Divergent Paths

Fog

3 hours ago, koronuslight said:

English Ivan.

Wait, is he even a choice? Because I have been asking for him to be a model for years now. 

Actually I hope they Never made a stats for English Ivan, he is just to great of a story character.  If you give him rules you 'define' him, where as a fluff only character he is able to be more of a mystery of his full capabilities and abilities.  Leave him as a man of action and mystery, not a bundles of numbers and words in my opinion.

• Like 5

For me

1. Old mustachioed gent (English Ivan)
  2. The cunning looking dame
  3. The bespectacled lad

Here's hoping, I'm guessing the Union will perform pretty well.  I'd be damn curious to see what Wyrd would do in background story if Gremlin's get in the top three, particularly for the dame, that would be an interesting tale.

If I had to guess, the null hypothesis is Kid=>Arcanists (inquisitive, grubby, probably orphaned... seriously, it's either M&SU or Hoffman for her) Woman=>Neverborn (trickster, with a Woe look to her) Man=>Guild (self righteous, enough said). Now, that may not be where they end up, but that's my guess as to where they land if nothing unexpected happens.

17 hours ago, Fog said:

The rules are up.  We're battling for the favor of one of three new characters.

Who do we want?

Another consideration could be, who do the others NOT want? The less groups making coordinated efforts for a particular model the higher the chances of those who are focusing on it.

Not to say we are not good enough to take any that we want... but no need to make things harder on ourselves than necessary.

22 minutes ago, Adran said:

A further consideration is that you might not want Arcanists to win the character every week. Just imagine if Joss had a weeks holiday in the the bayou and came back "Drunk and Reckless"...

Indeed. So if I counted right there are going to be 5 rounds of this, so each character will get 5 abilities and that could make some very interesting combinations :) . However, with 7 factions competing and only 5 rounds with just 3 "prizes"... I think that will need to be a late game strategy and only if we know someone is secured or accept the risk of losing the character.

Edit, to further complicate it isn't even "this faction won 3/5 rounds so they get the character", it is add all scores together. So if there is a round where every faction agrees to give a character the Gremlin characteristic then it is possible that at the end of the event that character got such a large Gremlin boost from that one round that it may be hard to overcome even with winning the remaining rounds.

Just now, BFOmega said:

One of them becoming Gremlin or Neverborn seems odd to me, it feels like that's something you'd need to be born as, though I'm not that far into the fluff yet, so I could be wrong.

There are humans working with the Gremlins like Gluttony, and the Neverborn could have them go all Black Blood or maybe hang out with Lynch.

I'm not sure which of the three I'm most interested in... I'd love it if we could get another model be Frozen Heart but I'm really struggling to see how the setup will allow models to be too specific in categories.  Showgirl or M&SU seems definitely the most likely that any model we win would be in.

There's also potential for humans to end up with the Neverborn in other ways. Zoraida, for instance, was once a relatively normal human being.

If you look at the character creation process for Through the Breach, there's a character background that involves a human child being stolen and raised by a Neverborn entity/group.

The Dreamer is a human boy that's crossed over through dreams.

Then there's Lynch and the Black Blood Scion (as retnab mentions above) that are spreading their own influences deliberately.