Crossroads Seven Faction

LeperColony

18 hours ago, bluepanther said:

I used Envy + Wrath + Spider Swarm + Spider Swarm the other week. 
It didn’t go well cause of a stupid play I made. I felt a little bad even taking the list, so I did some things I probably wouldn’t normally do. 
I’m not sure if Pride is the best option in HH though. 

Haha, yep, that double swarm is dirty XD. Another HH option could be Envy + Wrath/Gluttony + Rider + Toolkit. Toolkit give extra Focused and healing to Rider or Envy, Rider is fast, tanky and can drop and deny bomb drops with Ride with me (and the ability to reactivate a model late in the game can be quite good). In the Gluttony version Rider can generate corpses so he can heal; but Wrath has more punch and bring it is quite good; not sure which one would work better...

Pride could work well, his spell versus a hand of 4 cards has to be very very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Also worth noting that Pride took a slight nerf in this update. However overall the Crossroad 7 is much improved by this update.

I do have a small gripe though. How the hell is a guitar bash a 0" attack? It literally makes no sense that unarmed models have a longer reach than someone swinging a guitar?

1 hour ago, Jordon said:

Also worth noting that Pride took a slight nerf in this update. However overall the Crossroad 7 is much improved by this update.

I do have a small gripe though. How the hell is a guitar bash a 0" attack? It literally makes no sense that unarmed models have a longer reach than someone swinging a guitar?

Yeah, there are some serious discrepancies in common sense.  See Bishop's 0" fist vs Ironside's 1" brass knuckles.

My guess is they still have the guitar strapped on, just kind of hip checking you with the body of it mid play.

• Agree 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, farmoar said:

not sure if it is anywhere else, but do people run all 7 of the CR7? 

Leader Pride with Midnight Stalker YOLO no stones?
Leader Envy with Mobile Toolkit+Magical Training?
etc etc

If you drop 1 of them, who gets the boot? Thinking of making Envy the leader most of the time...

I've played 6-7 games with the CR7, so while I make no claims of expertise or skill, I can relate what I've done.

I always take the full band.  It's not necessary, certainly, and I don't think anyone can claim you aren't a Crossroads crew with 3 of them only, but for me the fun is taking all seven.

If I were to drop one, I think Greed is the most situational.  If you aren't facing a lot of upgrades and soulstone users, her powers are mediocre.  Gluttony would be next on the chopping block, if the pool isn't schemey and the opponent isn't a marker maker.  

I'd have Lust higher up on the junk list, except she is giving you your sole movement tricks other than Wrath's Lure, and Distracted can really help keep your models alive.  In my opinion, she's a very important piece for the crew, but difficult to use.

• Like 1

Interesting, I've found Greed to be phenomenal. I've had games where a Sin on the opponent's Master has allowed Envy to drop them in an activation on Turn 2 just thanks to Greed being nearby.

Lust and Gluttony are higher up on my list to cut. Not that I have, it's been the full band and the Effigy of Fate upgrade every time I've played them, but they're much more corner case than the others.

They're actually a really oppressive control crew at their best, so your opponent may well not have "fun" when you're constantly telling them that they can't do what they want to do. Unless your opponent has the means to bypass those tricks and dismantle the bubble :D 

They're not exactly mobile (though a fair bit of Mv 6 in the Crew is... something at least) so they're best on the strats and schemes where they can compel an opponent to come to them. They're amusingly quite good at Assassinate, both because they have a good lot of tools for killing Masters and because your opponent will have a hard time scoring more than one point max for Assassinate thanks to them all having 6 or 7 health and Sloth having a 3 health heal (so your leader is always either above half health or dead, by and large).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

That has been my experience as well. They're quite capable to take a punch (certain members) and dishing it out (again on particular members).

However, they're not good at getting around the board. You really want them doing things in pairs as their ability to generate focus from each other is pretty critical to their success. So keeping to schemes that allow them to play more central is likely where they'll shine. 

11 hours ago, Azahul said:

They're actually a really oppressive control crew at their best, so your opponent may well not have "fun" when you're constantly telling them that they can't do what they want to do. Unless your opponent has the means to bypass those tricks and dismantle the bubble :D 

While only having one game with them in M3E (none in M2E) this was kind of my experience as well.

It was my opponent's first game of M3E (he played M2E, and even played crossroads against me at least once, but it had been years for him), and so while neither of us knew our crews well, I could tell it was getting very frustrating for him for me to use the denial aspect of Sin tokens.  Towards the end of the game I kind of stopped triggering the denial aspect and just used them for Destructive Performance.  Sure 3 damage explosions hurts a lot, especially if I could chain it, but at least most casuals (of which I'm one) are used to getting their models damaged/killed.

It will probably feel better into the more experienced members of my local meta who will be more capable of taking apart the bubble.  Even the guy above might learn to work into it if he gets in more practice with his crew(s).

17 hours ago, SEV said:

I'm curious: when/against one are they (the full crew) at their best? 

For a casual game, are they actually fun to play with / against? 

I think the full crew is at their best when the strats and schemes encourage grouping, and they are at their worst when Catch and Release and Assassinate are both in the pool.

They don't have a lot of movement tricks, so Symbols is a struggle for them, and as they're an attritional crew, it can be difficult to overcome the defenses of a really first tier model.  The crew also struggles with condition removal.

Getting your sin engine going quickly and efficiently is critical.  

• 5 months later...

I do love playing the crossroad seven. I love how each model plays completely different than the others. I love how you can play the exact same list within each faction to offer a different experience (upgrades + effigies). 

I think the only missed opportunity is that they're not really taken seriously when compared to a typical master lead crew. Seeing how you need to buy them all together, most people end up with a complete crew that they will never actually run because it's just not all that viable competitively. 

To address that, I wish Wyrd had come out with a single upgrade that gets put onto your CR7 leader - but ONLY if you have hired the entire CR7 roster. This keeps it relatively easy to balance across each faction as your only left with a couple of stones to play with, which likely means 1-2 upgrades or a single cheap model in addition to the seven. 

I would love to see these models taken a lot more often as they're very fun and super thematic. It seems a shame to buy a box of seven models to only use one of those models and shelve the rest. 

An example upgrade for a CR7 list:

The greatest sin: This model may attach an upgrade with a cost of 2 or less without paying it's soul stone cost, ignoring restrictions.  

Cover Fee's: During the start phase, this model may discard a card. Choose any enemy non-leader models to gain sin tokens (limit one per model) equal to the value of the card discarded (1/2/3). 

Rehearsal Practice: Choose up to two other models with the crossroad keyword. These models are treated as minions for the purposes of strategies, schemes and upgrades. 

• Agree 1