[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

15 hours ago, Mikes said:

She managed to disengage qith only a weak damage, allowing her ti reach the middle and drop the last scheme marker to let me score one nore time on leylines...

Don't forget if you use the disengage action you can't use the interact action in the same activation! ;)

• Like 1

I haven't played this one yet, but I think I want to-

Lady JusticeLead-Lined Coat
Scales of Justice
Perdita Ortega (16)
Guardian (10)
Mounted Guard (9)
Undercover Reporter (8)
The idea being to use the guardian to toss LJ and Perdita far up a flank, then put up perdita's anti charge shooty tech.    The mounted guard then moves LJ further either up the flank or into the opponents grill.  Finally the undercover reporter either 1. messes up their ability to disrupt the flank rush or 2. messes up their ability to run down the unprotected flank and scheme.  The two masters come across the board laterally instead of normally (with the Mounted guard and eventually the guardian assisting).

Not sure if it is good, but I want to give it a try.

Between last night and today I played 4 games with Nellie.  I ran the same list into two games 

Game one and 2:

Nellie LLC, pp, dade with llc, three field reporters,an investigative reporter and grimwell.

Game three: Nellie with LLC, pp,field reporter, investigative reporter, guardian, investigator, 2 false witness

Game four: Nellie with LLC, phi, Frank, nino, pale rider with LLC,pp

All in all Nellie did well with a lot of different crews. The only model I forgot to use from the journalists is the newsie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Between last night and today I played 4 games with Nellie.  I ran the same list into two games 

Game one and 2:

Nellie LLC, pp, dade with llc, three field reporters,an investigative reporter and grimwell.

Game three: Nellie with LLC, pp,field reporter, investigative reporter, guardian, investigator, 2 false witness

Game four: Nellie with LLC, phi, Frank, nino, pale rider with LLC,pp

All in all Nellie did well with a lot of different crews. The only model I forgot to use from the journalists is the newsie.

How has Grimwell been performing for you? 

14 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

He did ok.  He killed nix and dropped a bomb one game and killed the judge in another, which was pretty darn good.  His lobotomy was a disappointment because both of my opponents spent cards like water.

When was he activating? Cause it seems like you want to activate him real early in the turn, where the first Lobotomy is near guaranteed to ruin their day, and if they're down three cards for the rest of the turn, that's a significant win.

19 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

When was he activating? Cause it seems like you want to activate him real early in the turn, where the first Lobotomy is near guaranteed to ruin their day, and if they're down three cards for the rest of the turn, that's a significant win.

Later because I had to land the stagger first.  On nix it wasn't happening at all.  In both cases Nellie was running for her life or healing first activation as well, so his combat was less important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Alansonchik said:

Soul Stone Cache: 4
[Masters]
 - Sonnia Criid, Leader
   + Lead-Lined Coat
[Henchmen]
 - Samael Hopkins
[Enforcers]
 - Purifying Flame
[Minions]
 - Witchling Handler
 - Witchling Stalker
 - Witchling Stalker
 - Guardian
 - Witchling Thrall

The Judge called. She's sad you left he out :(

On a more serious note, I think not bringing Steward in Sonnia is a huge mistake.

56 minutes ago, trikk said:

On a more serious note, I think not bringing Steward in Sonnia is a huge mistake.

Why do you think he is mandatory? For the Focus he can give with the Galvanize Trigger and with the Bonus Action? Do you set your own models on fire in order the Steward uses his Dispel Magic to give them Focus +1?

The Witch Hunters are on my painting table and I am looking for the best way to play them.

Concerning Soulstones, as the Handlers and Quellers can use them, I think a big amount (7 or more?) is necessary. What do you think is preferable: LLC on Sonnia or two more Soulstones?

17 minutes ago, Vangerdahast said:

Concerning Soulstones, as the Handlers and Quellers can use them, I think a big amount (7 or more?) is necessary. What do you think is preferable: LLC on Sonnia or two more Soulstones?

I wouldn't use the Soulstones on Handlers and Quellers much. Really, I think it's more for the Sanctioned's ability most of the time.

LLC is definitely the MVP use of SS for Sonnia. The Armor is typically worth at least 2 SS by itself (it should prevent 4 damage before Sonnia dies, and a SS prevents ~1.8). And in some cases "can't be pushed by enemies" is worth the 2SS all by itself.

In one game, us forgetting about the LLC literally cost my opponent the fame, as Von Schill threw her off a building  into Arik and Hannah, who pummeled her to death.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

I wouldn't use the Soulstones on Handlers and Quellers much. Really, I think it's more for the Sanctioned's ability most of the time.

LLC is definitely the MVP use of SS for Sonnia. The Armor is typically worth at least 2 SS by itself (it should prevent 4 damage before Sonnia dies, and a SS prevents ~1.8). And in some cases "can't be pushed by enemies" is worth the 2SS all by itself.

In one game, us forgetting about the LLC literally cost my opponent the fame, as Von Schill threw her off a building  into Arik and Hannah, who pummeled her to death.

Agreed about LLC

I never bring extra stones for a handler or queller, but it can be a great surprise to hit someone with when all the sudden they simply can't move your handler from a spot.  A handler with LLC taking the staggered at start of turn is all the sudden like trying to remove a master if you are spending stones on her. (Obviously not useful against irreducible)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Agreed about LLC

I never bring extra stones for a handler or queller, but it can be a great surprise to hit someone with when all the sudden they simply can't move your handler from a spot.  A handler with LLC taking the staggered at start of turn is all the sudden like trying to remove a master if you are spending stones on her. (Obviously not useful against irreducible)

17 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Thank you for your answers.

What is your usual number of Soulstones with Sonnia at the beginnig of a game?

Steward has a pretty decent heal, gives easy Focus to Sonnia and with a 6 of Masks you can use Dispel Magic on anyone just to get the extra Focus. Double Focus Sonnia becomes a pretty big threat T1.

I don't think the optimal Sonnia list uses any "Witchling x" model thought.

My SS count is around 3-5

Just now, Vangerdahast said:

@trikk: Thank you. I have only played Arcanist for the moment in M3E. I was waiting for the final release to use Perdita, so I don't have any experience for the moment with Guild in M3E.

I have aleady thought about the Steward in general, I think I will buy him soon. Do you use him with other Masters?

He works with Dashel, Lady, Dita, Sonnia in my opinion. I basically take him everytime I play with them. I also think the Effigy is very good in Guild

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I agree about the Steward. Feels very good.  I've been so disappointed in the changes to the effigy since last edition I haven't used it much yet.

You take him with the upgrade only. That Emissary makes a huge power shift

Seems to me something like this would be good for Sonnia:

Sonnia CriidLead-Lined Coat
Purifying Flame
Guild Steward (6)
Samael Hopkins (9)
Witchling Handler (7)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Pale Rider (11)

The steward can get Sonnia focused and the rider can shuttle her forward so sh can start blasting right away. I haven't played Sonnia in this edition but the two things she likes to have in her crew likely remain the same - movement tricks and focus. The mounted guard is a little cheaper than the rider, but the rider seems to be worth the stones. Are there better ways to do this for a Sonnia crew?