Does archie need synergies to work

Big-Jaay-Mac

So i've recently started ressurs and I currently own three crews (Yan Lo, Kirai and Molly) I don't own any enforcers or henchmen that aren't ancestors or crew included models. I'm considering my the 13ss Goliath named Archie for multiple reasons 1. He can fill in the limited range of models I own. 2. I find ours very difficult but with a 13ss model it could be easy. 3. I don't have a non-summon based beater that's fast. Would it be worth buying archie although he only synergies with Molly with the horror upgrade? I'm considering flesh constructs as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Archie sort of synergizes with the other two in that Kirai always appreciates an undead model to help get Ikiryo on the table (especially one as distracting as Archie).

Yan Lo can help heal up Archie to keep him fighting trim.

It's worth noting that Archie will want the corpse markers that all three of these masters just leave lying around.

While Archie's ok, I'd probably go with Izamu for those three masters... He's more fluffy for the first two and 4ss cheaper (assuming you give Archie either armour or MLH, Why wouldn't you!). He's also quite tanky, hitty and solid for ours. 

As Clement said above though, Archie is still very solid. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big-Jaay-Mac said:

Also I don't own the wave 4 upgrades can you run me through what my little helper does?

It makes the faction competitive.

Costs 1ss, it's Rare 2 and Non-Master. It says as follows:

This model gains the following Ability:

My Little Helper: When this model is killed or sacrificed, you may summon a Mindless Zombie into base contact with it before removing it.

An Errand For Master: Once per game, after determining Initiative, this model may choose to draw a card. If it does, it gains the following Condition until  the end of the Turn: "Dark Protection: This model may not be targeted by the Actions of enemy models unless the enemy models are within 3" of this model. This model may take an additional (0) Action during its Activation (this may be used to take the same Action a second time)."

The upgrade has two main uses: to abuse (0) actions which summon/generate corpse markers in certain crews (Nico, Yan Lo) or to protect your beaters (Archie, Rogue Necro etc.) on crucial turn.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:08 PM, bonedoc said:

could you use the MLH to get around the instinctual limitation somehow to get three (0) actions?  Two being the same action.

If you do manage to take it on an instinctual model then yes you could take 3 (0) actions (2 of which could be the same). I can't think of an instinctual model off the top of my head that you could put it on, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. 

19 minutes ago, Adran said:

If you do manage to take it on an instinctual model then yes you could take 3 (0) actions (2 of which could be the same). I can't think of an instinctual model off the top of my head that you could put it on, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. 

Technically, you could put it on Archie with Doc Found a Squid Today to get 3 (0) actions, but other than proof-of-concept, I can’t think of a reason to do so.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, Adran said:

Aside from the model we're talking about. 

• Haha 2