M3E Molly- Episode in Third Floor Wars Podcast

Maybe I should have shared this a few weeks ago... I just thought about it because I shared the link in another thread. 

In case you aren't on the FB page, the Third Floor Wars Podcast had a M3E Molly episode a couple of weeks ago. A pretty in depth look that was a little over an hour long. 

https://thirdfloorwars.com/molly-malifaux-3rd-ed-master-deep-dive/

YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Cleezy, @crimzzen, @Fortune be sure to go on and give 3rd Floor Wars feedback and comments. This one was a little different from a lot of his other Podcasts/YouTube episodes. If you want him to continue to do these types of episodes let him know. Post up feedback on that specific episode on there and on here. His guest from that episode doesn't see the likes/feedback he gets on his site but does see what people post on here. 

• Like 1

Awesome episode, I already told them on youtube but I would love to see more podcasts like these. It made me want to play Molly, sadly, it looks like she will have a new sculpt so I have to wait :( Nellie was my go to master in M2E would love to play something similar on M3e.

I have M3E Molly a try the other day, and absolutely loved how she played. :D

The crew aesthetic; a band of monsters and misfits, really appealed and the fading mechanic was alot of fun. It ensured that you never had a bad hand, since the low cards are always in high demand for discards. 

Overall, I'm very keen to give her another try sometime. :)

On 5/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, longfanz said:

Awesome episode, I already told them on youtube but I would love to see more podcasts like these. It made me want to play Molly, sadly, it looks like she will have a new sculpt so I have to wait :( Nellie was my go to master in M2E would love to play something similar on M3e.

Molly is getting a new sculpt??

10 hours ago, crimzzen said:

Molly is getting a new sculpt??

Well, is just a guess but I think that  the only masters with no release schedule will have a new sculpt (Dashel, Lucius as we already know and Molly, Ophelia, Lynch, Von Schill, Leveticus are very likely).

• 3 weeks later...

Great podcast!

Lots of great insights into Molly. I like the emphasis on securing objectives early, freeing up the rest of the game to disrupt. How do you deal with this against crews with superior board presence? For instance, against Kirai, I find she can cover a great deal of the board achieving objectives, and I get spread out a bit thinly trying to deal with her everywhere. Do you just hammer Kirai early and then clean up?

16 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Great podcast!

glad you enjoyed it and got some benefit out of it. Craig is a great host and puts together a good product no matter who his guest is on an episode. 

16 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Lots of great insights into Molly. I like the emphasis on securing objectives early, freeing up the rest of the game to disrupt. How do you deal with this against crews with superior board presence? For instance, against Kirai, I find she can cover a great deal of the board achieving objectives, and I get spread out a bit thinly trying to deal with her everywhere. Do you just hammer Kirai early and then clean up?

circumstances dictate everything and there are no hard and fast rules- the pool, board/terrain, opponents list, and play style will heavily impact how you approach every game.

Against another maneuverable crew or crew that can influence large sections of the board it is about massing affects on one area to isolate and destroy key targets to let you gain a position of relative advantage that you can then further exploit. Still look to set up objectives early, focus on the models that she can't bring back, try to keep Ikiryo out of position and don't kill her if Kirai is still around, and then of course given the opportunity take down Kirai.