GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

Looks like I woke up at the right time.

Unfortunately I think because I have no interest in Miss Fire, and I'm happy with my current McCabe crew I don't really have any pressing interest in the exclusives. :( 

Well, at least not enough of an interest to justify $60+ in shipping. Looks like I'll just wait for the stuff to arrive at a shop here.

Just now, Gremlin66 said:

Twisted fate deck for the wife. Iconic for me.  Do I need the   Generalist Upgrade Deck 2 if I just play Malifaux 2e and not TtB?

Generalist Upgrade deck has nothing to do with TtB? Generalist Upgrade Deck 1 & 2 provide general upgrades that don't come in crew/model boxes from the books. You don't need it unless you want cards for the new upgrades in the new rulebook.

Got my order in, even on the super sketchy Saskatchewan internet I'm using on my road trip! I was seriously tempted to add the Arcane Emissary and Wind Gamin to my order (got Sandeep's box) to get Miss Fire, but the tax and USD to CAD exchange rate on those two were the price of a whole extra model, so no Miss Fire for me.

Bought book, Reva (not excited about her, but she's a lesser master so...) and Anna. Been waiting for Anna for a long time. Didn't like the sculpt on the Forgotten Marshal so I''ll keep my Miss Terious Proxy. Was going to buy the Emissary and Hayreddin, but FFG just released Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition, with an app that makes it fully cooperative, so now I can play the game with just myself or my wife. The app is pretty slick so that bumped the emissary and Hayreddin. So though, I have 3 Avatars from when they first came out so I'm good.

Ended up getting the Rezzer/NB/10T crew boxes as well as the corresponding Emissaries. My postdoc(s) might take me to a place I can't get Malifaux easily, so I figured I'd go for them rather than having to wait longer past their release.

Also got the LE McCabe crew and the book. Looking forward to rolling around the table :)

A Fistful of Scrip, because I mean, I changed my name to him. So, he was an of course purchase. Ripples of Fate because I gotta have the new book to look at all the new stuff and see the new fiction. The Wild Ones are pretty cool and since they are dual faction, I can buy them without feeling too bad (McCabe will be Ten Thunders and Rollin will be Guild). And finally, I had enough money, so I picked up Asami. It was a tough choice between her Reva, but Reva seems more popular among my playgroup.

5 minutes ago, Lakshman said:

Upgrade decks are there now. It was worth waiting an hour to place my order.

Ah... damnit. Oh well. I can pick it up later.

Haven't done my order yet, but it'll be The Queen Returns, Mysterious Emmisary, and probably one of the Fate Decks. I was going to grab the book, but with shipping it was an additional $85. I can wait for it to hit the shelves. Now that I've had time to mull over The Wild Ones, I'm giving it a miss.

I went with A Fistful of Scrip, Big Jake, and an Iconic Fate Deck. Nephew's getting the Sky Pirates and a Seriously Twisted Fate Deck for the 'birthday' thing. Miss Fire as a freebie - baiting me to look into Arcanists even as I just step foot into Outcasts.. Wyrd, you sly dogs...

Got my order in;

10 Thunders + Gremlins Ripples Master; A box of survivors. The Shadow Emissary and the 2nd Generalist Upgrade deck. Could not fit a Tshirt in ad thus placed another order at my local vendor for Ama no Zako and the Porkchop. The wallet is dry (with precalculated customs).

1 hour ago, Gremlin66 said:

Malifaux is limited around me. 40k is the big one with my buddies. I'm just bored with it.

Time to get insistant!

I was in that situation. I nagged my brother and friend into trying Infinity, and we dropped 40k for it once it gained traction (the first few months the Infinity models were just pretty 40k objectives). Now with Malifaux, I nagged my brother into it, he got his kids into it, and we play it more than Infinity.

Just to set some expectations for the newer members of the community that haven't done a GenCon online order until now...dont expect your order number to equate to how soon you will receive your goods.

Based on  snippits shared by Nathan (the guy in the know) in the past, once they get back to the office they will print all the orders, round up all available personnel (seem to recall even Aaron being press ganged into orders fulfillment during this and the Black Friday sale) and begin orders packaging and shipping. Sometimes the pile of orders falls over mixing everything up and breaking the sequence other times it might be divided between available hands for efficiency.

Rest assured you will get your stuff as quickly as they can get it out, but don't be surprised if a higher numbered order comes on here and reports they have already received their items before someone with a much lower order number. As far as I recall it has happened every year and usually Nathan chimes in at some point to reassure the worried minds.

• Like 1