What Are The Easiest And Hardest Schemes To Achieve

Justin

Simply, Opponent's Crew list is one of important things for this topic. But in my opinion....

Easiest

Protect Territory

Just place some scheme markers and Keep your models near them. Any crews can do that, so I think it is easiest scheme. 

Frame for Murder

It usually works, but you must check your opponent's crew before you choose it. 

Hardest

Outflank

It needs to reveal for 3VP. And your opponent can deny it by just engaging. So my tactic for this scheme is  

Spring the Trap

If your opponent sense it, he/she can deny your plan easily. But some crew can complete this scheme well. 

Deliver a message

It needs to reveal for 3VP, too. And It needs 2AP. But if you have some trick for this scheme, it become easier. 

Hardest: Outflank.  You need to take two non-peon models, disengage them from the game, abandon your crew, and sit them in the corner of the table.  For max VP, your opponent will know well in advance that you plan to do this.  It just seems to me like one of the only mutually exclusive schemes.  You have to choose between scoring Outflank, and winning the rest of the Schemes/Strategies.  Turf War+Outflank is a prime example of this.

Easiest: Distract, with Cursed Object as a close second.  It seems like they are too easy to apply and too difficult to remove (thematically, I feel like Distracting someone should involve the target's Wp in some way...).  Distract wins out because it is a (2) to remove.  At least Cursed Object can be Obeyed off once your activated model has been freed from engagement with whatever is tying it down, and you can still remove it if Slow.  But both are easy to apply with any model and there's no way to resist the Condition.  Easy VP when you save a cheap minion for last, take a walk action over to someone and say "You have Cursed Object now...the turn ends...+1 VP"

I'd like to rate all 19 schemes on a scale of 1-3, meaning that most of the Time I'll take as much 1 schemes as available, fill up with 2 and take 3 only with certain Masters or in special situations. My goal is to rank them not dependant on my own Crew or that of the opponent.

(Always) Line in the Sand - 2

Good scheme all in all. I only take LitS if there are no better marker schemes available and play a Crew that prefers Marker Schemes. I ALWAYS announce it.

(Doubles) Distract - 2

Very good for close quarter fights as the condition might be aplied while engaged but not removed. The only problem: you shouldn't kill distracted opponents making them free to do as they please.

(:ram) Bodyguard - 2

Very Crew dependant, easy with certain models but most of the time too easy to thwart.

(:tome) Protect Territory - 1

Very easy to to and ressource intensive to counter. I see myself taking Protect Territoy in over 90% of the cases it is available

(:mask) Breakthrough - 1-2

Very good, but only if Protect Territory is not available or I really want two marker schemes

(:crow) Assassinate - 1

Must have against most Masters as you'll want to kill them anyway

(1) Cursed Object - 1-2

Better then Distract, easier to get done but I tend to just forget it. Very hard to Thwart.

(2) Outflank - 3

Not bad but most of the times my models have something better to do. Needs 2 Models and can only be achieved on the last turn. Most of the times, other schemes are just preferable.

(3) Plant Evidence - 1

Even better then Protect territoy only less frequently available

(4) Entourage - 2

Very good with tough Masters, very Crew dependant.

(5) Vendetta - 1

Crew depending but good, just don't forget that first attack...

(6) Plant Explosives - 3

Very hard to get through as you need to place the markers very close to the action without being engaged. Cake with "Don't Mind Me"

(7) Make Them Suffer - 1-2

Crew dependant but easy

(8) Deliver a Message - 1

Instant points (you don't have to wait till last turn to score), easy to do for most Crews, hard to prevent.

(9) Take Prisoner - 3... maybe 4

I never take this one. Way to many things can go wrong with this one.

(10) Spring the Trap - 3

Very hard to get through and very easy to prevent (just walk away)

(11) Murder Protegé - 1

If available I see myself take this in >90% as it is very easy most of the times and you'll have to kill that model anyway...

(12) Frame for Murder - 2

Good Scheme, too easy to deny at least 1 VP, very easy to counter with poisen/burning.

(13) Power Ritual - 1

Better then Protect Territory but inferior to Plant Evidence

I'd like to rate all 19 schemes on a scale of 1-3, meaning that most of the Time I'll take as much 1 schemes as available, fill up with 2 and take 3 only with certain Masters or in special situations. My goal is to rank them not dependant on my own Crew or that of the opponent.

Good scheme all in all. I only take LitS if there are no better marker schemes available and play a Crew that prefers Marker Schemes. I ALWAYS announce it.

(Doubles) Distract - 2

Very good for close quarter fights as the condition might be aplied while engaged but not removed. The only problem: you shouldn't kill distracted opponents making them free to do as they please.

(:ram) Bodyguard - 2

Very Crew dependant, easy with certain models but most of the time too easy to thwart.

(:tome) Protect Territory - 1

Very easy to to and ressource intensive to counter. I see myself taking Protect Territoy in over 90% of the cases it is available

(:mask) Breakthrough - 1-2

Very good, but only if Protect Territory is not available or I really want two marker schemes

(:crow) Assassinate - 1

Must have against most Masters as you'll want to kill them anyway

(1) Cursed Object - 1-2

Better then Distract, easier to get done but I tend to just forget it. Very hard to Thwart.

(2) Outflank - 3

Not bad but most of the times my models have something better to do. Needs 2 Models and can only be achieved on the last turn. Most of the times, other schemes are just preferable.

(3) Plant Evidence - 1

Even better then Protect territoy only less frequently available

(4) Entourage - 2

Very good with tough Masters, very Crew dependant.

(5) Vendetta - 1

Crew depending but good, just don't forget that first attack...

(6) Plant Explosives - 3

Very hard to get through as you need to place the markers very close to the action without being engaged. Cake with "Don't Mind Me"

(7) Make Them Suffer - 1-2

Crew dependant but easy

(8) Deliver a Message - 1

Instant points (you don't have to wait till last turn to score), easy to do for most Crews, hard to prevent.

(9) Take Prisoner - 3... maybe 4

I never take this one. Way to many things can go wrong with this one.

(10) Spring the Trap - 3

Very hard to get through and very easy to prevent (just walk away)

(11) Murder Protegé - 1

If available I see myself take this in >90% as it is very easy most of the times and you'll have to kill that model anyway...

Good Scheme, too easy to deny at least 1 VP, very easy to counter with poisen/burning.

(13) Power Ritual - 1

Better then Protect Territory but inferior to Plant Evidence

I like your thought on these. My only difference is I consider Plant Explosives and Take Prisoner as 1 as I find both very easy to obtain no matter the crew I use or face. It could just be a playstyle difference though.

Protect Territory is one of the easiest schemes to take. It is one scheme both players always take when it is available, and will decide the tie-breaker when it somebody didn't take it. Very simple to achieve, very hard to counter. (Unless Rats)

Hardest to achieve I have to echo outflank. It rquires very specific positioning, and while positioned like that you don't score points for other schemes or strategies.

I like your thought on these. My only difference is I consider Plant Explosives and Take Prisoner as 1 as I find both very easy to obtain no matter the crew I use or face. It could just be a playstyle difference though.

Either that or a different Meta (other players playstyles in your area, differences in Terrain and so on)

My hardest schemes are Plant Explosives, Spring the Trap, A Line in the Sand, and Take Hostage.

A Line in the Sand because it needs 4 Scheme Markers on the center line and declare it for full points.

Spring the Trap and Plant Explosives....  I dunno. I'm too obvious I guess? Also, I get the mixed up a lot and tend to go for the other.

Take Hostage.... well, I only tried it once. It just makes me hesitant. Mainly because I would rather just kill most enemies than trying to keep alive, but not near me.

Easy.... Pretty much any other scheme marker one.

Though many are Master dependent. Killing Mei Feng is easier than killing Molly. Getting Lilith across the board is easier than getting Rasputina (well, maybe once I get Snowstorm, it will be easier).

I think that Joel makes a good point about getting full points especially if playing timed games. Schemes like Bodyguard, Cursed Object and Distract can be more difficult to achieve if playing in that environment. 

Also any seconding Deliver a Message, Murder Protege and Outflank, as you need to announce to be able to get full points and this makes it very easy to counter them.

Easiest schemes I find are Breakthrough, Protect Territory, Plant Evidence and Power Ritual. I see these commonly selected and almost always score maximum points. 

I'm not getting some people saying Protect Territory isn't easy.

Drop markers away from the fight if your models get taken out, anything can "Protect", I don't know it's just very easy.

Also Deliver a Message even announced is fairly simple against a whole bunch of masters.

All the ones who want to get engaged will give the opportunity.

The summoners who hang back don't tend to run away fast so you can catch them.

Sure the master can try and avoid people, but a 3*3 is very small if you make sure to take enough/quick models.

I think that Joel makes a good point about getting full points especially if playing timed games. Schemes like Bodyguard, Cursed Object and Distract can be more difficult to achieve if playing in that environment. 

Also any seconding Deliver a Message, Murder Protege and Outflank, as you need to announce to be able to get full points and this makes it very easy to counter them.

Easiest schemes I find are Breakthrough, Protect Territory, Plant Evidence and Power Ritual. I see these commonly selected and almost always score maximum points. 

Is Murder Protege just not an easier Assassinate a lot of the time?

Just kill stuff bro!

Either that or a different Meta (other players playstyles in your area, differences in Terrain and so on)

That could be it too, though the majority of my games are on Vassal with people from various metas. Still, different players/metas experience different trends which is why I enjoy this game so much.

As a neverborn player I have never not scored for breakthrough (probably hyperbole), plant evidence, make them suffer, murder protégé, frame for murder, and vendetta so I would lump them into easiest. They require mobility, damage output, and are hard for the opponent to prevent you accomplishing

The ones I never score, and/or don't take because they strike me as being really hard would be distract (I have a hard time not just killing enemy models), assassinate (masters always have so many ways to stay alive), deliver a message, and spring the trap (NB models are usually too fragile to pull this off, and the enemy master usually is so mobile).

The rest tend to have a lot of interaction, allowing players to really fight over the points, or are balanced such that a large enouought SS allocation to garauntee points makes other strats and schemes shaky.

TLDR
Hardest are Outflank followed by Spring the Trap
Easiest are Plant Evidence, Power Ritual, and Cursed Object followed closely by Protect Territory.

So I'm operating on the assumption that hardest to do means getting full points on verse a competent player for the average crew/master.

Using a scale like 96B's,

1 = Easy for any crew that isn't highly specialized
2 = Can get 3 points on it with a crew built with it in mind

3 = Hard for most crews to get the full 3 points on
* = Time sensitive

Most crews can do line if you build for it, your final score usually depends on how heavy of denial your opponent plays

(Doubles) Distract - 2*

If you build a crew that can take punches and tar pit enemies then distract is an easy 3 points, but also a hard 3 points to deny for most crews. The only problem with it is the best faction for doing distract is Ressurectionist and time can be a factor in getting all 3 points in tournament settings.

( :ram) Bodyguard - 2*

If you build a crew for doing bodyguard (ie taking a good target and possible bluffs), then it isn't to hard unless your opponent is playing to table you. Once again in a tournament setting, bodyguard can be hard to get a full 3 points on if you or your opponent are slower players.

( :tome) Protect Territory - 1.5

Easy for nearly any crew to score on, only thing you have to watch out for is an opponent looking to table you or swarm you with summons.

( :mask) Breakthrough - 2

An easy enough scheme to score on if crew takes a couple models for it, but not all crews will have to speed for it.

( :crow) Assassinate - 2

Assassinate greatly depends on opponents choices (i.e. outside your realm of control) as some master/crew comps will make the master very difficult to kill while others will still be easy. You can build a crew to get around hard to kill masters tricks, but when you don't know the master you are facing, it can be a bit of random luck in having the right model for the job.

(1) Cursed Object - 1

Easier then distract as you only have to target one model a turn, just have to do it each round.

(2) Outflank - 3

This scheme is very hard to score 3 points on other then tabling opponent, punishing opponent who took a slow crew, or abusing some mechanic in game (ie burying models). Additional difficulty if your opponent is Arcanist and takes raptors.

(3) Plant Evidence - 1

One of the easiest schemes to score with as you don't even need to having a model alive to score it.

(4) Entourage - 2

Some crews laugh at how easy this one it (see Myranda bury tricks or Bad Juju), but not all crews will have the right models to do the job.

(5) Vendetta - 2

It can be hard for some crews to score the full 3 points on this one, but all the factions usually have a good models for this scheme.

(6) Plant Explosives - 2

The difficulty of this on depends on scheme marker tricks in the crew and the strategy in play. But if you build a crew to do the scheme it usually isn't to hard to pull off (especially with Turf War or bluffing another marker placement scheme).

(7) Make Them Suffer - 2

Another one that is highly dependent on the opponents crew (ie takes no minions or peons except one that hides or drops in like a raptor). Against average crew thought, it is doable if you have the right master/henchmen.

(8) Deliver a Message - 2

Another scheme that is laughable easy for some masters (ie McCabe with Luna), but can be tricky verse a good opponent who builds against it with chatty auras or something like Sidir + upgrade.

(9) Take Prisoner - 2

This schemes comes down to your ability to bluff your opponent and/or models with lures to position the enemy correctly. Well that or just killing all his models except the target and surrounding it.

(10) Spring the Trap - 2.5

This is really dependent on your opponents crew and some very specific abilities (ie lightning dance with Yan Lo). Its not too hard against an opposing master that needs to get in your face, as you can just drop markers where they want/need to go and score that way (or deny them something else), but some masters can just sit in the backfield and/or are too mobile to lock down (or both with Lucius).

(11) Murder Protegé - 2

It can be easy with a fast/ranged killy model on your crew, but many opponents will just hid the target in its deployment zone when declared for full points.

This one is very dependent on what your opponent is playing and how good of a player they are. Its is easy to deny 1vp on this scheme , but some opponents won't even bother to play the guessing game and will just give you the points.

(13) Power Ritual - 1

Arguable easiest scheme on corner deployment, but usually comes down to how denial heavy your opponent is playing (usually not that heavy).

I'm not getting some people saying Protect Territory isn't easy.

Drop markers away from the fight if your models get taken out, anything can "Protect", I don't know it's just very easy.

Also Deliver a Message even announced is fairly simple against a whole bunch of masters.

All the ones who want to get engaged will give the opportunity.

The summoners who hang back don't tend to run away fast so you can catch them.

Sure the master can try and avoid people, but a 3*3 is very small if you make sure to take enough/quick models.

Play against a swarm summoner and I will just outnumber your models next to Protect Markers. Play vs Sonnia and get tabled with nobody to hold said markers. Play Sensei Yu who will gust you away from your markers and place them next to him to pickup. Easy for most crews yes, but it can be denied by a good opponent.

As for Deliver the Message, How about I have Sidir in my list with his upgrade....whats that you delivered the message to Sidir....oh whats that you can only do that action once per game and now your out 3 points...its mean, but it adds a dimension of difficulty.

As for Deliver the Message, How about I have Sidir in my list with his upgrade....whats that you delivered the message to Sidir....oh whats that you can only do that action once per game and now your out 3 points...its mean, but it adds a dimension of difficulty.

But that's picking out one specific counter in the whole game which wont usually be there. That's like saying, "oh, cursed object and distract are easy for you? Here's Hamelin & Nix. Have fun."

Sharp_GT, as an aside, I'm also primarily an NB player. For Distract & Deliver the Message might I suggest Silurids and/or Gupps (if you can find them). They make it silly easy to pull off both.

Thanks for the reminder, silurids might just be the cure for my DtM blues. I've tried using them for distract but they tend to get killed and/or the condition removed.

I will note that whole I usually find DtM hard to accomplish, one of my friends takes it just about every game successfully.

Evil evil man asking this question.

Short simple answer: Power Ritual is the easiest followed by Plant Explosive and Vendetta to me.  Now mind you that is easiest to achieve, nothing about getting full VP.  Power Ritual you just have to have models start within just about 7" of the corners so they can drop the scheme marker so it is within 6".  Any set up will give you easy access to at least one corner for scoring.   It is also not hard to get one scheme marker near an enemy model after turn 1 to blow up and it is not hard to have a model take its first attack action at a certain model to get that 1 VP.

Hardest to me would be Assassinate as you have to kill the master and often your opponent is not very helpful in the task.  Some can heal, some like to stay away, some just like shunting damage or preventing it all.

Now in regard to earning full VP that changes and becomes more complicated.  If you have any tricks for movement or the ability to move Scheme markers makes certain schemes completely easy for full VP.  Delivery the Message when you can have a model cross 12" and still have the 2 AP?  A lot easier.  Have the ability to move scheme markers or drop them rather than interact to do it, Line in the Sand becomes a lot easier as do Protect Territory as it is not hard to set them up.  Plant Explosive becomes real easy if you can move scheme markers as well *though might have a problem if the enemy crew will not group up for you as you will have to move multiple scheme markers possible*.  Power Ritual becomes pretty easy once you get Corner or Flank deployment *where you just drop one in your own and then just need one of the other corners*.  It is harder to get full VP on standard deployment as odds are you have to announce it and then get one into your opponent's deployment to score, you have to have backup plans or scheme runners just in case of a bad match up with your opponent's crew.

Hardest to get full VP? I am going to go with Distract, Spring the Trap, Take Prisoner, and Outflank.  Effectively the hardest ones are often the ones that direct involve your opponent and require to you build certain elements into your list in my opinion.  The more you have to rely on your opponent the easier something can go wrong.  Distract gets rough with certain match ups.  Any where they can wipe out your crew fast makes your options go fast, and you have to be careful which models you kill or you might not get that VP for the turn.  While you can build a crew for Distract it might end up as a poor match up against their crew.  Also while you can keep it secret it is only till the first model uses the interact action to give the condition.  At that point they know what you are up to and if they can stop you from scoring in 2 turns after Turn 1, you are likely not going to get full VP.  Spring the Trap likewise has to be planned for to hope and pull it off. 

The problem with Spring the Trap is the double aspect of it.  You need to get the enemy's leader in range of your scheme markers to score, but unless you can drop scheme markers near each other regardless *IE drop them, not interact to drop them*, you have to build a cage to get your Full VP.  In addition as you have to build your list for the scheme, you don't know at the time if your opponent will take a horde or a small elite crew, so you have to build it with the plan of having 3 scheme markers to be sure.  The second serious unknown factor at construction is that the master might not the sort that advances much *Raspy, Sonnia, Kirai, Tara* then you have to either have a way to move the Scheme markers to them or pull them to the scheme markers *some of which can have counters to lure and the like*.  Meaning you have to trap them... in addition you cannot kill said Master till you get your VP otherwise you might find yourself to far in the hole to catch up regardless of having killed their master.  Sure it is not announced but unless protect Territory is an option it is going to look suspicious if you are trying to make a triangle with 3 scheme markers that are not on your half of the table, touching terrain, or on the center line.

Take Prisoner's problem is that often there is not much of a bluffing game with Schemes.  With so many needing to be announced to get the Full VP, or will be announced during the game, it starts to become easy to predict Take Prisoner as the game goes on.  Often you can eliminate all other Schemes at a certain point and based on actions know which model is likely the target.  At which point you have several option on what to do, one of which is potentially simple... kill your own model.  I have axed the target before, effectively denying them any of the 3 VP.  I might be a model down, but I also just denied them 30% of their possible VP.  Sure you can guess wrong, but more often then not you can be pretty darn certain and if you are not certain you can always try something else and see how they react.  If it is something like a Guild Hound or some tiny minion, killing them might not be much of a loss.  If they keep trying to cage in Teddy and are not really attacking him... he might be strong enough to break them and escape before the end of the game if you know what you are looking for.  I have taken this several times, but often when I have numbers and can select someone they would not suspect *or lack a way to remove them on the last turn*.  It is rarely my first or second choices among schemes.

Outflank's problem is that you have to announce it to get the full VP but you also need models to make it till the end of the game and be in a certain positions.  Worse unlike things like Protect Territory where the position can very or be controlled, Outflank is only a set location points.  And needs two models to accomplish it.  It is not that hard to get 1 or 2 VP from it, but getting all 3 can be really rough as you don't know what crew your opponent has.  There are all sorts of masters and models that can rapidly reposition to take out your flankers, or have the range to do so while still being able to affect the center of the board.  Knowing that they have to keep their models alive, possible out of the fight, makes it easier to predict how to influence it.  You don't even need to kill them, just being able to pull them out of position last turn can do it.  Only way to have it easy would be if there is terrain that blocks LOS nested there to prevent anyone from doing anything at range to them, but certain masters can still cross the board fast enough to deny you *Marcus's 8" walk then 8" charge comes to mind* as it will be obvious what you are doing.  Again you can make plans to pull this off but you have to really plan for it and it works best if you have schemes that can go right with it *Power Ritual on a flank or corner deployment, Line in the Sand*.

But that's picking out one specific counter in the whole game which wont usually be there. That's like saying, "oh, cursed object and distract are easy for you? Here's Hamelin & Nix. Have fun."

Normally I would agree, but its just one example and tbh if I'm playing Ten Thunders or Guild with Deliver the Message in the pool, Sidir will likely be in my list to deny an easy deliver (obviously he can still be killed, but it makes the delivery a 2-part plan).

Chatty auras are found in many factions and are common with deliver in the pool (at least in my meta with the more competitive players). Summoner masters can literally surround there master so you can't get within engagement with a normal delivery model. Deliver is still very doable don't get me wrong, but a good player will at least make you work for it and its not gonna be just an easy 3 points.

I think that's not really an issue with the scheme design though, is it?  At least, I judged the schemes assuming you finished a full game.

Just skimming the latest posts, it seems like EternalVoid has similar thoughts but nonetheless...

These are the ones that I'll pretty much never take:

- Outflank: This one seems pretty strict to me. Has to be announced to get 3VP, each model has to be within 3", can only score at the end of the game and your models can't be engaged. This would be a last resort scheme for me and I'd be considering Line in the Sand first since at least you can work on that over several turns.

- Take Prisoner: I have limited control over whether enemy models can enter within 3" and again, only the last turn matters. This is probably a more attractive scheme if your faction contains multiple models with Leap and Flight.

- Spring the Trap: For the same reason as Take Prisoner, I feel like this one may be easier for other factions. 

These aren't as bad but I'm still not fond of taking them:

- Assassinate: Masters have 3AP, some fancy abilities and can use soulstones for damage prevention. It's not a bad scheme, it's just high effort.

- Murder Protege: Unlike Assassinate, you need to announce this to get full points so your opponent knows to protect their model at all costs. I get that hiding away their highest soulstone cost model almost sounds like a net gain, but it feels like you're handing over a lot of control.

This has to be an oversight and be FAQ:ed in the very next one, I can't possibly imagine this as the intended interaction. Have you notified the designers and taken this to their attention?

I'm not even sure you don't get VP, there is no part that actually says you have to in any way succeed? If you take the action you have completed the scheme but you can only take the action targeting the leader, just cause the target changed the action didn't fail.

Let me first caveat by saying that my philosophy (and that of my playgroup) is to always play for 10 points. I am always looking to select my crew and schemes with a goal of maxing points on both schemes. That makes certain schemes a lot more attractive. Also to the point raised earlier in the thread, I also play in tournaments and that format does warp the calculus a bit because with a decreased chance of making it to turns 4 and 5, schemes that score each turn are less attractive (Cursed Object, Distract, Bodyguard).

When I consider schemes I am most looking for reliability. Scheme marker-based schemes tend to be the most reliable because you can control them. Others that depend on your opponent can still be good (frame for murder) or terrible (take prisoner).

So, given that, here's my general rankings (in no order within each category).

Top Choices (I almost always select if available)
Protect Territory - Every faction can drop schemes. When revealed, you can do this with a single model. Most factions now have ways to break the 4" scheme restriction making this even easier.

ALITS - Most factions have a very easy way to break the scheme restrictions. (e.g. union miners, trixibelle, hodgepodge emissary, etc.).

Breakthrough - Again, pretty easy. Usually you want to cross the board anyway. Always reveal for easier max points.

Power Ritual - Usually pretty easy if revealed. Every faction has access to speedy models that can zoom across the board. Excels on corner and flank deployment. Still okay in standard.

Pretty good (I often choose these)
Deliver a Message - Can often be hard to prevent, but does usually require specific crew build.

Plant Evidence - Again, schemes are pretty easy for every faction to do. The only ding against this one is it really depends on your board.

Bodyguard - Usually pretty doable for most factions. Somewhat dependent on matchup and strategy. (For tournaments, this drops to so-so due to time constraints).

Assassinate - Very crew-dependent, but usually something you want to do anyway.

Murder protoge - Similar to assassinate.

So-So (Situationally take depending on terrain, deployment, crew)
Vendetta - Annoying to get the exact situation. Can sometimes work well given certain circumstances. But not reliable.

Plant Explosives - Okay when hidden, but relies a bit too much on your opponent (or having specific scheme or movement tricks in your crew)

Frame for murder - Usually easy to bait them into this, but it's very person dependent. You have to not telegraph it or else it is easy to avoid.

Make them suffer - Very crew-dependent, but can be great.

Distract - Decent if you have the right crew build and matchup. But can't be relied on and depends on keeping enemies alive and the game going longer.

Cursed Object - Same as distract.

Last Picks (I almost never take these)
Take prisoner - Most of the time I would rather be killing the enemy. Very crew-dependent.

Outflank - Requires a big investment of resources to max points. Terrible in diagonal deployments.