Is The Kings Hand operated

Waznot

As far as I know it is autonomous. There are other big constructs (although not as big) that are also autonomous. Also, the Kings Hand has an asset called Soulstone processing matrix, which has an ability called "Moment of free will", which would suggest that it can think for itself which would be unneccessary would it be operated.

• Like 1

Just because it is autonomous, doesn't mean it doesn't follow orders. Constructs in the world of malifaux are still robots in the classic sense, built to serve. They are (usually) operated on soulstones, which can give them some semblence of self, so they can break out of that, but it is rare. Lazarus would be an example of a construct with a personality that is able to think for itself.

A "Moment of free will" for the Kings Hand would be a moment where it breaks out of its strict order following and starts to think for itself. Which, depending on who you ask, can be a good or a very bad thing. For an operator, this would be a VERY bad thing, indeed.

Also, an operated construct would not need the processor to act out it's orders, only the actuators to do what the operator wants it to, which would probably, given the Empires history, not be soulstone operated, but steam powered or something.

I think the fact that all of the descriptions refer to it as a “construct” means that it doesn’t have an operator.

As far as I can tell, the authors have been pretty careful to reserve that term for autonomous devices, whether or not the device started out as a person.

• 1 month later...

The kings hand is a closely guarded secret no one is certain if it is manned or if it is the largest automation yet constructed it is the result of unprecedented cooperation between kings empire, Abyssinia and the guild. The kings hand represents a radical leap forward in titan design. 

As far as i can tell the Kings hand was a joint Guild/KE project that's since been modified (thanks to Kassa's input) and put into mass production by the KE. Given this history, and the fact that it's design is so similar to the smaller Guild constructs in Malifaux, I'd be confident in saying that it's fully autonomous.

What's more interesting to me is whether the Guild forces are using the same titan design (or whatever they've dubbed their own version) and how it differs from the Kings Hand? :)

15 hours ago, Aner-Dyfan said:

Oh that is interesting, I think the Magister's Hand would be armed with a giant harpoon weapon, much like the peacekeeper. Though being armed with a giant coffin like some huge crazed metal death marshal would be all kinds of amazing.

That would be an interesting set of Upgrades, customising it to match the various guild divisions we know of.

Does that mean there would be the Wedding certificate signed by Abula?:P

On 5/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, Adran said:

That would be an interesting set of Upgrades, customising it to match the various guild divisions we know of.

Does that mean there would be the Wedding certificate signed by Abula?:P

The three branches of the guild that we know from Malifaux are very specific for Malifaux. I don't think we will see them incorporated into a construct that will likely never be used there. But we could see a similar aproach to earth, where there are distinct tasks that need to be done, and via upgrades the titan could be customized for those tasks.