Waldo's Weekly - Me and My Shadow

MattM

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, we found Waldo carrying a heavy flashlight and a sharp stick, claiming that the walls were looking at him funny and it was time somebody did something about it. Despite being confused, we all decided to wait and see what sorts of shady antics would ensue. Waldo turned out the lights and started poking around the office… and to be honest, not much happened.

Until, of course, one of the shadowy corners growled. Apparently, living shadows don’t appreciate it when they get a flashlight shined directly into their eyes. We managed to catch a photograph before Waldo charged bravely into the gloom, fending off claw and fang with his trusty stick.

WaldosWeekly_8_19.2020_Art.thumb.jpg.81c6cbcf1807d147792887ef72ae2462.jpg

These are Nocturnes, Minions for English Ivan’s Umbra keyword (if you haven’t seen the second new Master for the Explorer’s Society and our favorite shadowy gentleman, check out our Gen Con recap).   

Don’t underestimate the power of these cheap summons! English Ivan can easily pull them from the shadows of enemies with low Wp, bringing allies right into the fray. Nocturnes also gain benefits from targeting models near Shadow Markers with their Dusk Hunter ability and Displace action. Luckily, English Ivan’s crew serves up the perfect setting to make Nocturnes shine. Well, metaphorically. Because they’re shadows… get it? Anyway, take a look at their full card!

WaldosWeekly_8_19.2020_Card.thumb.jpg.af00b623d34679abaebb94c1b94ffa7a.jpg

That’s all for now, Wyrdos. Waldo’s been strutting around with his usual air of self-confidence now that we’ve shooed away the shadows. Unfortunately that most likely means our little imp will get into more chaos soon enough. In the meantime, let us know what your favorite Nocturne is on the forums. We’ll see you next week!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, mDzierzan88 said:

Just to be sure. Rake the Eyes TriggerI assume that since Red Joker does not have a suit by default, thus it cannot be discarded?

The rulebook says the Red Joker has a suit of its owner's choice, so I'd assume that it will never be discarded because the owner will never choose that suit.

• Like 1

Love everything about these guys! The art, the rules... I was definitely not expecting the variety (I think Sloth is my fave, although can never say no to a 6-armed poochie! Who's a good boy?!)

Although potential concern about the size 1, 30mm base. Either the actual models are sized correctly (which could make life fun when building and painting) or they'll continue the Jorogumo/Brass Arachnid overhang...