Unboxing Malifaux - 'Master Queeg'

GMort

Thanks for keeping up the unboxings!

I'm definetly getting this guy. Too bad he doesn't come with promises for the poor fools who haven't realized the beauty of McCabe (although I prefer the suppossedly lower cost without it on account of being a firm believer of the gospel of the black sheep) :D 

4 hours ago, Absolution Black said:

I was waiting for the final model. I still find it bland to be honest.

If I had the TTB kit I wouldn't mind proxying from it.

Abs: how to solve the bland? I could sculpt on a bulge in his pants and paint him like Bowie from Labyrinth had a haircut with some glittery eyeshadow.

A Freddy Mercury moustasche might liven up the sculpt too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hagisman said:

You hear that Designers! We need a Hidden Sniper model!

Wouldn't that be an "unhidden sniper"? ;) My beef is basically that Lucius doesn't have a free upgrade that makes Freikorps trappers count as having the guardsman characteristic and being native to guild instead of mercs. I'd even be prepared to pay a stone for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Wouldn't that be an "unhidden sniper"? ;) My beef is basically that Lucius doesn't have a free upgrade that makes Freikorps trappers count as having the guardsman characteristic and being native to guild instead of mercs. I'd even be prepared to pay a stone for it.

It would be a blank base. ?

Seriously though it would be cool. The upgrade idea for Trappers is too much against fluff for me. Von Schill hates Guild iirc. 

• Like 2

This mini will make an excellent base for Raethford from Crossroads also. I am pleased.

34 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

It would be a blank base. ?

Seriously though it would be cool. The upgrade idea for Trappers is too much against fluff for me. Von Schill hates Guild iirc. 

I thought Von Schill's grudge was against the Governor-General which was, and he outlived the SoB, so... <_<

13 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Abs: how to solve the bland? I could sculpt on a bulge in his pants and paint him like Bowie from Labyrinth had a haircut with some glittery eyeshadow.

Queeg has a nasty little pencil-thin mustache, yes, that needs to be painted on.

As for the...style cues from the New Romantic movement, if you're going to glitter up Queeg I insist you bring Sonnia along. That jacket of hers, the cut of it may as well have been lifted from an Adam and the Ants video shoot. (I shall continue to live vicariously through this paint job until I learn to paint charvet.)

I just realized this is what Queeg reminds me of!

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjy6bOlj7rOAhXGBSwKHWszCrwQyCkIHjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2a4gyJsY0mc&usg=AFQjCNG4e-LiPlRqZU6cKFdjGDn9Wj2Hjw&sig2=CzUfUBhUz-dQTRBjYi7APw&bvm=bv.129422649,d.bGg

I would need a new Sonnia to do any sort of outlandish paintjob and I have a few purchases with a higher priority. If they still did singles at reasonable prizes I would actually be tempted, after painting half the faction I've stopped appreciating leather coats ;) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

As for the...style cues from the New Romantic movement, if you're going to glitter up Queeg I insist you bring Sonnia along. That jacket of hers, the cut of it may as well have been lifted from an Adam and the Ants video shoot. (I shall continue to live vicariously through this paint job until I learn to paint charvet.)

Just googled Adam and the ants and whoah! Sonnia and the dapper handler could rock that look like no tomorrow. The witchlings could have some sort of rainbow thing going on perhaps.

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I just realized this is what Queeg reminds me of!

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjy6bOlj7rOAhXGBSwKHWszCrwQyCkIHjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2a4gyJsY0mc&usg=AFQjCNG4e-LiPlRqZU6cKFdjGDn9Wj2Hjw&sig2=CzUfUBhUz-dQTRBjYi7APw&bvm=bv.129422649,d.bGg

I would need a new Sonnia to do any sort of outlandish paintjob and I have a few purchases with a higher priority. If they still did singles at reasonable prizes I would actually be tempted, after painting half the faction I've stopped appreciating leather coats ;) 

...Well. I was in the headspace to appreciate that but. Well. Wow. This millenium? They're sure? :huh:

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

...Well. I was in the headspace to appreciate that but. Well. Wow. This millenium? They're sure? :huh:

I'd say a lot of the references in this game cater to a crowd stuck in a combination of that millenium and headspace ;) 

22 minutes ago, Bengt said:

He reminds me of a cartoony lion tamer, even though he really should have a chair instead of a pistol. But I guess one could fix that if one were to play Guild...

And you could sculpt little (obviously fake) manes on all your guild hounds to complete the imagery of a massively delusional lion tamer! :D 

• Like 2

On 11/08/2016 at 6:53 AM, Ludvig said:

If I had the TTB kit I wouldn't mind proxying from it.

Do it. You know you want to. I of course shall leave it grey. No sense in getting carried away. ;)

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 9:11 AM, Hagisman said:

You hear that Designers! We need a Hidden Sniper model!

I use the kneeling Guild Rifleman (I sit him on the "Secret Assets" card) to signify the hidden sniper.  Since I'm usually using the other two along with Dashel & a Guardian, I had a spare Rifleman. I hate to paint a model and not use it.