Black Friday sales wishlists

Polar43

I'd love to see anything related to The Other Side. Possibly a new LE Other Side model or even just the boxed sets that are coming soon to retail. 

I'd also really love to see the translucent bases restocked. The 30mm Rootbeer bases in particular are something I've been after for a while now!

Finally, maybe a transparent kit for Parker Barrows? He's one of the few Masters's I've not yet painted and wouldn't mind being spared the trouble. :D

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, Rathnard said:

I'd love to see anything related to The Other Side. Possibly a new LE Other Side model or even just the boxed sets that are coming soon to retail. 

I'd also really love to see the translucent bases restocked. The 30mm Rootbeer bases in particular are something I've been after for a while now!

Finally, maybe a transparent kit for Parker Barrows? He's one of the few Masters's I've not yet painted and wouldn't mind being spared the trouble. :D

Do many people paint their translucent minis? 

I figure if a few of the items I want pop up but are translucent only then ill still grab them and paint as normal....

On 11/8/2018 at 6:16 AM, Polar43 said:

I figure if a few of the items I want pop up but are translucent only then ill still grab them and paint as normal....

I've seen people who have done partly painted translucent crews. So in answer to your implied question, yes - the translucent models appear to take paint like the regular plastics. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:16 PM, Polar43 said:

All my translucent models have some paint on them, even if it's just a wash and highlights to pi k out the texture. Others are a mix of painted normal parts with translucent areas. I sometimes prime with a paintbrush, but not always. The plastic seems to accept paint like the normal plastic. 

• Like 1

It varies from year to year.

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that. Now they often release new sculpts for sale. Last Year I think the only new sculpts they released were the rest of the cat herders, and Rasputina Winter wonderland. They also sell the old sculpts they still have.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that.

When did they do that??? From what I saw last year they gave out a vintage master for every $100 spent, and I'm pretty sure the year before had alternate Taelor, not 100% though. Does that mean there's not likely to be an order value incentive this year?

6 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

When did they do that??? From what I saw last year they gave out a vintage master for every $100 spent, and I'm pretty sure the year before had alternate Taelor, not 100% though. Does that mean there's not likely to be an order value incentive this year?

up to 2016 you got otherwise unavailable models for reaching $150 and $300. Those models were sold in later sales, but the first chance to get them was these sales. It has included the Alts for Barabos, Frank, Firestarter, Bishop, Nicodem, Rafkin, guard sergent. (I just checked Black Friday 2016 and it was sergent and rafkin at $150, and Bishop and Nicodem at $300).

The was the message after that Black Friday that Wyrd decided to no do that sort of incentive anymore to prevent people not buying from their FLGS. Obviously they did the Vintage master last year so they didn't quit entirely, but it was less of an incentive. As to what they do this year, I guess we'll hear in the next few days.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

It varies from year to year.

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that. Now they often release new sculpts for sale. Last Year I think the only new sculpts they released were the rest of the cat herders, and Rasputina Winter wonderland. They also sell the old sculpts they still have.

I'm guessing this year they'll have the usual Ltd models they've sold at previous Black Fridays/Gencons, plus some additional sculpts for the Nightmare Pony crew that was sold at Gencon. There might also be a few new translucent versions of existing sets. 

I've outlined (above) what I'm hoping for. Although I'll add that some new, M3E sculpts for certain Masters would make for a really cool release (like the new Marcus & Raspy sculpts we saw at Gencon). I'm not getting my hopes up on that one though. ;)

EDIT: Holey Moley, I just realised Black Friday is only about a week away. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so soon! 

• Like 1