After errata Levi

Jafar

23 hours ago, Jafar said:

Dead Doxy: So needed push in outcast. Now you don't need to waste some models AP for walk, you can push them. It a little tricky because you also need to push Doxy

Both the push on the target and on the Doxy are "up to" so you don't have to push the Doxy anywhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

Pale Rider's SH action can be taken whilst engaged like sue and gunslingers.

You are right, same goes for mech rider, but return fire competes with their built-in trigger. I mean, you can take it, but you'll probably end with using their default trigger, unless you win by flipping/cheating 10+ Crows. It's nice for Wp duels, tho. I'll try it myself today and write my feelings about it later.

10 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Return Fire is, let's say it delicately, not-impressing.

Better to spend this 1SS on Oathkeeper or Scout the Field.

I have been using it with some success on Sue as his attack is reasonably efficient and with his :-fate to casts aura he can quite often win a duel with a low card. 

There are some games where it never comes off but then you can have games where you just flip crows every time you do a defense flip. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PositronMike said:

I have been using it with some success on Sue as his attack is reasonably efficient and with his :-fate to casts aura he can quite often win a duel with a low card. 

There are some games where it never comes off but then you can have games where you just flip crows every time you do a defense flip. 

I used it on Sue against gremlins, it worked great. But against guild, Perdita killed Sue in second turn ....... It's good but only in some situations. 

@daniello_s to answer your question about Rogue / Izamu. For me Izamu is not so mobile, I saw once Rogue deployed on one flank, first turn stalked enemy scheme runner or other case, stalked model who will make walk for 100%, it was not funny for enemy. If you want to use Doxy AP to move Izamu he can be ok, but otherwise he is too slow for me. (not sure if Datsue Ba can push Izamu also? Is he spirit?)

I played a game with Levi last night in a game of interference and took The Claw and The Tooth from the Titania box and they worked really well.

7SS models to act as anchors for the waifs, with armour and hard to kill. They also put down scheme markers which is not something you usually get with a Levi crew.

Their pseudo lures worked great at pulling models away from crowds allowing Levi or Alyce to murder them creating abominations. Levi spent most of his time burying and then appearing in whichever quarter he was needed in.

Also, a reactivating desolation engine is awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very new to Malifaux and only tried Leveticus for the first time today. 

Had an intense 50ss game against a Ramos crew using the Latest Divergent Paths scenario. 

I took Hannah, Librarian, Johan, Hans, a Void Wretch and Hodgepodge Effigy

AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN

Levi positively murderized the enemy Lazarus,  then reincarnated across the board to pop some arachnids, then jumped around being geberally annoying, then Hannah paralyzed Langston on a trigger. 

MVP's of the match were Levi, Hannah and the little Effigy:

summoning Abominations from Lazarus and Steam Arachnids was fun!

getting free Soulstones from it was even better

the turning point of the game was when Hannah successfully buried Ramos with her void marker on last turn to unbury him right into the reincarnating Levi for Take Prisoner. 

The only model that disappointed me was Hans, who couldn't manage to hit Brass Arachnid with double focus + scout the field (the opponent had a 13 in hand, i didn't) . I feel that Hans is a one-trick pony   And not worth his points.

So, more onto the topic. i'm planning on running Levi with Valedictorian and some Necropunks(just bought the new models), but what would be a good addition to such a crew?

i'm looking at both Alyce and Hannah, or maybe Bete Noire and a Hanged  

what do you think?

So I played my games with mech rider  + return fire today against spirit Molly and Neverborn Lynch. Her crew had some WP based attacks with Datsue Ba, Molly, Jaakuna, Hanged and Belles, so the [-] on their actions was nice. I had some high crows to hit the trigger few times with an enemy losing the attack actions. It's a nice combo if you expect some WP based models, like against Neverborn or Ressers, but i'm not really sure if it's better than Oathkeeper, although it was devastating against Lynch, where I used return fire for scoring Set up on him and scored 3 points. It's very situational and i try it later when playing against Guild.

On 11/16/2016 at 11:58 PM, Seadhna said:

i'm planning on running Levi with Valedictorian and some Necropunks(just bought the new models), but what would be a good addition to such a crew?

i'm looking at both Alyce and Hannah, or maybe Bete Noire and a Hanged  

what do you think?

Yo can't go wrong with Necropunks as they are one of the best scheme runners in the entire game.

Alyce combined nicely with Belles and if you are to take Hannah as well then I think single Belle is enough as you can copy Lure attack with Hannah if you need to.

Valedictorian is very good flanker and generally nice beat-stick which can turn off Df triggers on enemy models. I like her.

Hanged is I think to expensive to hire but can be interesting too.

Bete I never tried but I presume can be quite disruptive to enemy especially if you play against Living models.

• 2 weeks later...

I played (used proxy) very funny game. In some schemes it may rock

List was:

Levi + 2ss in cache (3 ss in total)
- Pariah of Bone 1 ss
- Upgrade to summon a-bomb 2 ss
- Tally sheet 1 ss

2 x waif 0 ss
2x titania box minions 14 ss
1x Rotten Belle 5 ss
1x Doxy 6 ss
1x Necropunk 5 ss
1 x effigy 4ss
1 x Emissary + upgrade for :+fate to minions attacks 10 ss

50 ss in total. You can lure mostly everything. Very importnat to have high cards for first two Belle Lures. With good positioning you can have every attack with :+fate

I know it's weak against Show of Force, Blast Masters (Sonia, Rasputina, Wong etc.) but also fun to play. Also it's horror for enemy to defend against CA 8 vs WP lure on :+fate

17 minutes ago, Starrius said:

so question.

how effective is leveticus without rusty alyce?

after my game last night starting to think maybe dropping her to get an extra model might be worth it.

anyone got any good advice on this?

She is great with Levi when you have Belles/Doxies or Mad Dog/Watcher in the crew. 

Okay, here's an idea I got after dominating a recent game with Tara:

why not use Scion as a waif anchor?

she hits pretty reliably with Ca 6 vs Wp and cool triggers on her melee attack, as well as some reliable follow-up damage on her ranged attack. The little teleport is awesome. 

What's in it for Leveticus:

you get positioning control, because you've usually got more models than your opponent

you activate Scion early or mid-turn and aggressively move her up the table

if someone attacks her, she just buries making them waste an AP

Levi goes late in the turn, shoots stuff then summons a waif further down the table

this third waif summoned by Levi can use Scion's (0) to unbury the Scion at end of turn, thus creating an anchor for Levi to come back. 

This can be done up to three times per game which is awesome!

gotta try it next game

• Like 3

Try to see the meaning of it in the most positive way ;)

I also hope that we get the rule set for "our" child asap, a new apprentice is always welcome, even more so as Levi is currently dying, in fluff terms. (actually, that`s what sounds scary to me - but also very interesting :) )