I'm a Basse man.

4thstringer

To put some wind back in there.

Snore, snore snore. It's another guy with a gun in a hat and duster. I hope he plays just like Parker but worse. :P

Also, does anyone else find the quality of naming characters has gone really down hill for the last while? They used to be fairly fantastical but grounded, whereas now a lot of them just sound like completely normal names. You might find some historical reference in there if you go digging, but if they've taken one normal person's first name and another normal person's surname, then what's the difference?

*The purpose of this post isn't to be negative. Just making some observations on trends over time and doing a bit to combat the 3rd Ed pre-hype.*

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

7 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

what I hate about a preview like M3E is it seems to take the wind right out of the sails of people playing the current edition.....

I don't like change (must be read in an elderly man’s voice), Given that all Wyrds competitors have been stepping up their game and if Malifaux is going to stand a chance of surviving then M3e needs to land in the near future.

But I already know of a couple of former players that have dug out there Malifaux with renewed interest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I prefer the preview being out there.  Surprise edition changes feel bad.

Sorry for being off topic, but I get a mental picture of a game designer using the "Preview" Action to push players towards him and then a Changling standing next to him copies his "Edition change" attack and uses the "Surprise!" ability to attack the players with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

To put some wind back in there.

Snore, snore snore. It's another guy with a gun in a hat and duster. I hope he plays just like Parker but worse. :P

Also, does anyone else find the quality of naming characters has gone really down hill for the last while? They used to be fairly fantastical but grounded, whereas now a lot of them just sound like completely normal names. You might find some historical reference in there if you go digging, but if they've taken one normal person's first name and another normal person's surname, then what's the difference?

*The purpose of this post isn't to be negative. Just making some observations on trends over time and doing a bit to combat the 3rd Ed pre-hype.*

Cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians...simple names to match.

Which is a bit odd, honestly. I have been chewing through a lot of out-of-copyright pulp fiction lately. That included a heap of ‘California gold rush’ stories by Bret Harte, analogues to Malifaux as neat as you please, and those characters all had multisyllabic confections of given names that pretended to erudite civilization in the midst of the wilderness—and then a dirt-common short nickname. Miss Squidpiddge is actually true to theme, though I still don’t have the foggiest idea what you’re supposed to derive out of that surname.

The double-barreled necessity of both first and last name these days does grate a bit. Hoffman left off his first name to bury himself in his surname for good reason. I can’t unpick the meaning behind the self-righteous man’s name and there needs to be one (perhaps there’s some Ferdinand-the-Bull irony?) and the trickster woman has none (although she’s named after a Wyrd henchman so that’s fine—his meta said they’d only accept him proxying himself as Serena if he kept the dress on the model, and he did, and it’s perfect) and the inquisitive child didn’t need a surname at all to identify the parents she was separated from (she, I grant, got a meaningful name in Marlena—Cait Sith sculpt and pink dress points to FF7 Marlene, and the spelling change is suitably significant—Webster is another word for weaver).

The only Guild master I have is Perdita. I like the Wild West look. If that really is Basse on that art with 3 characters and what looks suspiciously like Dashel in the middle, the badass with the coat and huge rifle, I’ll very likely have a second Guild crew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -Loki- said:

The only Guild master I have is Perdita. I like the Wild West look. If that really is Basse on that art with 3 characters and what looks suspiciously like Dashel in the middle, the badass with the coat and huge rifle, I’ll very likely have a second Guild crew.

This is suppose to be like Pokemon "You've gotta collect them all" LoL, If you like the gun slinging wild west look then this guy should fit right in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

So true - if only to have proper models for playing Deadlands :)