Opinion: Malisaurus Rex has the wrong base size.

Sorry, but that base looks ridiculous... Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful model, just that base looks way too small it actually detracts from the whole thing...

It kind of reminds me of a giant elephant balancing on a ball at the circus... It'd actually look amazing if someone if someone converted that and painted clown makeup on him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Sorry, but that base looks ridiculous... Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful model, just that base looks way too small it actually detracts from the whole thing...

It kind of reminds me of a giant elephant balancing on a ball at the circus... It'd actually look amazing if someone if someone converted that and painted clown makeup on him!

This sounds amazing.

Honestly, Wyrd needs to stop with this nonsense. The models keep getting bigger and this one looks borderline unplayable. 

If they insist on making models of this size (which I would really prefer that they didn't) then they need to make new rules for a larger base size. Having 2/3 of a model jutting out from the base is just not functional. 

• Agree 2

The problem with larger base sizes is that you need a fair amount of “push everything else out of the way” rules once you get to a base size three to four times bigger than the “human sized” 30mm base.

I mean, even 40k runs into problems with aircraft on huge flying stands having nowhere that they can go on the table....

6 hours ago, solkan said:

The problem with larger base sizes is that you need a fair amount of “push everything else out of the way” rules once you get to a base size three to four times bigger than the “human sized” 30mm base.

I mean, even 40k runs into problems with aircraft on huge flying stands having nowhere that they can go on the table....

Indeed you do. That is also why I would vastly prefer that they didn't 

But if they absolutely insist on making the models bigger and bigger then the current bases wont work. The new Chompy is already ridiculous going far out of his base on both sides, and this model looks to be even worse.   

Do not misunderstand me though. I would definitely prefer that they just made models that actually fit on their bases. 

• Agree 1

I think it just reflects that there is more than one aspect to this hobby.

Some people are in it 90% for the models, and models like this are likely super liked by some people.

Mechanically, you can just use a proxy base for it whenever you need to make it work on the table.

I also find it annoying, but can see why they do it.

11 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think it just reflects that there is more than one aspect to this hobby.

Some people are in it 90% for the models, and models like this are likely super liked by some people.

Mechanically, you can just use a proxy base for it whenever you need to make it work on the table.

I also find it annoying, but can see why they do it.

If the model is so unwieldy that I need to use a proxy base for it, then I don't even see a reason to buy it. I might as well just print a photo of it and stick it on a base. 

• Agree 2