Seamus - A cause for celebration

Daysleeper

Hey fellow ressers,

i just re-read Seamus' A cause for celebration Bonus Action:

:ToS-Fast:A cause for celebration 2''
This Action may only be declared if this model is this Crew's Leader. This model may remove target Corpse Marker on the enemy table half.
This model may take an Action. If this model removed a Corpse Marker from this action, the generated Action may ignore any special requirements listed in italics.

So, cool assuming you removed a Corpse Marker on the enemy table half this lets you shoot twice, use secret passage even if you're not around blocking terrain or it lets you scare your own people.
But that's not all ... at least i assume so, please correct me if i'm wrong.
It also lets you charge while engaged (and even twice in one activation), Concentrate twice, Interact while engaged (or after disengaging) or disengage while you're not even engaged (HA! ... wait what?)

I've never seen this mentioned before, so maybe i'm wrong but this also gets around the requirements (italics) of the generic actions right?
Sure most of the time shooting twice is really nice, but maybe you just need to drop that last important marker while engaged. Also charging twice (even if engaged for one of those) seems really efficient.

So didn't i see this mentioned before because it doesn't work, or just because everybody knows it and i'm just late to the party 😅 ... or was i just not looking hard enough?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, it was pointed out in Beta. It is a really, really strong ability. Seamus himself is a very strong Master. Balanced by a crew that is just average... 

Damn it, i thought i caught something 😁

3 minutes ago, unti said:

I have a question: do you need to be within range of the corpsemarker on the opponent's half (within 2") or is Seamus able to just remove a target corpsemarker in Los?

You need to be in range.

5 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

Does he need his crew?  Is he a good second master hire?

Not really. And I'm not one that thinks RedChapel is useless, though you can find many who do. I think they are an OK crew, but on the low end of the competitive side. Seamus himself can bump them into moderately competitive, but takes skill to use well. Not as easy as other crews to win games, but still fun I think. 

I have not been interested in hiring second masters myself. I imagine he is great second hire on his own though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Not really. And I'm not one that thinks RedChapel is useless, though you can find many who do. I think they are an OK crew, but on the low end of the competitive side. Seamus himself can bump them into moderately competitive, but takes skill to use well. Not as easy as other crews to win games, but still fun I think. 

I have not been interested in hiring second masters myself. I imagine he is great second hire on his own though. 

I wonder what a versatile/OOK list would look like. 

You'd want corpse marker generation and maybe some heal and obey, to keep Seamus around and have him gain actions?

5 hours ago, LeperColony said:

You'd want corpse marker generation and maybe some heal and obey, to keep Seamus around and have him gain actions?

I don't think there is an obey in Ressers? Unless there's an obey-like ability with another name. Molly can make Forgotten Minions activate again.

There's a lot of good packages you could fit into a versatile/OOK crew. Grave golem + 1-2 gravediggers, the zombie packages, double master crews (such as grabbing Molly for the card draw), Archie + 2 crooligans, etc.

You'd probably want to build a few 'teams' that can operate independently but control a portion of the board. On Turf War, for instance, Seamus with a bit of support could do quite a few shenanigans, while a grave golem holds the centre and Archie takes some crooligans to a third marker.

Just one example, I'm sure there's lots of viable crews based on packages rather than a single coherent theme.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Does he need his crew?  Is he a good second master hire?

Kinda defeat the purpose, as C4C requires Seamus to be the Leader. 

And while there's some diversity of hire from Versatiles, if you're not making use out of synergies most often found in Keyword, you're starting with a handicap. Similarly if you're hiring a crapton OOK.

7 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Obeys would be pointless too, even if you could take them. Non-Master only. There's Lures, and most of them are already in Keyword.

@Morgan Vening not necessarily.

A lot of strategy/scheme pools require you to cover tons of different areas of the board. There, being overly reliant on synergies can actually be a hindrance (particularly for bubble synergies). For some crews, naturally you want to avoid OOK/versatile heavy crews. But if there's any master that's suited to it, it's Seamus by all accounts.

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@Morgan Vening not necessarily.

A lot of strategy/scheme pools require you to cover tons of different areas of the board. There, being overly reliant on synergies can actually be a hindrance (particularly for bubble synergies). For some crews, naturally you want to avoid OOK/versatile heavy crews. But if there's any master that's suited to it, it's Seamus by all accounts.

Was more meaning in reference to the thread title. 

Not saying he's not useful for other reasons, but for the ability in question, and abusing it's usefulness, it's ineffectual.

• Like 1