UK Nationals 2016 - 12-13 November

OldManMyke

Further to the national thing UK based players will also be able to compete in the county championship, basically when you register you will sign in with the county you live in and your scores will count towards seeing if that county is the bestest.  Matt says that as he is helping me run it rather than play Norfolk is out of the running but I'm not sure that his presence on the gaming table would actually help

Also will be putting up a seperate post later about the UK Malifaux Oscars :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

Further to the national thing UK based players will also be able to compete in the county championship, basically when you register you will sign in with the county you live in and your scores will count towards seeing if that county is the bestest.  Matt says that as he is helping me run it rather than play Norfolk is out of the running but I'm not sure that his presence on the gaming table would actually help

Also will be putting up a seperate post later about the UK Malifaux Oscars :)

This sounds awesome. Do you have to live in said county to be allowed to represent. Having moved around lots gives me options 

7 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

Further to the national thing UK based players will also be able to compete in the county championship, basically when you register you will sign in with the county you live in and your scores will count towards seeing if that county is the bestest.

Will scoring be based off an average, a total, or some other mathematical sorcery?

Thats my second thought..

Every nation can choose 3 people to represent it. I saw in magic that 3 is a very good number: less is not a team, more tend to align the score to average. More players you have, more similar the outcome will be among teams. It could be 4 at the most.

I would let people choose where they wanna play (live or born)

I would avoid - as the first pattern - the match between same team players (I mean, if Germany has two people at 6 points with the same difference of VP, I wouldn't pair them unless they are the only to 6 tournament points.). If this rule can be extended to all players of the nation would be great..but probably problematic. It would be nice to dont play with other Italian while coming there!

These are my ideas :)

29 minutes ago, ukrocky said:

As in their (Yorkshire's) best player live in Nottinghamshire at the mo...therefore Yorkshire won't win it...? Maria has nothing to do with it...? :s

Whilst not having Yorkshire's most beloved player in the team will be a cruel blow there is at least James, Ant, (old)Paul, Martin, Peter, Nathen so say they won't win is a little harsh

6 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

No choosing, will be something like the average score of the flks signed up for a country.  Its all just for fun though, if folks start getting gamey or takng it a bit to seriously then i just won't do that bit

Does this mean I can, or can't, represent both Surrey and Botswana?

On 5/4/2016 at 6:31 PM, jonahmaul said:

So who is going from the West Midlands?!  I'm in Wolverhampton now and you guys are my new team (know some of the Walsall lot are going but no idea of their usernames on here!).

Me (Graeme Nicholls), though I'm at the other side of Brum in Coventry and seem to have lost my mojo at Cow Wars...

So who is going from the West Midlands?!  I'm in Wolverhampton now and you guys are my new team (know some of the Walsall lot are going but no idea of their usernames on here!).

Me (Graeme Nicholls), though I'm at the other side of Brum in Coventry and seem to have lost my mojo at Cow Wars...

We (Walsall lot) will all be going. I think I'm the only one with a forum account however.

• Like 2