborn master for the strat is my understanding.

I can't decide between Dead Rider, Yin, or a tech piece. Rider is obviously miles better than Yin, BUT Yin can rip models off leylines which can be very strong.

Of course if I was smart like Dannydb, I could declare Yan Lo and take both. The combo is better with Molly's activation control, though.

Although it doesn't work on corner deployment regardless xD

EDIT: Although against Neverborn, they'll use planted roots and sorta negate the whole idea anyway xD For me against Arcanists, I think it still works?

So yes the game didn't go well....  Between me getting pinned in my deployment zone (wasn't expecting Pandora to triples walk accross board turn 1 to get in my face) and over extending yin turn 2 (wasn't in range to get reliquary off and was hoping to hold candy up.... It didn't do much 

So yer 8-1 loss for ressers 

12 minutes ago, dannydb said:

So yes the game didn't go well....  Between me getting pinned in my deployment zone (wasn't expecting Pandora to triples walk accross board turn 1 to get in my face) and over extending yin turn 2 (wasn't in range to get reliquary off and was hoping to hold candy up.... It didn't do much 

So yer 8-1 loss for ressers 

Ouch!  Yeah, Pandora can be surprisingly aggressive, but I never would have imagined that on corner deployment!

Do you have their list? Super curious! They must have Rider, or maybe Emissary?

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Ouch!  Yeah, Pandora can be surprisingly aggressive, but I never would have imagined that on corner deployment!

Do you have their list? Super curious! They must have Rider, or maybe Emissary?

They had neither it was all in keyword. I just got stuck fighting around a lava pit and had my crew shreaded by 1000 cute. Just had yanlo left come end of game 

And Plaag some of us like building our own lists, it's why I play faux over 40k

• Like 1

Since I recently played a lot against Pandora, but against a fairly new player, I'm curious.

When Pandora was very aggressive, it gave me the chance to get rid of her early. It might set one back a bit in terms of scheming, but when aggression starts turn #1, that usually enough time to catch up. Why wasn't this possible for you? Did you miss tools to deal with her defensive abilities? Was your opponent able to shove his whole crew this far forward turn 1? Or what else caused you issues? 

I did exactly the same against Seamus in that pool&map with Pandora. If you're willing to lose your master to allow the rest of your crew to go score points, it's totally worth it.

My 2nd activation of turn 2 was Pandora triple walk + open the box for a total a 13 damage and a bunch of stunned. People don't expect that and stay in their bubbles, specially being corner deployment. You also need to be ready to lose your master, since things could easily go sideways.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dannydb said:

I yerh makhina played amazingly and really knew his crew inside and out. 

Yer I managed to take Pandora out turn 3/4 I think it was but by that point damage was done 

I held out until turn 4 thankfully, Lots of body blocking and LoS blocking to Pandora plus stun pushing shenanigans