[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

Smeagol no share secrets!

Last game:

vs Kirai

Plant Explosives + Vendetta, Dig Their Graves, Power Ritual, Detonate The Charges, Harness The Leyline

Nellie + Press
Dashel + Dispatcher
Field Reporter
Undercover Reporter
False Witness
Phiona Gage

Got stomped T1 in the first game. Then we played a second and I managed a 4:3 win.

• Like 1

Sorry, can’t report a good list. I ran a Hoffman list predicated on having negative flips to be shot and positive flips to damage (Howard and toolkit respectively), but then ran into a Sonnia crew...attuned models with a stack of soulstones can counter both of those approaches. :( As the Sonnia player put it, Sonnia had her suspicions of Hoffman before, but now she is sure...

In unrelated news, undercover agent into corner deployment is a gamble worth taking. He is expensive but pure VP-disruption.

• Like 1

My list for tonights game vs. Misaki:

Basse

Bernadette

2 Austringers

1 pathfinder

2 frontiersman

Nellie

The hope is I can use the terrain markers dropped by Basses list to do decent damage with Twisting their ideals.

turf war, standard, dig their greaves, hold up, take prisoner, power ritual, outflank

Biggest challenges is my meta is playing with handicaps, so I think I only have 2 stones, which will mean no trigger stoning for me.

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

My list for tonights game vs. Misaki:

Basse

Bernadette

2 Austringers

1 pathfinder

2 frontiersman

Nellie

The hope is I can use the terrain markers dropped by Basses list to do decent damage with Twisting their ideals.

turf war, standard, dig their greaves, hold up, take prisoner, power ritual, outflank

Biggest challenges is my meta is playing with handicaps, so I think I only have 2 stones, which will mean no trigger stoning for me.

Stealth is going to ruin your day ;)

I'd Swap a frontiersmann for the Press.

I am planning a crew to bring back the past glory of our henchman all-star team.

Hiring Pool Remaining: 11 / Soulstones: 10

Dashel Barker
The Dispatcher
Taggart Queeg (8)
The Judge (11)
    Lead-Lined Coat
Agent 46 (10)
    Lead-Lined Coat
Guild Steward (6)

The core of this crew is Steward giving out Focus and Queeg changing it to Fast. Dashel can summon for the S&S, he and Stweard can also heal our Henchmen back from the losing wound on Fast and The Risk of Reason.

I might be able to test this crew this weekend if I was lucky to catch an opponent. But I wouldn't mind if anyone here to test it for me;)

• Thanks 1

Re-run of the ‘concealment auras’ Hoffman list, this time into a list specialized to farm focus and spam shots. Bringing Augmented took some of the edge off of that list which has mutilated my models previously, but my opponent sets that down to the armor more than the negation of at least some of his positive attack flips. Miss Kore seems to have inherited Ryle’s ability to find the black joker. However, I cannot complain about taking either the two Trail of Gore models or a soulstone miner (which ignores defensive triggers) against multiple tanuki.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 11:29 PM, Rufess said:

I am planning a crew to bring back the past glory of our henchman all-star team.

Hiring Pool Remaining: 11 / Soulstones: 10

Dashel Barker
The Dispatcher
Taggart Queeg (8)
The Judge (11)
    Lead-Lined Coat
Agent 46 (10)
    Lead-Lined Coat
Guild Steward (6)

The core of this crew is Steward giving out Focus and Queeg changing it to Fast. Dashel can summon for the S&S, he and Stweard can also heal our Henchmen back from the losing wound on Fast and The Risk of Reason.

I might be able to test this crew this weekend if I was lucky to catch an opponent. But I wouldn't mind if anyone here to test it for me;)

Ran this list minus the LLC and with an investigative reporter in plant explosives today.  Got the win vs Mei, despite the damn pork chop clearing my summoning markers repeatedly.

9 hours ago, Rufess said:

Hows our Henchs performent?

Honestly, they did fine.  Judge was probably the most impactful with his cards.  The lack of scheme runners and some difficulty summoning meant I spent way too many hench actions dropping explosives and markers.  Had my opponent chosen to go hard into them instead of hard into Daschel, their beatiness would have been a bigger deal.  I would have been doing a fight between Queeg, Agent 46 and Judge vs The Rail Golem and Mei.  My deployment wasn't great, so I wasn't getting the focus out like I would have liked, which jammed up the fast engine that Queeg brings.  

I need to get better at using drop it to get my markers for Daschel when they deny them otherwise.  

I would bring less stones, but again, that would have changed if they had gone hard into the hench core.

This is for a grow league, and right now we are only at 40 S.S. Nothing special with this list. There was a great deal of condition removal, and some healing, which was good since I was facing Kaeris. 

Lady J

Scales of Justice-

Death Marshal-5 S.S. 

Judge-10 S.S.

Lone Marshall w Expert Marksman-11 S.S. 

Guild Steward-6 S.S. 

Brutal Effigy w Effigy of Fate-6 S.S. 

2 Soul Stones 

The Strat was plant explosives. I gave LJ one bomb, the Judge one, the Lone Marshal two, and the Death Marshal one. The Schemes we both took were Assassinate, and Take Prisoner. Wedge deployment. 

Lady J cut up Kaeris turn 2 scoring one point at the end of the game. The Judge, and the Death Marshal dropped bombs scoring one turn 2, my opponent scored one on Assassinate for lowering Lady J's health. 1-1.

Both of us had effigies that turned to emissaries turn 3. I rushed the Lone Marshal across and dropped a bomb. My opponent dropped one with Fire Starter. I scored on turn three for Taking Iggy prisoner, and again for my bombs. My opponent was able to kill Lady J who was his focus, and simply couldn't get away. He would earn an additional point for Assassination at games end. 1-3.

Turn four turned into a real blood bath. By the end of it, we both only had two models remaining. The Guild Steward healed friendlies, and then charged his emissary. The emissary took the bait, and was killed from the Steward's Demise Reprisal. My Death Marshal lit up two of his models with his pistol, the Judge wrecked the Fire Starter, Iggy killed my effigy. My Lone Marshal was killed, leaving the Judge and a Death Marshal vs Iggy and a Fire Gamin. I scored on Plant Explosives again, I only had two out at this point since he picked up one. 1-4. 

We called it at turn five. I would have scored on the strat again since he had no bombs in his possession. I wouldn't have been able to reach Iggy to wrap him up for Take Prisoner. My opponent scored an additional point at the end of the game for Assassinate, but I did not since I nuked Kaeris turn two on accident. 

The final score was 2- 6 in favor of Lady J. 

Thoughts:

The Guild Steward is amazing. He deals out healing, condition removal, and focus. Mess with him, and his attrition trigger Demise (reprisal) can be amazing. The Judge's card draw mechanic is good, but unless he's killing or getting healed by the Steward, it can be risky. I took four damage using it turn one. I feel like LLC on Lady J wouldn't be a bad investment. She can already heal, but making her able to absorb a little more damage wouldn't be a bad idea since she attracts a lot of attention. The effigy to emissary upgrade is well worth it at six S.S. He plays a good reserve role to bolster lines that have been weakened. The Lone Marshal with Expert Shot is nasty. He nuked two models turn one, and really cleared some space for himself to drop bombs. 

What should I add next?:

When this league grows, what would you guys suggest I add to my list? How is the community feeling about Death Marshal Recruiters? I know people were down on them in the past. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Going to run a schemes and stones inspired Hoffman list tonight.  I'm building at 47 ss .

Hoff

2x watcher

3x hunter

Totem

Either Joss llc/Howard llc/pk/guardian

I am eager to hear the report. Thought about something similar for a while. PK seems the best for mid control just due to harpoon gun and flurry. 

51 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I am playing in corner so I'm concerned about speed.  Also big base crowding

I am playing something similar Saturday into flank deployment, strat is reckoning and schemes are  breakthrough, harness, power ritual and claim jump in pool.

Hoffman

Mech Att.

Peacekeeper

KORE

3x Watcher

2x Hunters

May switch it up a bit if you see anything worth swapping.

2 hours ago, NickDub said:

I am playing something similar Saturday into flank deployment, strat is reckoning and schemes are  breakthrough, harness, power ritual and claim jump in pool.

Hoffman

Mech Att.

Peacekeeper

KORE

3x Watcher

2x Hunters

May switch it up a bit if you see anything worth swapping.

I would be worried about the watchers being really easy points to get in reckoning, depending on your enemy.