Jump to content
Polar43

Black Friday sales wishlists

Recommended Posts

What are you hanging out for from the Black Friday sales?

 

I'm hoping the nightmare whiskey golem gets listed again. Maybe the Nico Alt aswell

 

Ive got such a long list of regular mini's I want aswell, my savings are not going to forgive me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that the Christmas themed Rasputina is back in stock, I'd love to have it as a give away in the Christmas tournament I'm planning.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see anything related to The Other Side. Possibly a new LE Other Side model or even just the boxed sets that are coming soon to retail. 

I'd also really love to see the translucent bases restocked. The 30mm Rootbeer bases in particular are something I've been after for a while now!

Finally, maybe a transparent kit for Parker Barrows? He's one of the few Masters's I've not yet painted and wouldn't mind being spared the trouble. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mostly hoping the alt hamelin stuff gets rereleased! I want to pick up Emeline Bellerose, Miss Ery and Doctor Dufresne for sure, and maybe a few side alts but alt hamelin and alt brotherhood of the rat are my biggest hope!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, Rathnard said:

I'd love to see anything related to The Other Side. Possibly a new LE Other Side model or even just the boxed sets that are coming soon to retail. 

I'd also really love to see the translucent bases restocked. The 30mm Rootbeer bases in particular are something I've been after for a while now!

Finally, maybe a transparent kit for Parker Barrows? He's one of the few Masters's I've not yet painted and wouldn't mind being spared the trouble. :D

Do many people paint their translucent minis? 

 

I figure if a few of the items I want pop up but are translucent only then ill still grab them and paint as normal....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what could be coming so I'm not sure what I'd want. I have pretty much all the extant LEs I want now, so I'm mostly waiting to see what new LEs pop up, for both Malifaux and TOS. Long shot wish is for presale of 3e stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 6:16 AM, Polar43 said:

Do many people paint their translucent minis? 

I figure if a few of the items I want pop up but are translucent only then ill still grab them and paint as normal....

I've seen people who have done partly painted translucent crews. So in answer to your implied question, yes - the translucent models appear to take paint like the regular plastics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 10:16 PM, Polar43 said:

Do many people paint their translucent minis? 

 

I figure if a few of the items I want pop up but are translucent only then ill still grab them and paint as normal....

All my translucent models have some paint on them, even if it's just a wash and highlights to pi k out the texture. Others are a mix of painted normal parts with translucent areas. I sometimes prime with a paintbrush, but not always. The plastic seems to accept paint like the normal plastic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Black Friday sale, do they usually release new alts, or jsut re-release the previous ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year they released the nightmare models left to complete the crazy cat lady crew, it was announced in advanced during the Gen Con. Apart from that, I don't remember additional alt models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It varies from year to year.

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that. Now they often release new sculpts for sale. Last Year I think the only new sculpts they released were the rest of the cat herders, and Rasputina Winter wonderland. They also sell the old sculpts they still have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adran said:

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that.

When did they do that??? From what I saw last year they gave out a vintage master for every $100 spent, and I'm pretty sure the year before had alternate Taelor, not 100% though. Does that mean there's not likely to be an order value incentive this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

When did they do that??? From what I saw last year they gave out a vintage master for every $100 spent, and I'm pretty sure the year before had alternate Taelor, not 100% though. Does that mean there's not likely to be an order value incentive this year?

up to 2016 you got otherwise unavailable models for reaching $150 and $300. Those models were sold in later sales, but the first chance to get them was these sales. It has included the Alts for Barabos, Frank, Firestarter, Bishop, Nicodem, Rafkin, guard sergent. (I just checked Black Friday 2016 and it was sergent and rafkin at $150, and Bishop and Nicodem at $300).

The was the message after that Black Friday that Wyrd decided to no do that sort of incentive anymore to prevent people not buying from their FLGS. Obviously they did the Vintage master last year so they didn't quit entirely, but it was less of an incentive. As to what they do this year, I guess we'll hear in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adran said:

It varies from year to year.

They used to have alts as a reward for spending so much, but they stopped that. Now they often release new sculpts for sale. Last Year I think the only new sculpts they released were the rest of the cat herders, and Rasputina Winter wonderland. They also sell the old sculpts they still have.

I'm guessing this year they'll have the usual Ltd models they've sold at previous Black Fridays/Gencons, plus some additional sculpts for the Nightmare Pony crew that was sold at Gencon. There might also be a few new translucent versions of existing sets. 

I've outlined (above) what I'm hoping for. Although I'll add that some new, M3E sculpts for certain Masters would make for a really cool release (like the new Marcus & Raspy sculpts we saw at Gencon). I'm not getting my hopes up on that one though. ;)

 

EDIT: Holey Moley, I just realised Black Friday is only about a week away. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so soon! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for Alt Barbaros and the NM McCabe crew. I am guessing they will be filling out the rest of the models needed for a full Ulix Pony crew like they did with Hamlin last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×