Reva

I also don't see all the hype for the über damage, I'm just saying the synergies might be there, as we haven't seen upgrades/new models yet. 

I do agree that she so far seems kinda bland  (as Lady J), but she might provide a decent curveball, to throw your opponent off his game, as he might be teching for a summoner when you declare Ressurectionists. 

Unless ofc you play single master. 

25 minutes ago, Razora911 said:

I also don't see all the hype for the über damage, I'm just saying the synergies might be there, as we haven't seen upgrades/new models yet. 

I do agree that she so far seems kinda bland  (as Lady J). But she might pprovide a decent curveball, to throw your opponent off his game, as he might be teching for a summoner when you declare Ressurectionists. 

Unless ofc you play single master. 

That is actually the main reason I'm picking her up. I'm not going for her as an all out power house, as I feel she will be able to apply constant pressure with moderate sized damage overall, but that's a personal opinion. Rather, I'm picker her up as another tool in the Resser faction to keep my opponent on their toes as well as an alternative to Seamus (whom I enjoy) as a damage dealing Master for things like Reckoning, Marked for Death, and Make Them Suffer. I'm also going off the premise that with her extended range with corpse marker uses she will be good in things like Turf War/Interference, and Guard the Stash to help control or threaten areas.

Time will tell though how effective she and her crew can be though in anything, and until the book comes out and we get some games in no one can really say for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Roy said:

What models do people think would fit best thematically with Reva?

Honestly, going off the premise that she is a pure damage master, then probably build crews like any other damage master...toward scheme related things while she does the heavy lifting. Scheme runners (crooligans/necropunks) to start, plus her box crew, maybe a Dead Doxy or a Belle for movement tricks to move the enemy closer to corpse markers, etc. That's my plan for the first few games I play with her anyway. I'll adjust my crew from there after I see her in action.

• Like 1

The Forgotten Marshal to help keep Vincent company is also thematic, I feel. He doesn't really seem to have any synergy off the top of my head other than just being a pretty resilient utility piece/ranged attack in resser/weird scheme runner. But probably Anna, The Forgotten Marshal, Crooligans, and Carrion Emissary would be the ones I'd think seem to fit both thematically and mechanically.

Don't forget Heyreddin. I've been using him in conjunction with Anna quite a bit recently to good effect. He's a good Melee model (decent ranged as well) who has a :aura4 that puts a :+fateFlip on other models damaged in the area. Run him into combat and then have Anna, who doesn't randomize, fire away. It also helps her get moderate/severe damage more often, especially if she focuses, to ensure that she can summon Mindless Zombies or Seishen at the target (on the trigger). This has helped quite a bit with me recently playing Seamus considering he likes his corpses for a few reasons. The same should hold true for Reva.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I don't think its Pre cuddle Levi dmg at all.

How can it not be:

levi =range 12, 2/3/4 cant be reduced 

reva = range upto 21, 3/4/5 cant be reduced

when playing levi the average damage per attack is 3 (as I doubt you have a handful of severes for damage and hitting) with RJ being 6 tops

when playing reva average damage per attack is 4 with RJ being 8 tops. or if you hit weak on everything she still equals levis average damage output

people said that levi was consistent in giving out damage as it couldnt be reduced, Reva will be the same, difference is she can get around df triggers by targeting wp, or just target the lower stat. and if you have a problem with corpse markers she has a 13" melee threat range of her own (19" if she 0 actions to a closer corpse marker then charges) 

Reva is going to be a tough master to face and will be a consistent damage dealer (much as levi was/is)

• Like 3

Normally moderate damage is far from being the average damage. Also, it isn't going to be trivial to get the corpse markers to perfect positions for attacking, unless your intended target is close enough for you to summon a corpse candle next to it.

16 minutes ago, katadder said:

How can it not be

Ca 7 :+fate is much more reliable than Ca 6. Choosing Df/Wp will help some, but pre cuddle Leve still have the edge when it comes to landing a hit against most models.

Also, moderate is not average for a :-fate damage flip. It's not even average for an unmodified flip (which would be common for pre cuddle Leve) since there are more weak cards than severe, but it's somewhat closer. Leve also ignores HtW, keeping his pre cuddle average just below moderate, but it will sink Reva further into weak. And finally Leve can ignore SS prevention when going after a valuable target (though Reva could take Decaying Aura I guess, but it's 2 SS and an upgrade slot, not to mention she already used a slot to ignore damage reduction).

14 hours ago, Daysleeper said:

The last part could not be that easy as she can only use LOS from corpsemarkers for attack-actions and the corpse-explosion-thingy is a tactical with a range of "only" 8

Absolutely - but at HT 3 and unimpeded she can probably move to be close enough late game if its worth it. 

13 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

2 hours ago, Bengt said:

Ca 7 :+fate is much more reliable than Ca 6. Choosing Df/Wp will help some, but pre cuddle Leve still have the edge when it comes to landing a hit against most models.

Also, moderate is not average for a :-fate damage flip. It's not even average for an unmodified flip (which would be common for pre cuddle Leve) since there are more weak cards than severe, but it's somewhat closer. Leve also ignores HtW, keeping his pre cuddle average just below moderate, but it will sink Reva further into weak. And finally Leve can ignore SS prevention when going after a valuable target (though Reva could take Decaying Aura I guess, but it's 2 SS and an upgrade slot, not to mention she already used a slot to ignore damage reduction).

Which is why I said even weak damage reva is matching levis average (as he generally averages 9 if all 3 hit), however Reva has the potential for even more than him.

yes 6 is lower than 7, but she also has less worry about cover, or combat etc so swings both ways.

What I do like is, given her Ht, she poses a threat on the table wherever a Corpse Marker is dropped. It means that she offers pretty great board control late game when positioning often outweighs dealing with direct threats. I very much like the fact that she has Crow Triggers but that they are more corner case and won't stop the rest of the crew from going wild with Crows. I think Muhahaha! will be very useful with her as well as Decaying Aura which to me sounds good as she has some viable options between her Upgrades and generics for differing play styles. I like Life Drain but interested to see how effective it is, I suppose 5 is the usual difference between degrees of success so it may not be as corner case as I'm thinking. It means cheating just within range of a :-fate is not the best strategy, especially if she's combo'd Decaying Aura and no reduction. I like that she has a place effect that ignores LoS, it means she will very reliably be able to get out of trouble or reposition to see Corpses elsewhere.

I reckon Mortimer is going to be stellar with her. The ability to drop Corpses with his Ml 7 shovel fairly easily and keep models pinned there while being very survivable will make him very useful. He is slow but Doxies can remedy that. The Emissary who, as said above, can use the Shards to get Ht 2 corpses in the enemy's face pretty efficiently will work pretty well. I've been wondering if the new Masters will get Emissary Upgrades actually. Does anyone know? Toshiro could also be very effective as he can use up unwanted Corpses for Summons or buff existing Minions. Using Anna to shoot some Mindless Zombies around if she gets lucky could be quite effective too, and good for keeping Reva from being pushed or moved around.

This is mostly speculative as her crew may add a lot of synergy but from her card it seems like she's not too one-dimensional like Lady J, if just for the fact that she's faster, can hit at range, and can decide between Df or Wp. She's also got some movement tricks which aren't mind blowing but give her some edge over being just a beater. Interested to see how her Upgrades and box add some more synergy.

P.S. I like the whole nun/necromancer theme behind her. Nuncromancer? I would like to see the inspiration aspect of her bio reflected more though in her rules, perhaps her Upgrades will accomplish that.

• Like 1

i also thought she was a nun, but it's just a rich ladies fancy cloak, she might have adopted the look due to Vincent since he was/is a exorcist. Might be some twisted weird back story there **nudge nudge @Aaron** whispering to her while she was locked in the attic or something.

@chris_havoc although a few masters don't have a special conflux upgrade for them, I seem to remember the general upgrade that comes with the C. emissary was pretty amazing looking with Reva. don't have them in front of me though.

@Aaron

3 minutes ago, JudgeDread said:

i also thought she was a nun, but it's just a rich ladies fancy cloak, she might have adopted the look due to Vincent since he was/is a exorcist. Might be some twisted weird back story there **nudge nudge @Aaron** whispering to her while she was locked in the attic or something.

@chris_havoc although a few masters don't have a special conflux upgrade for them, I seem to remember the general upgrade that comes with the C. emissary was pretty amazing looking with Reva. don't have them in front of me though.

@Aaron

Nathan said a while ago when somebody suggested a shotgun-wielding wild west preacher as an idea for a model that Wyrd's policy is to avoid references to religion altogether to not offend anyone's beliefs, so we won't get anything more than Exorcists who do not carry any real life religious imagery for this reason.

So yeah, she looks like a nun, you might even call her a nun, but she is definitely not a nun. :P

• Like 1

I was excited That she was evil zombie nun. And we get more of them alike. But yeh still good.

"Nathan said a while ago when somebody suggested a shotgun-wielding wild west preacher as an idea for a model that Wyrd's policy is to avoid references to religion altogether to not offend anyone's beliefs"

It's a little sad, too. Religions have a lot of interesting characters and fairy tales. Which of the twist from Wyrd, was able to grow to something cool and wicked.

But there is no reason for grumbling. I like more available characters, than I will be able to comprehend in my life spin :).

And nothing prevents me, when I find some time. To built my own team of "Nuns Dead Marshals" ;)

• Like 1