Monthly Painting Challenge - March

Franchute

@Viruk REALLY nice basing on puke snake - makes a world of difference to the sculpt

@mrcoblin your ice dancers made me go "wow" the basing,the blends,your palette - all spot on

@Kogan Style lovely brushwork on your cat...I took one look at how tiny all those parts are and threw it all to the bottom of my "might get around to it one day pile" so am looking forward to seeing it finished

@bedjy very smooth blends and great contrast - wrastlers are fantastic

....So many great models for me to catch up with...spent a week in bed so now playing catch up....is it mid month yet ?...can't be as it isn't the 28th yet 😂.....will get a WIP up tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

....love these wings. Which colours did you use? Dont tell me those you used on Graves XD

@Franchute Ha Ha !....they're the same ones I used on Mr Graves 😂.....

....seriously though...the violets are the same glazes and washes ( Gamecolor Hexed Lichen, Vallejo 811 Blue Violet and Citadel Druchii Violet) the flesh base was built up with different glazes using the Scale 75 Flesh Paint Set......but those were also the same colors I used on Mr Graves 😀...

.....because all my basing is different I am hoping that eventually the  overall tone will tie them all together...I say hope because I am making this up as I go along...and really enjoying the company😉

• Like 2

@wizuriel nice job on that set...wish I'd picked it up at the time...I particularly like the tree and snowmen...evil snowmen are boss👍

@misterfinn thanks for the kind words...like I said it's all a bit of an experiment albeit carried out online...I knew what I'm after in my mind so first laid down the flesh base with a fade from top to bottom...then did similar with a "vein glaze" that I waited until was almost dry then carefully went at it with point of a clean brush using neat glaze to move the colour around...still not quite there yet but if that counts as a technique then that's the one I'm using  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2018-03-23 at 11:40 AM, Burnin' Coal said:

So....almost the middle of the month now 😂.....time for a WIP....lots of winged Neverborn underway...Barbaros begun but now set aside for finishing next month...big weekend of painting ahead

IMG_6089.jpg.1bffe675f29c37a0ca55e3f941fac09a.jpg

Love the wings!

I may be a joker this month. I'm working on a Flames of War commission, painted 2 GW models and I'm working on an X-wing. If I get a few spare days I may finish up Burt Jebsen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finished this month except for basing (will minus a point from each model as I will base all my snow base models at the same time for ease and efficiency) Snow Storm, Blessed of December, Ice Golem and three Ice Gamin. 41 Stones minus 5 for bases equals 36 stones. Next month I'll do Raspy herself :)

image.jpg

• Like 7

Minus One point for each model that's not based completely so minus five points. I will do all my rasputina crew bases at the same time when I finish the last model of the crew. The models themselves are painted but not finished until the bases are done

2 hours ago, Aa7 said:

Minus One point for each model that's not based completely so minus five points. I will do all my rasputina crew bases at the same time when I finish the last model of the crew. The models themselves are painted but not finished until the bases are done

I wasnt aware of this rule so I gave you 41 points for your work.

It's more a self imposed rule for me  to insure that I get all my bases finished as well. My Ramos crew the first thing I did was all the bases so I knew that everything would be properly finished. 

• Like 1